Australian National Teams Thread 4 + Asian Cup 2019

4 hours ago, Flytox said:

We held on but we were totally outplayed for all but the first 10 minutes or so of the game.

Good Korea won 3-1 so we qualify for the knockout rounds in 2nd place in our group.

Most likely play Saudi Arabia.

17 hours ago, Flytox said:

We held on but we were totally outplayed for all but the first 10 minutes or so of the game.

Good Korea won 3-1 so we qualify for the knockout rounds in 2nd place in our group.

Full replay......

7 hours ago, Taurus said:

So I wake up and find they lost 1-3.

Did the boys lose to a better opponent or crappy selections/tactics by Milicic?

I note that this is the second time Milicic has failed when it mattered. First, it was the Olyroos now it's the Young Socceroos.

I suppose he didn't have Grozos or Tokich.

4 hours ago, Paul01 said:

So I wake up and find they lost 1-3.

Did the boys lose to a better opponent or crappy selections/tactics by Milicic?

I note that this is the second time Milicic has failed when it mattered. First, it was the Olyroos now it's the Young Socceroos.

I suppose he didn't have Grozos or Tokich.

If you get an opportunity have a look at the third Saudi goal....our defence........pathetic.

2 hours ago, sonar said:

If you get an opportunity have a look at the third Saudi goal....our defence........pathetic.

Shambles. 

Playing f***ing Ange Ball.

Some people are saying Delianov is the best u19 goalkeeper in the country. Utter BS.

And it was Pasquali who got turned over.

Edited by Paul01
Added info

Boss Alert.

Might be able to trust him on this one.

Matilda's could play in front of 14-16 thousand (full house at Penrith).

Socceroos apparently have sold about 14000 tickets and sales looking bleak For the game against Lebanon with the farewell to Cahill.

Sitting in a cafe waiting for wife's car to have a service and have the Terrorgraph. On a small section of the 2 page spread on football 8 pages in from the back page, I just noticed the desperation from FFA for for the Vi$ion farewell match against Lebanon. $30 tickets in a cross-promotion. How does that compare to normal WC qualifiers tickets?

Just now, wendybr said:

Your thoughts on that, Paul???

Arnie showing his ruthless streak.

Milicic has failed tactically at 2 tournaments and taking the blame for both the failure of the u23s and u19s.

A head coach he does not appear to be.

Kenny Lowe has wanted out from Perth Glory since that sacked him.

Just now, wendybr said:

You think Kenny has what it takes??

Kenny does well with youth but has not been announced as Young Socceroos coach. 

I listened to all the NYL coached who were interviewed by FNR. 

Smurfs have a new NYL coach with Rob Stanton not in that job anymore. I expect him to be appointed to the Young Socceroos job.

There will be Smurf dynasty in the FFA coaching ranks

Arnold Roos and Olyroos

Stanton ? U20s

Stajcic Matilda's 

Trevor Morgan, former WSW coach, survives because the Joeys qualified for their World Cup.

Hoping for a stern test for the Roos and Arnie tonight. We need to see where we are at against one of our biggest rivals for the Asian Cup. This game will be much more telling than the Lebanon game in Sydney.

Will be curious how Arnie deploys Mooy and Rogic, as it can be a puzzle at times to fit our two most creative players into the same team. Also hoping Luongo can finally cement his spot after the retirement of Jedi. Or will Irvine usurp him? I'd be as happy for Irvine to make a position in midfield his own. Lots of questions.

The Scot Boyle is apparently all speed and not much else, a Scot-Aussie Sotirio perhaps? I haven't watched him play, so that may be a bit harsh, but the reports are he isn't going to be a world beater. Hopefully he can step up and perform a functional role.

• mack locked this topic