Australian National Teams Thread 4 + Asian Cup 2019

36 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

According to Smurf Twitter, mullet boy is starting. 

Better for Rizzo against the jets.

Are we taking bets on how long it will take mullet man to get a yellow.? 

I'm in for 30 min or less.

11 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

10 -15 min

Anyone up for a red 55 to 70 minutes 

Nah it's a friendly, they won't give him a red. He'll deserve one though.

I have to say, apart from mullet boy, I kinda like Arnold's selections. Amini, Jeggo, Goodwin, Mabill, this Scottish bloke.  Looks like he is determined to cultivate the young guys and a new attacking spirit. Ange crapped on about attacking because he had 3 at the back, Arnie's teams will seem more defensive (and they will be, thank god) but they'll cause some trouble by playing with a bit of verve.

I still think he's a dick, but I think this team will represent "Australian football" in their style much more than Ange's did, because Ange was all talk and philosophy and bs. Arnie's just mainly talk :lol:

8 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

I really do.

Maybe if he got rid of the mullet, his propensity to hack everyone and not get called, and his ugly disbelieving smurf face when he finally gets a card, I could forgive the h in his first name. But not all four.

:rofl: Just to have you soften your hard line approach, I hope he has a blinder - as long as it's tonight for the NT! 

On 17/11/2018 at 9:54 PM, mack said:

Absolute fluke draw. Kicked it at the keeper all night and the last shot gets spilled by the keeper.

Yep, Arnie celebrating the draw like we had just won the Asian cup was a disgrace. A real subpar performance, you hope it’s not a sign of things to come with the Asian cup coming up very soon.

On 17/11/2018 at 10:03 PM, StringerBellend said:

Risdon got the word Mentality in 

I have a feeling mr “EXPECT TO WIN DONE DONE DONE” had a chat to him

On 18/11/2018 at 10:41 AM, btron3000 said:

Nah, Sainsbury is 1000% better than Degenek, he needs game time. Result wasn't as important as getting prepped for AC.

Don’t forget he is no mug. Played a key role in Red Star’s massive win in the CL over Liverpool.

I really liked that Cahill got the farewell he deserved, but a shame the Mike turned down the opportunity to have a similar farewell match.

My young one lost it from the kickoff to the final whistle. Apparently we were decent, Boyle seemed to be the goods & have our B team a bit of a run out. In Brisbane it seems that Arnie wants to play a high pressing high intensity game but concerned how that will work in heat in January for the Asian cup.

I think it suits the players well who really don’t want to sit back & wanting to take the game to the opposition. Arnie is smart enough to know when he needs to change up his game plan, unlike Ange which only knows one speed.

Also Risdon :shok: Who was the player wearing his shirt & number on Saturday night. Not the one we have seen in a Wanderers jersey.

Also VAR: In the new protocol, they have a very high threshold for what is considered clear & obvious. This is why they didn’t overturn the foul on the keeper, it was a judgement call. Can’t have it both ways, complain that VAR intervenes too much & then say they need to pick up more.

I think for striker and goals we are still in deep trouble. We were still unable to capitalise on some clear chances we did receive (one on one from Juric). Juric was better than Macca and the team plays better with Juric but goals still an issue. Talk of Leckie and Rogic as striker will not solve the problem as you lose more than you gain moving those players to striker. 

Kruse Should be really worried about losing his position to Boyle and Mabil who were great the last two friendlies, as they were great in the defensive AND attacking duties.

4 hours ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Some footage from last night, taken in the company of Edinburgh & 30,000+ others (including Wallaby shirt wearing sokkah tourists)

Have to hand it to the Lebanese support...put in an excellent shift.

I've said before in other threads that I can't sing. The voice you hear on this "singing" the national anthem is me - not as bad as I would have expected but still lousy, no wonder Manny cut that bit short!

And btw, we need to introduce a new law that when other countries national anthem is played at matches in Aus it doesn't go any longer than ours!  Short and sweet that's the Aussie way!  No stuff it, the new law should apply worldwide! Some of the dirges belonging to other countries shouldn't be played at all!

52 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

I've said before in other threads that I can't sing. The voice you hear on this "singing" the national anthem is me - not as bad as I would have expected but still lousy, no wonder Manny cut that bit short!

And btw, we need to introduce a new law that when other countries national anthem is played at matches in Aus it doesn't go any longer than ours!  Short and sweet that's the Aussie way!  No stuff it, the new law should apply worldwide! Some of the dirges belonging to other countries shouldn't be played at all!

Plus Manny cleverly bought our tickets so we were sat in or next to the away support, as you can see from the start of the video!  But not to worry, we changed seats twice without causing the end of the world (or the Trump administration)! 

Fancy that, changing seats without causing a problem for anyone!  I wonder if that could work in the  A-league? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • mack locked this topic