Johnno

RD 4 - Mudgee (vs Brisbane) - Sat 10th Nov

9 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

We are expecting in October, the week before we have a wedding up the coast which we have already booked. A whole host of reasons financially that makes it neigh impossible but hoping that I can make an away trip to Brisbane later in the season.

Congratulations that’s awesome news 

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

In +1.  Accommodation booked for the weekend.

On 15/07/2018 at 5:26 PM, marron said:

Oh congrats dude! 

Thanks Mar & String :)

On 15/07/2018 at 4:27 PM, Wanderboy said:

but if I can't get accommodation, I'm happy to drive up and back on game day. (Google Directions tells me it's a 3hr 20 min drive). I'd rather sutay overnight though, 

Well this is good news & 5pm kickoff means this is very doable!!! :woah: 

Posted (edited)

I am not so confident about the 3hr 20min drive though, been to Mudgee a few times and is usually closer to 4hrs, the road is pretty shite up to Mudgee, worse than the road to Bathurst. Everytime I have been up that road there has been cop speed checking also, usually in around the same spot.....I would allow closer to 4hrs.

Edited by Smoggy

3 hours ago, Smoggy said:

I am not so confident about the 3hr 20min drive though, been to Mudgee a few times and is usually closer to 4hrs, the road is pretty shite up to Mudgee, worse than the road to Bathurst. Everytime I have been up that road there has been cop speed checking also, usually in around the same spot.....I would allow closer to 4hrs.

My sister lives nearby in Gulgong & she says it's a 4 hr drive.

Interesting that theres trouble getting Accommodation but I guess theres always people going up there

Better get on to it.

Mudgee closes by 8:30......... times change then, once at Mudgee out til way after midnight on a Thursday and needed a shopping trolley to get work colleague back to Motel...... these days I may be asleep by 8:30  :woah:

FFA / Clubs would have booked out best accommodation for players, staff & corporates etc prior to releasing date for game

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Taurus said:

FFA / Clubs would have booked out best accommodation for players, staff & corporates etc prior to releasing date for game

Corporates will be flying out of Mudgee straight after the game...as might the players / staff i would think. Unless there is a Peppers resort close by...think the closest one of those is in the Hunter a few hours away.

Will prob put on a few flights for each club i would think?

Edited by Smoggy

I doubt it, be just like them getting a coach to Newy or Canberra for a game.

Players are putting on coaching clinics for kids in Bathurst etc, so they'll be getting a coach up there at the very least. 

By the time they fly back & transfer from Bankstown / Mascot they won't save much time 

Posted (edited)

I travel a fair bit for work with a lot going through Mudgee. So I thought I would post some suggestions for people looking for accommodation and food based on experiences.

Accommodation Experiences:
Perry Street Hotel - Really nice boutique accommodation and not badly priced.
Motel Ningana - Standard country motel rooms but they do have terrace houses opposite that you can call about, some of which can sleep up to 8 People. Street parking but some have 1 parking spot at the rear. Wouldn't be bad for bigger groups or families.
Soldiers Motel - Standard country motel rooms but nice owners. 
The Horatio Suites & Motel - Nice accommodation but a bit further from the action compared to the others which are in the dead centre of town.

Food & Coffee:
Lawson Park Hotel - Good country pub meals with a huge selection on offer. One of the bigger pubs in town and also the closest to the stadium, wouldn't be surprised if this is where a get together is held due to its proximity and the fact it is quite large.
Kellys Irish Pub - Typical Irish pub, about 2 blocks back into town from the Lawson Park Hotel. Only ever had a drink here so don't know about the food.
Mudgee Brewery - Love the food here but is more on the expensive side. Mostly only server their beers on tap with some in the fridge but for the beer tasters out there I would highly recommend this small Micro Brewery.
The Quick Brown Fox - Always stop here for morning coffees when passing by, also do good Bacon & Egg Rolls but not on the cheap side.
Woolpack Hotel - Standard Country pub from memory, about 1 block back into town from the Lawson Park Hotel. Only ever had a drink here so don't know about the food. some will probably go here for the name alone and memories.
The Wineglass - Never been here personally but recommended by my parents.

At this stage, I've got accommodation booked and will most likely be a +2.

I wouldn't be surprised if they bus the players back to Bathurst to stay at the Rydges @ Mount Panorama.

Edited by Whitey

11 minutes ago, Whitey said:

I travel a fair bit for work with a lot going through Mudgee. So I thought I would post some suggestions for people looking for accommodation and food based on experiences.

Accommodation Experiences:
Perry Street Hotel - Really nice boutique accommodation and not badly priced.
Motel Ningana - Standard country motel rooms but they do have terrace houses opposite that you can call about, some of which can sleep up to 8 People. Street parking but some have 1 parking spot at the rear. Wouldn't be bad for bigger groups or families.
Soldiers Motel - Standard country motel rooms but nice owners. 
The Horatio Suites & Motel - Nice accommodation but a bit further from the action compared to the others which are in the dead centre of town.

Food & Coffee:
Lawson Park Hotel - Good country pub meals with a huge selection on offer. One of the bigger pubs in town and also the closest to the stadium, wouldn't be surprised if this is where a get together is held due to its proximity and the fact it is quite large.
Kellys Irish Pub - Typical Irish pub, about 2 blocks back into town from the Lawson Park Hotel. Only ever had a drink here so don't know about the food.
Mudgee Brewery - Love the food here but is more on the expensive side. Mostly only server their beers on tap with some in the fridge but for the beer tasters out there I would highly recommend this small Micro Brewery.
The Quick Brown Fox - Always stop here for morning coffees when passing by, also do good Bacon & Egg Rolls but not on the cheap side.
Woolpack Hotel - Standard Country pub from memory, about 1 block back into town from the Lawson Park Hotel. Only ever had a drink here so don't know about the food. some will probably go here for the name alone and memories.
The Wineglass - Never been here personally but recommended by my parents.

At this stage, I've got accommodation booked and will most likely be a +2.

I wouldn't be surprised if they bus the players back to Bathurst to stay at the Rydges @ Mount Panorama.

Another shout out for the Mudgee Brewery, some very good beers out of that place. 

How long a drive would it be between Mudgee and Bathurst? Anyone?

:) :)

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, wendybr said:

How long a drive would it be between Mudgee and Bathurst? Anyone?

:) :)

it's 130km's........1hr 40ish

1 h 37 min (129.6 km) via Castlereagh Hwy/B55 and Sofala Rd

Edited by sonar

On 11/07/2018 at 10:49 PM, luisenrique said:

In.

How you getting there?

1 hour ago, sonar said:

it's 130km's........1hr 40ish

1 h 37 min (129.6 km) via Castlereagh Hwy/B55 and Sofala Rd

Sydney - Bathurst - Mudgee / vice versa is a bit of a dog leg though....fair bit of doubling back, it is a fair ride from Lithgow to Bathurst and the turn off for the Mudgee road is close to Lithgow. Ok if you have the time though.

8 hours ago, luisenrique said:

e8a.gif

This is the only reference to Jurassic Park accepted in the mighty Honda:

Also, how long is this scene? Lucky Walk of Life kicked in to save us

#Spielbergdross

Re Bathurst to Mudgee . There is a back way through or near Sofala but I think the road is pretty bad, that was a while ago but I can't see too much improvement happening

I booked accomodation the Friday after it was announced and there was plenty of stuff available

On 20/07/2018 at 2:26 PM, Swanderer said:

Re Bathurst to Mudgee . There is a back way through or near Sofala but I think the road is pretty bad, that was a while ago but I can't see too much improvement happening

Have done that road a bit as sometimes stay out Sofala way. The road is a typical twisty one, a bit more than a back road but still not great. Not a road to drive on after dark if can be helped or in a rush. 

Booked accomodation within 10 minutes of the fixture being released for myself and a couple of others in the Powerchair Team. Staying at the Wanderlight Motor Inn Friday and Saturday night. #PowerchairTourOfDuty

Tickets secured! Judging by the numbers I think I was the first purchaser haha 

tickets booked * 4.  accommodation booked when the announcement came out.

In, grandstand tiks secured

In the grandstand.... and then I looked at the row I have feeling the coaches seats are gonna be in the way

In active end behind the goals :)

Missus booked accomo last night on AirBNB with 48hour free cancellation in case tickets were difficult to get.

Couldn't get grandstand - 4 x GA