Sign in to follow this  
mack

Melbourne Victory: Season 2018/19

4 hours ago, GunnerWanderer said:

Guy who scored against Germany in recent World Cup  comes here to play within the salary cap

seems far fetched 

Melb looked an attacking force this season 

Defence may be suspect with Roux, a slow German, Deng and Brown. Actually Neidemeyer played under our coach.

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

9 hours ago, GunnerWanderer said:

Guy who scored against Germany in recent World Cup  comes here to play within the salary cap

seems far fetched 

Melb looked an attacking force this season 

Not really

He's only 73 on FIFA - it's not like he's someone that regularly plays in the top leagues

For comparison, Cejudo was 74, Riera is 73... and Keisuke Honda is 79

If Honda went under the cap, that would be bloody dodgy

14 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

Not really

He's only 73 on FIFA - it's not like he's someone that regularly plays in the top leagues

For comparison, Cejudo was 74, Riera is 73... and Keisuke Honda is 79

If Honda went under the cap, that would be bloody dodgy

All three players you named including Cejudo were marquees outside of the cap.

Its not dodgy it’s just (on paper at least) a very good signing. Victory have squeezed their cap to effectively fit a third marquee in as sydney did last year

While so far this year we haven’t even bothered using the second marquee spot.

(Alex looks the real deal, though)

57 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

All three players you named including Cejudo were marquees outside of the cap.

Its not dodgy it’s just (on paper at least) a very good signing. Victory have squeezed their cap to effectively fit a third marquee in as sydney did last year

While so far this year we haven’t even bothered using the second marquee spot.

(Alex looks the real deal, though)

Wait until he gets his range and starts playing on fields that run true (the ball bobbled around on Marconi like a balloon). I think we will wet ourselves for some of the passes he will make - I believe we'll see vision and geometry we haven't seen in WSW since Tensai.

11 minutes ago, wswtragic said:

Wait until he gets his range and starts playing on fields that run true (the ball bobbled around on Marconi like a balloon). I think we will wet ourselves for some of the passes he will make - I believe we'll see vision and geometry we haven't seen in WSW since Tensai.

I agree, he looks like he has time on the ball in a way we haven’t seem since Ono.

I also think Bridge will make a difference when he gets back, looking forward to him playing with Alex. While the king ain’t fast he has a good football brain 

Melb Vic just drew 1-1 in a friendly with the Roar. No Honda, no Toivonen, no Baena and Neidemeyer started from the bench in the second half. 

Fantastic atmosphere at last night's MV vs Adelaide game, from what I heard of the TV.

For Victory when he next visits - what's the status of active support atm?

Sounded like 2 groups going loud all game - plus Adelaide at times??

I heard the "We are North End" …"We are South End" chant towards the end f the game.

Your supporters have lots to sing about this season - obviously!

What's happening this season?

Victory have released their ACL kit with a shirt sponsor that apparently isn't a betting company, even though it really looks like it's a betting company.

These twitter threads are interesting.

Will they wear them tonight, should be interesting to hear if the commentary mentions it or keeps it on the low like victards tried but failed 

AFC Champions League - Mate in Japan reckons no tickets available for Sanfrecce v Victory tonight.  Surely it won't sell out because of the Honda factor?

He is massive over there but have heard that some Japanese teams don’t rate the ACL. In saying that, Urawa packed out last match day so who knows.

Bloody huge game tonight, they lose this game & virtually impossible to progress to the next round. A draw possible but requires 2/2 wins at the next 2 home games. If one things for certain, they’ll go all out to get a result tonight.