Sign in to follow this  
Prydzopolis

2018/19 Champions & Europa League

What better way to start a new thread (sorry saw Tranq already posted) but huge news

Want to UCL reliably? Time to get Optus sport on a box (not just the app)

Huge! UCL preliminary rounds already underway too!

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

Reliably though?

12 hours ago, Davo said:

Reliably though?

If you want to watch via the app or computer then perhaps? Seems like the fetch boxes are almost reliable at this stage.

few good games over the last 2 days, Real in control with life after no Ronaldo, Bale stepping up and modric and isco pulling strings.

Ronaldo red card but juve still won 2-0. Couldn't see much in ronaldos touch of the head to the valencia player but with the crap stream i have with optus i find it hard to see the ball on the screen,

Livo also had a great game with PSG superstar neymar coping a bit from fans for not back tracking. Man city off to a losing start!

Sergio Ramos is copping in on social media.

He's so sure Real are going through to the quarters he deliberately gets a yellow card in the first leg so he can clear his yellows and be available for the next round. He then admits it in an interview and gets an extra match ban. Then he sits in the stand and watches Real's defense fall apart and get knocked out of the tournament.

Now he is suspended for the first group stage match of the next Champions League.

The tears are delicious.

11 hours ago, Davo said:

Sergio Ramos is copping in on social media.

He's so sure Real are going through to the quarters he deliberately gets a yellow card in the first leg so he can clear his yellows and be available for the next round. He then admits it in an interview and gets an extra match ban. Then he sits in the stand and watches Real's defense fall apart and get knocked out of the tournament.

Now he is suspended for the first group stage match of the next Champions League.

all the while he is in the stands filming his documentary 

I'm by no means a ManU fan but that was a miraculous effort !!

Yes, incredible effort this morning. To be honest I didn’t think that it was going to happen. PSG spurned so many half chances & as the minutes were counting down it looked less & less likely and then VAR strikes. Don’t know what people are complaining about, clear handball & that is why VAR has been introduced.

Youve just got to laugh at PSG, I don’t know why they are more hated than man city but something oddly satisfying about them going out in that fashion.

The only one I felt sorry, Gigi :unsure:

7 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

Yes, incredible effort this morning. To be honest I didn’t think that it was going to happen. PSG spurned so many half chances & as the minutes were counting down it looked less & less likely and then VAR strikes. Don’t know what people are complaining about, clear handball & that is why VAR has been introduced.

Youve just got to laugh at PSG, I don’t know why they are more hated than man city but something oddly satisfying about them going out in that fashion.

Qatar and Neymar...

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

It was a soft penna, he PSG fella had turned his back and didn't know much about it...but thats what happens if you turn your back and have your arm out a bit. Man U have re-found their old late Fergie time vibe...

They could go on to win it...

Edited by Smoggy

It’s going to be an interesting one this year. Real Madrid out, PSG out, Dortmund out, looks like Juve could be going (and if they don’t it means Athletico Madrid are out), one of Liverpool or Bayern are going out, Barca should go through but they didn’t get a lead or an away goal in the first leg, City have a lead and three away goals but were pretty bad in the first leg and Otamendi is suspended.

I don’t see United winning it this year but I wouldn’t at all be surprised if any of the remaining teams win it.

4 English teams in the quarters. When has that happened before?

33 minutes ago, Burztur said:

4 English teams in the quarters. When has that happened before?

I was curious so I looked it up. In the last 10 years there have only been two occasions where four of the quarter finalists are from the same country.

08-09 and 09-10 both had four English clubs in the quarters, and both times three got through to the semis, with 08-09 being an all English final (and this is my counter argument to people who claim last years City side was the best in Premier League history, 08-09 United won the Champions League and was in the middle of winning three league titles in a row at a time when English clubs were dominating in Europe, but I digress...)

Spain has had three teams in the quarters a bunch of times and England have done it a couple of times.

Of course this is all working on the assumption that Liverpool get last Bayern and City get past Schalke, neither is guaranteed.

4 hours ago, Davo said:

I was curious so I looked it up. In the last 10 years there have only been two occasions where four of the quarter finalists are from the same country.

08-09 and 09-10 both had four English clubs in the quarters, and both times three got through to the semis, with 08-09 being an all English final (and this is my counter argument to people who claim last years City side was the best in Premier League history, 08-09 United won the Champions League and was in the middle of winning three league titles in a row at a time when English clubs were dominating in Europe, but I digress...)

Spain has had three teams in the quarters a bunch of times and England have done it a couple of times.

Of course this is all working on the assumption that Liverpool get last Bayern and City get past Schalke, neither is guaranteed.

Yes, Liverpool and City are by no means guarantees. As solid as PSG getting to the next round imo :)

I wonder what odds you would have got for a multi of Ajax, United and Juventus to progress after they all lost in the first leg?

Quarter-finals
09/04/2019 20:00 Liverpool FC Liverpool FC - FC Porto FC Porto -:- 2.png  
09/04/2019 20:00 Tottenham Hotspur Tottenham Hotspur - Manchester City Manchester City -:- 2.png  
10/04/2019 20:00 AFC Ajax AFC Ajax - Juventus Juventus -:- 2.png  
10/04/2019 20:00 Manchester United Manchester United - FC Barcelona FC Barcelona -:- 2.png  
16/04/2019 20:00 Juventus Juventus - AFC Ajax AFC Ajax -:- 2.png  
16/04/2019 20:00 FC Barcelona FC Barcelona - Manchester United Manchester United -:- 2.png  
17/04/2019 20:00 FC Porto FC Porto - Liverpool FC Liverpool FC -:- 2.png  
17/04/2019 20:00 Manchester City Manchester City - Tottenham Hotspur Tottenham Hotspur -:- 2.png  
Interesting line ups