Johnno

RD 4 - Mudgee (vs Brisbane) - Sat 10th Nov

RD 4 - Mudgee (vs Brisbane) - Sat 10th Nov

Glen Willow Sporting Field

from https://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/news/wanderers-take-community-round-match-mudgee-part-new-regional-strategy

The Western Sydney Wanderers are today proud to launch their new Regional Strategy, coinciding with the announcement of their Community Round match this Hyundai A-League season being played at Glen Willow Regional Sports Stadium in Mudgee. 

The match is part of the Wanderers’ efforts in servicing the regional community in the Central West, engaging with the Local Government areas of Bathurst, Mudgee and Orange. 

The Community Round fixture will mark the first time the Hyundai A-League will be played in Mudgee with over 10,000 registered participants in the wider region getting the chance to have the Wanderers in their backyard. 

The Wanderers Regional Strategy is part of the club’s work with Mid Western Regional Council, Bathurst Regional Council and Orange City Council to ensure that the Wanderers have a lasting footprint in the region. 

Local schools and grassroots clubs will benefit greatly from the strategy, with a number of schools clinics, Schools Cup tournaments, as well as, activations with local associations taking place in the lead-up to the match. 

The Western Sydney Wanderers would like to thank Mid Western Regional Council, Bathurst Regional Council, Orange City Council, McDonalds Mudgee New Licensees Daniel and Belinda Zammit, and the Football Federation of Australia for their support of the Wanderers hosting a match in Regional NSW. 

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

9 minutes ago, FegyverTimot said:

Cue biennial outrage at the community round not being included in membership

Add to that, the smurfs are forced to have a community round. Should I ask why not? I suppose the answer is that they are FFA pets.

16 minutes ago, FegyverTimot said:

Cue biennial outrage at the community round not being included in membership

Maybe avoid facebook then. It's already started.

In any case, ROAD TRIP!!

I’ll be taking her indoors on romantic trip to the wineries of Mudgee that weekend.. Then act surprised that Wanderers happen to be playing and I had accidentally bought tickets for i

2 minutes ago, CaptainJess said:

Looks like a road trip!! Can’t wait :yahoo:

Going to be ace

”we got a great big convoy....”

ahhh forget you’re too young for the film reference 

I usually hate these community rounds but this is cool. Mainly cause it benefits me personally as it’s a holiday location I’ve wanted to go to. Nonetheless it’s cool haha 

Imagine the March... could go from winerie to winerie. I wouldn’t remember a thing from the game 

Posted (edited)

also, its actually a community round that makes sense, they should go to regions where the majority cant just hop on a suburban rail service to get to the normal home ground.

Edited by Johnno

Posted (edited)

Been asking for a community round in either Bathurst or Mudgee since these things started so excellent it is finally happening.

Absolutely in, but just waiting for this to be announced as a 5pm Sunday afternoon kick off  within the school term. No way would they do something as radical as make this a Saturday evening game.

Whatever I will be in. book some accommodation...hopefully a nice weekend.....

Edited by Smoggy

My sister lives in nearby Gulgong. Moved there last year. haven't seen her new home there yet.

IN

Pelican Airlines flys to Mudgee if anyone needs to go down that route. 

25 minutes ago, danielcarr said:

Pelican Airlines flys to Mudgee if anyone needs to go down that route. 

It'll take longer to get to the airport than to drive to Mudgee.

5 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Add to that, the smurfs are forced to have a community round. Should I ask why not? I suppose the answer is that they are FFA pets.

I suspect Sydney FC will be conducting their community round in Manly, as similar to Mudgee, it's also a region where the majority of the community don't travel to Sydney.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Edinburgh said:

It'll take longer to get to the airport than to drive to Mudgee.

Not for me, but anyway the road trip will be half the fun..

Convoy!

Edited by StringerBellend

6 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Not for me, but anyway the road trip will be half the fun..

Convoy!

Me either. Will take 15mins on the train - and then just under an hour flight! Might be the way to go. 

27 minutes ago, ZachMercer said:

I suspect Sydney FC will be conducting their community round in Manly, as similar to Mudgee, it's also a region where the majority of the community don't travel to Sydney.

On another forum, a smurf said to f...off on thus question when I asked why the smurfs have not had a community game in my memory. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The match is on Saturday 10 November.

6 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

On another forum, a smurf said to f...off on thus question when I asked why the smurfs have not had a community game in my memory. Correct me if I'm wrong.

They played Perth at Parramatta before we existed, was that one? 

20 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

No, that was proof that they were a team for all Sydney.

A bit like Captain Cook when he claimed Australia and then ****ed off and never came back. 

25 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Lol - I was there! :lol:

So was Mack!

Who else?

Come on...out with it?

PS An unforgettable experience. If you were there - you'll know why. :xnod:

Just now, wendybr said:

Lol - I was there! :lol:

So was Mack!

Who else?

Come on...out with it?

PS An unforgettable experience. If you were there - you'll know why. :xnod:

Guilty 

Next?

C'mon- fess up!

Not me

Coulda woulda shoulda 

pffftfttttt Perth at Parra Stadium before Wanderers you say..... I was there to see Parra Power take on the Glory a few times at Parra, including a GF......usually no more than 150 of us there......seems like a different world ago.

I am proud to say I wasn't there to see ESFC play though.

44 minutes ago, marron said:

No, that was proof that they were a team for all Sydney.

A bit like Captain Cook when he claimed Australia and then ****ed off and never came back. 

Yeah well, typical Boro lad was Cook, dodgy bastard and hard to fix down.

5 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

pffftfttttt Perth at Parra Stadium before Wanderers you say..... I was there to see Parra Power take on the Glory a few times at Parra, including a GF......usually no more than 150 of us there......seems like a different world ago.

I am proud to say I wasn't there to see ESFC play though.

What if everyone had turned up their noses at SFC for those early years - and the A League flopped...….so  that there never was a WSW to support?

Hmmmmmm?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, wendybr said:

What if everyone had turned up their noses at SFC for those early years - and the A League flopped...….so  that there never was a WSW to support?

Hmmmmmm?

But but but Miss....I have an excuse note honest...well the dog ate it...but anyway.... I wasn't in the country from 2005 when the NSL ended and didn't return  until late 2010.......if I was still here I might have done......but when I came back I knew **** all about the HAL until WSW was brought to life.

Edited by Smoggy