RD 4 - Mudgee (vs Brisbane) - Sat 10th Nov

Johnno

3 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

Actually, no there isn't.

Nothing in that article says there is plenty of accommodation available next weekend. And I know for a fact that there isn't. Unless you want to stay in Bathurst or Broken Hill for the night, or drive back to Sydney and sleep in your own bed. There's plenty of accommodation available in those places.

And I thought you were a Bright Spark. 

[No good deed goes unpunished]

Well thanks very much for the information, Wanderboy, but I've already booked our accommodation in Dubbo. And I know for a fact Dubbo has plenty of accommodation and is closer to Mudgee than any of your 3 suggestions. It's still a bit of a drive after the game, but I'm taking the family to the Western plains Zoo on Sunday morning, so it works for us.

Regarding the Club's email, the headline was literally "Still plenty of accomodation left in Mudgee!" I don't know how you missed it. It was even on the URL I posted.

If you have a problem with the Club's email to every member, then you should definitely let them know. Complaining to me about it won't help them 'correct' the record.
(Although I think the articles suggestion to contact Mudgee Regional Tourism, is Brighter than your idea of relying on booking.com - which does NOT list every room a hotel has).

And if contacting the Club directly is too hard for you, maybe you can ask a Wander Man to help you out.

And then you can stop annoying the rest of us.

33 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I am just glad so many are trying to get up there that discussions like the one above are necessary :D 

Unfortunately I'm out. :sad:

I really hope the team turns up and it becomes an away trip to remember for everyone who is going.....Sing loud and proud.....COYW !

At the risk of being told I'm none too Bright again, here's some more info for anyone driving up to Mudgee. The Car Park next to the Stadium will be closed for the game. So you won't be able to drive straight to the game. A Shuttle bus will be running around Mudgee to take people to the game. Or the walk is a little over a KM from the 'Mudgee CBD'.

(Disclaimer: I am not the author of the info, I'm just the messager.)

Screenshot_20181104-192237~2.png

Out, so reluctantly selling 2 Grandstand seats I purchased in August. 

Western Sydney Wanderers v Brisbane Roar
Glen Willow Regional Sports Stadium, Mudgee, NSW
Sat 10 Nov 2018, 17:35

Order for: Mr Taurus
Seat location: section AISLEC, row C, seats 13-12
Total Charge: AU $80.45
19 hours ago, BrightSpark said:

At the risk of being told I'm none too Bright again, here's some more info for anyone driving up to Mudgee. The Car Park next to the Stadium will be closed for the game. So you won't be able to drive straight to the game. A Shuttle bus will be running around Mudgee to take people to the game. Or the walk is a little over a KM from the 'Mudgee CBD'.

(Disclaimer: I am not the author of the info, I'm just the messager.)

Screenshot_20181104-192237~2.png

Thanks goodness for that map...thought i would get lost in such a massive city....

I remember going away to Walsall in the late 80's. My old man strode off in the direction of what he thought were floodlight pylons..'always head for the floodlight pylons' he said...cant go wrong..

45mins later...trying to get across a motorway and srambling up and down muddy banks we arrived at.........

A big **** off railway yard with many floodlight pylons, which was quite an achievement as the station we got off at was visible down the line.....daft bugger..

.before google maps eh....

Edited by Smoggy
39 minutes ago, Cynth said:

Gales huh?

:P

I consulted my trusty seaweed and it let me down, turns out seaweed can't predict the weather 2 weeks in advance for a small regional area of NSW...

Go figure....

I'll just stick to the weed in future...

Edited by Smoggy
27 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I consulted my trusty seaweed and it let me down, turns out seaweed can't predict the weather 2 weeks in advance for a small regional area of NSW...

Go figure....

I'll just stick to the weed in future...

:D

There’s these things called weather apps....

Edited by Cynth
2 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

Anyway, I know it's 5 days away, but for those that are going, the weather forecast looks grouse.

Mudgee. Saturday 10th November.

Mostly sunny.

Min 8.   Max 25.

Chance of rain - 5%.

2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Cynth will be happy...

2 hours ago, Cynth said:

Gales huh?

:P

That minus 5% chance of rain will create havoc. All tents will be sucked up into the stratosphere. 

Coupla things

First off, driving up on Friday evening, heading back Sunday so ready to revisit Mudgee for the right reason for a change.

Anyone who hasn't driven out that way before just be wary of the trucks and road conditions around Wallerawang. Should be okay but have seen it a bit dodgy around dusk. Obviously also keep an eye out for roos etc.

Re heading to wineries for a taste and a feed; I'm thinking of heading out on Saturday morning to Robert Steins. They do a very nice Rum Cask Port. Not sure about grabbing a feed there...possibly better off doing a late lunch/early dinner at the  Lawson Hotel...

https://www.lawsonparkhotel.com.au/menus

I'm sure folk have already seen that there is a Remembrance Day service on the Sunday. Perhaps before heading out of town a feed of bacon & eggs followed up by this might be an option.

Looking forward to seeing comrades there...and maybe even grab a beer at Cullen Bullen or Sofala as a traveller...

8 hours ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Coupla things

First off, driving up on Friday evening, heading back Sunday so ready to revisit Mudgee for the right reason for a change.

Anyone who hasn't driven out that way before just be wary of the trucks and road conditions around Wallerawang. Should be okay but have seen it a bit dodgy around dusk. Obviously also keep an eye out for roos etc.

Re heading to wineries for a taste and a feed; I'm thinking of heading out on Saturday morning to Robert Steins. They do a very nice Rum Cask Port. Not sure about grabbing a feed there...possibly better off doing a late lunch/early dinner at the  Lawson Hotel...

https://www.lawsonparkhotel.com.au/menus

I'm sure folk have already seen that there is a Remembrance Day service on the Sunday. Perhaps before heading out of town a feed of bacon & eggs followed up by this might be an option.

Looking forward to seeing comrades there...and maybe even grab a beer at Cullen Bullen or Sofala as a traveller...

Sounds good...we are heading up Friday morning and might drive around via Rylstone and up that way before landing in Mudgee...

My wife has her itinerary to work through before i get to the football part :rolleyes:

Heading up Friday morning too and will visiting a winery or two in the afternoon. Friday evening will be at the Court House Hotel for dinner and beers.

I have been trying to organise a benefit for the Mudgee Farmers (200Bales) who are continuing to do it real tough at the moment. I’m hoping we can help them out a bit whilst we are there.

Sunday we’ll be at the Rememberance Day Service before heading back.

Really looking forward to this weekend!

Really looking forward to this one. I've never been to Mudgee.

My wife is heading up in the morning with the boys and her mum. I can't get out of work, and the girls have end of year exams, so we'll be following in the arvo sometime.

Dubbo zoo is the plan for Saturday before the game. It will still be a hike from Mudgee, but not really that much different to heading into the city from where we live. Kids are quite excited.

Sunday is a bit open, but will no doubt involve a winery, some food, Remembrance Day, and a drive home.

7 hours ago, SomeGuy1977 said:

Really looking forward to this one. I've never been to Mudgee.

My wife is heading up in the morning with the boys and her mum. I can't get out of work, and the girls have end of year exams, so we'll be following in the arvo sometime.

Dubbo zoo is the plan for Saturday before the game. It will still be a hike from Mudgee, but not really that much different to heading into the city from where we live. Kids are quite excited.

Sunday is a bit open, but will no doubt involve a winery, some food, Remembrance Day, and a drive home.

The run between Mudgee and Dubbo is not too bad. Sealed road, very little traffic, only a couple of villages to drop the speed through, and if you want a drink the Ballimore pub might be worth a drop in

11 hours ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

The run between Mudgee and Dubbo is not too bad. Sealed road, very little traffic, only a couple of villages to drop the speed through, and if you want a drink the Ballimore pub might be worth a drop in

If I want a drink? Surely you jest. :drinks:

But alas, I'll be driving. For me, it's one or the other. It keeps me out of trouble.