NRMA Gone.? Who's next.?

Well you'd like to think there isn't just one interested party and that major potential sponsors are falling over themselves to be the chosen one. The delay is just the Wanderers deciding who's largesse to go with  :)

Edited by beatsurrender
33 minutes ago, beatsurrender said:

Well you'd like to think there isn't just one interested party and that major potential sponsors are falling over themselves to be the chosen one. The delay is just the Wanderers deciding who's largesse to go with  :)

If that's the case I hope they choose a warehouse full of chemists over a chemists warehouse!

On 11/09/2018 at 4:48 PM, teddies said:

Any idea on who our major sponsor may be? I got a text (or an email?) reminding me to update my details in preparation of the membership pack being sent out. So I can only assume that the major sponsor has been finalised and they would want their name all over the membership paraphernalia.

Collected Black family membership pack today from post office.  No major sponsor.  Left side of white cap and stickers have Coffee Emporium only. Right side of cap blank. Empty. 

15 hours ago, beatsurrender said:

I don't think it's actually like this at the moment, from the member's forum the club said they were having trouble - but so were other clubs like the Rabbitohs and the Bulldogs.

MV seems to have success in signings like La Ionica chicken and Oliana Foods, maybe that's the answer.

We’re not having a kit this year. The FFA have deemed that permanent kits don’t attract a wide enough demographic because people get too used to them and attached to them as the season progresses, creating a sense of ownership which encourages mob mentality and alienates potential new fans.

This year we’ll be selecting a new kit each week based off an instagram survey available only to female children aged between 8 and 12 of an ambiguous ethnic background who live in AFL heartland.

2 hours ago, wanderersfanatic said:

Will we even have a kit release this year? 

Once fifa 19 comes out in 3 days, we'll see our new kit there... 

I asked this question in the other thread, it seems that we will keep using last season's jersey and have a patch over the NRMA logo.

Seems quite unprofessional from the club if that's the case

Sydney FC in July 2017 released their new jersey without a major sponsor.

(D.Bossi story)

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/sydney-fc-unveil-new-aleague-kit-but-without-a-major-sponsor-20170712-gx9x8e.html

Sydney FC unveil new A-League kit but without a major sponsor (2017)

Sydney FC have unveiled their new kit for their first title defence in seven years, but the most notable part about the jersey was what was missing.

For the first time since 2011, the Sky Blues will start pre-season without a major sponsor. Sydney will not renew their longstanding deal with Webjet, whose aeroplane logo has featured on the front of their shirts since 2012, seeking a bigger deal now the A-League will be televised by a major free-to-air network for the first time in its history.

Thus far, the club has been unable to secure a new major partner despite their incredible campaign last season in which they lost just one game, won the premiership and championship and set a plethora of records on the way. However, it's understood there are several interested parties that could come on board before their first A-League game in October. The jersey included a new back of shirt sponsor.

14 minutes ago, ennykays said:

Our major sponsor may be JD??

In the recent video uploads with Fitzy, Riera and Llorente. The only sponsor on the back drop was JD. 

It's an E-League backdrop/tv monitor, hence the JD sports being the main logo. Probably also ties into it being a "FIFA Ratings Challenge" since that's what the E-League is about.