RD 2 - Smurfs - Sat 27 Oct 2018

mack

33 minutes ago, beatsurrender said:

I don't get this desire to see the Smurfs suffer financially. Really? I'm going to the derby and I want to enjoy a rollicking good atmosphere. The sport in this country is hardly in rude health. I enjoy the rivalry anyway and I won't get any pleasure about seeing empty seats as an 'Up yours' to the Smurfs. 

When ManU play Liverpool I'm sure ManUre fans don't say, "I'm not going as I don't want to line the scousers pockets"

It's good for our sport in this country that it has a strong and healthy rivalry so turn up and support your team (if you possibly can).

Suffer financially?  So called FC followers (as per article) can't be bothered to take out memberships or turn up but the club looks to be financial. I think they do ok without any extras.

But hey, all valid points above. Enjoy the match.

3 hours ago, Erebus said:

so why is the league and WSW insistent in using Risdon as our poster boy? Not from the area, shows no passion. Is it just because he is a Socceroo?

Surely Vedran would have been more suitable?

Current Socceroo, he's a fairly photogenic guy and he doesn't speak with a foreign accent to scare off channel 7 and 9 reporters and viewers.

12 minutes ago, Davo said:

Current Socceroo, he's a fairly photogenic guy and he doesn't speak with a foreign accent to scare off channel 7 and 9 reporters and viewers.

Hamill and Brosque would have been better...either one of them capable of saying something provocative.....which is what they wanted?

Western Sydney Wanderers FC: 1.Danijel NIZIC (gk), 4.Josh RISDON, 5.Brendan HAMILL, 7.Nick FITZGERALD, 8.Jordan O’DOHERTY, 9.Oriol RIERA, 10.Alexander BAUMJOHANN, 11.Bruce KAMAU, 12.Ruon TONGYIK, 16.Jaushua SOTIRIO, 17.Keanu BACCUS, 20.Vedran JANJETOVIC (gk), 21.Tarek ELRICH, 22.Rashid MAHAZI, 24.Raul LLORENTE, 28.Roly BONEVACIA, 34.Patrick ZIEGLER, 49. Abraham MAJOK

Ins: 34.Patrick ZIEGLER (returns from injury), 49.Abraham MAJOK (promoted)

Outs: None

Unavailable: 6.Kosta GROZOS (international duty), 13.Tass MOURDOUKOUTAS (international duty), 18.Marc TOKICH (international duty), 19.Mark BRIDGE (injury – five weeks), 32.John ROBERTS (international duty), 33.Tate RUSSELL (international duty), 40.Nicholas Suman (not selected)

On 23/10/2018 at 9:50 PM, Taurus said:

???

30710448_1747559881975150_39590152224149

Our money is on Tony Greig to head out before the match on Saturday night to do the key test into the pitch.

Bonnyrigg White Eagles throw up a better football pitch than the SCG.

Image may contain: stadium

The picture is back to front as this is taken from the new stand that replaced the Bradman Stand. Kind of looks like we might be closer on our side. 

Edited by Midyandy
Spelling
3 hours ago, HillsWanderer said:

Western Sydney Wanderers FC: 1.Danijel NIZIC (gk), 4.Josh RISDON, 5.Brendan HAMILL, 7.Nick FITZGERALD, 8.Jordan O’DOHERTY, 9.Oriol RIERA, 10.Alexander BAUMJOHANN, 11.Bruce KAMAU, 12.Ruon TONGYIK, 16.Jaushua SOTIRIO, 17.Keanu BACCUS, 20.Vedran JANJETOVIC (gk), 21.Tarek ELRICH, 22.Rashid MAHAZI, 24.Raul LLORENTE, 28.Roly BONEVACIA, 34.Patrick ZIEGLER, 49. Abraham MAJOK

Ins: 34.Patrick ZIEGLER (returns from injury), 49.Abraham MAJOK (promoted)

Outs: None

Unavailable: 6.Kosta GROZOS (international duty), 13.Tass MOURDOUKOUTAS (international duty), 18.Marc TOKICH (international duty), 19.Mark BRIDGE (injury – five weeks), 32.John ROBERTS (international duty), 33.Tate RUSSELL (international duty), 40.Nicholas Suman (not selected)

Ziegler back is a massive plus!

We really missed him 

Interesting to see if he comes in as CB alongside Hammil, or given Tongyik did ok, maybe he comes in for Mahazi and plays DM

if it was me I’d play him as CB

On 24/10/2018 at 5:41 PM, FCWanderers said:

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/a-history-football-sydney-cricket-ground

Nice article about the history of football matches being played on the SCG.

"would-be Sydney FC coach Terry Butcher"

Teachers!

Pretty sure that "would-be" means intending to, or desiring to, or "looks like he's signed, just waiting for the paperwork", not "there's a club that won't exist for another 25 years, one day if it ever pops into existence and is full of wankers he might coach there".

Can the English academics amongst us confirm?

8 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

"would-be Sydney FC coach Terry Butcher"

Teachers!

Pretty sure that "would-be" means intending to, or desiring to, or "looks like he's signed, just waiting for the paperwork", not "there's a club that won't exist for another 25 years, one day if it ever pops into existence and is full of wankers he might coach there".

Can the English academics amongst us confirm?

Not necessarily. In this case it's a shortened "would become", which is true, he would become one day a smurf coach.

Another thing... I dont think there's a player's tunnel at the SCG so the players will be coming out through the terraces.

Our players would be coming out from aisles 18 and 26 and the Smurfs would be coming out from the member's pavilion since they are the 'home' team.

scg.png

13 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

He's worried.

They're all worried.

Making up jibes about us losing interest in the team and walking away is just reverse psychology.

They stand to lose hundreds of thousands of dollars if the derby turnout is poor, and they're shitting themselves over it.

.... and we will oblige en-mass (by not attending and filling their pockets.

Even if we're doing ****, our home derbies will get more people (by capacity ratio) than they will

f*## off esfc !!!