Sign in to follow this  
mack

Australian National Teams Thread 4 + Asian Cup 2019

3 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

Can't believe people would want Australia to get beaten just because of their dislike of the current national team manager.

I don't want the Socceroos to lose but I am pointing out a fact.

We should be beating Palestine absolutely no circumstances should we be drawing let alone losing to them. I saw the game against Syria and unlike Jordan they don't really have the quality to play quick on transition. However they do have a great defender in number 15 he really impressed me.

But if we don't get a result I will squarely blame Arnold because he has not impressed me in how we are playing since he took over. Were very predictable and run out of ideas and then its long ball time. If you going to play long balls a Giannou or Juric are preferable over Macca because its not his game.

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

45 minutes ago, mack said:

If we win we win. If we lose we get to heap **** on Arnie, and the mainstream media take another credibility hit.

I'm looking forward to the mental gymnastics from his cheer squad in the media explaining away another bad result - the skill needed for this will outshine anything on the pitch.

couldn't believe it when I saw the 'Arzani and Boyle were such huge losses' article today. fmd one guy hardly plays for celtic and the other guy plays for a mid table SPL club - not exactly kewell and viduka we are talking about here.

Not to mention they've had barely 1 game between them for the national side.  

But it will be point 1 in the defense.

Feel less engaged with this current mob and especially their dickhead manager since the heady days of Jimmy Shoulder.

Don't get me wrong, I want to see us win. However so much surrounding the Socceroos nowadays is beholden to back room twats, PR types & coaching staff that have talked far bigger than their results should permit. Throw in a media pack that have the attention span of a dyslexic blue arsed blowfly, with the same ability to differentiate partisan fantasy from lies as the Trumpster has, well...Meh.

Time for the players to put up, and the non-playing parties to shut up.

Edited by ManfredSchaefer

Three changes to the starting lineup. Grant in for Risdon, Irvine for Luongo and Ikon for Kruse.

Ikomomidis should of started the first game and is a far better option than Kruse.

Mullet Man....meh...I think Risdon is injured. ..thanks for that Arnie.......

Luongo didn't have a good game against Jordan. 

Haha 1-0 that is a massive fluke of a header. 99/100 that goes nowhere near the goal or ends up straight at the keeper.

11 minutes ago, mack said:

And McLaren stuffs up a tap-in.

Makes up for it with a good header....Great ball from Rogic....

Keep the updates coming. :good:

No Foxtel where I am atm. :(

4 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Keep the updates coming. :good:

No Foxtel where I am atm. :(

I don't have Fox so the stream I'm watching is in Arabic.....lol

Should have been 3-0 there. Mabil skies one from point blank range

Half time. 2-0 to the Roos (for Wendy et al😀)

Feel for Jackson Irvine....every time he jumps to contest the aerial ball the ref pings him and says he's using his arms! Perhaps Arnie should have gaff-taped his arms to his sides at half time😂

Palestine holding on with plenty of opportunities for the Roos. Still 2-0

15 to go plus stoppages. Still 2-0. Rogic just subbed off for luongo

McClaren off for Giannou. 

Anyone else think Grant cuts his own hair? Surely he doesn't pay for that? Maybe Arnie does it for him......

BTW Sainsbury another yellow so misses next game..

Final sub. Kruse on for Mabil. 2 min plus stoppages

FT 3-0

Meh

Ryan was never troubled, Ikonimides, Mabil, Irvine & Behich pretty good...Grant was scheisse, McLaren lucky, rest average.

1 hour ago, Potkorok said:

Lovely ball from Ikonomides for Mabil for the second.

Still can't believe the wanderers didn't try harder to keep him.

Still too much negative football. Too much backwards and not enough forwards. Will struggle against the better teams if they are not more ruthless.

Edited by HillsPanther

Enough to win I don't mind and never really threatened. Syria will be the real test they still have that striker that nearly knocked us out from the world cup playing. Happy Macca first goal he needed this type of opposition to get the monkey off his back.

13 hours ago, Potkorok said:

Feel for Jackson Irvine....every time he jumps to contest the aerial ball the ref pings him and says he's using his arms! Perhaps Arnie should have gaff-taped his arms to his sides at half time😂

The ref had it in for him it seems.....a few times watching replays I was thinking wtf, there's nothing wrong with that......maybe he's hoping for a gig in the A League.

The ref was pinging him for smashing his opponent in the back of the neck with his forearm. The last time I think he got a foul though he hadn't done anything wrong, it was at a corner though so maybe it was someone else doing a different foul.

21 minutes ago, mack said:

The ref was pinging him for smashing his opponent in the back of the neck with his forearm. The last time I think he got a foul though he hadn't done anything wrong, it was at a corner though so maybe it was someone else doing a different foul.

It reminded me of the WC game in 2006 against Brazil when Viduka gave away about 18 fouls but was never carded. The ref was shocker in that game.