FFA Cup R16 vs Bonnyrigg - Wed Aud 29 @ Marconi Stadium

mack

22 minutes ago, wswtragic said:

Not easy walking distance like BWE ground, but 5 minutes drive. I'm good :)

Same. Balkanite and I are a two minute walk from BWE. Would have been perfect - pre-match feast of cevapi and rakija at the House of Balkanite, walk it all off on the way there and then home before 9:30pm.  

I know I shouldn't be complaining, but Marconi seems like a state away compared to BWE :P 

I was there for their big Italian Republic Day back in May and parking was a bitch with such a big crowd. Might uber it there...

8 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

What's the capacity of Marconi Stadium these days?

About 9K according to wiki....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marconi_Stadium

....."The current capacity of the ground is reduced heavily. The eastern stand is disused by the club because the ground foundations have washed away, and the terrace . Mount Pritchard[clarification needed] have purchased the stands themselves, they have recently been removed resulting from the stadium capacity decrease from 11500 to now 9000."..........

Edited by sonar
1 hour ago, CaptainJess said:

Same. Balkanite and I are a two minute walk from BWE. Would have been perfect - pre-match feast of cevapi and rakija at the House of Balkanite, walk it all off on the way there and then home before 9:30pm.  

I know I shouldn't be complaining, but Marconi seems like a state away compared to BWE :P 

I was there for their big Italian Republic Day back in May and parking was a bitch with such a big crowd. Might uber it there...

Go early for a feed. Marconi were always the enemy when the boys were playing for a rival club, even though the wife is Italian, but the club isn't a bad spot :)

Like Page

FFA CUP |

This is it. This is your calling. KAMAN AVALA.

Show your colours in the FFA Cup round of 16 and show the Western Sydney Wanderers FC what 50 years of heritage and history look like!

Ćevapi sandwiches will be hot off the BBQ on every corner of Club MarconiStadium.

Don't miss this Western Sydney derby!

Tickets on sale Wednesday.

#MagicOfTheCup #FFACUP #BWEvWSW

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text
1 hour ago, Unlimited said:

I have never had a cevapi roll - should I try and attend this match to achieve some sort of cultural food experience

You could get a pizza from the club. I remember when it wasn’t a Taj Mahal and you had to sit on the hill on the east or the western side and the only concrete was the paths near the fences. And the sheds were on the southern side of the ground. 

3 hours ago, Erebus said:

Amazing that tickets are segregated for away active etc. Its just "seated" and "GA". The way it should be for a game like this.

lolz at their dig about history though.

Yeah I like that too......Also saw a notice from APIA lamenting the fact that their game had been moved from Lambert Park, stating their 'World Class' changing rooms, bar and canteen !!

1 hour ago, MartinTyler said:

Yeah I like that too......Also saw a notice from APIA lamenting the fact that their game had been moved from Lambert Park, stating their 'World Class' changing rooms, bar and canteen !!

More like the FFA trying to appease Muscat after his criticism about playing their FFA Cup game at Dorrien Gardens and allow for a bigger crowd in case Honda plays.

Will Melb Vics start getting the rub of the green from the refs now they are flavour of the month with the FFA?

11 minutes ago, dodson said:

Apparently tickets go on sale today. But does anyone know what time they go on sale and through which site?

I'm not convinced they are available to Wanderers just yet.  The fixture link on the club website doesn't include purchasing tickets [unlike the Mudgee link]

1pm

https://www.moshtix.com.au/v2/event/bonnyrigg-white-eagles-fc-v-western-sydney-wanderers-fc/106273

image: https://cdn.moshtix.com.au/uploads/17eb97207bb14507863cdb903ed7875e.jpg

Bonnyrigg White Eagles FC v Western Sydney Wanderers FC

FFA Cup 2018 - Round of 16

Bonnyrigg White Eagles FC v Western Sydney Wanderers FC Tickets

7:30pm, Wed 29 August, 2018
Club Marconi, NSW

BUY TICKETS

TICKET TYPE SALE DATES TOTAL PRICE* QUANTITY
GATE 1 or 2: Grandstand - Admit  On Sale: 1:00pm, Wed 15 Aug, 2018 $27.86 Closed

GATE 1: General Admission - Adult  On Sale: 1:00pm, Wed 15 Aug, 2018 $22.75 Closed

GATE 1: General Admission - Concession  On Sale: 1:00pm, Wed 15 Aug, 2018 $17.64 Closed

GATE 3:WSW Active Support - Admit  On Sale: 1:00pm, Wed 15 Aug, 2018 $27.86 Closed

THIS IS AN ALL-AGES EVENT

* Total price is in AUD and includes GST and service fees. 
For this event, a Transaction Fee of $2.95 will apply to the total order value of your purchase.

EVENT DETAILS

The FFA Cup rolls into Sydney's west as Marconi Stadium plays host to an all Sydney affair when Bonnyrigg White Eagles play host to A-League club, the Western Sydney Wanderers

Tickets are limited, so get yours today!

Gates Open 6:00pm

Kick-Off: 7:30pm

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Concession - Children aged 16 or under, holders of valid student cards or holders of valid pension cards

Grandstand seating in the grandstand will be on a first in first seated basis, security will be on hand to assist.

Active Support from both sides are subject to the standard FFA terms of admission* and code of conduct*, banners and flags wishing to be displayed are to be approved by FFA prior to the match. Flags should be limited to 1.5m x 1.5m. Please allow additional time for thorough bag checks at point of entry. The away active supporter area will be a self-sufficient cordoned off area equipped with food and beverage options and amenities.

All patrons wishing to attend are urged to pre-purchase their tickets and arrive early as a large crowd is expected.

*Terms of Admission can be found here

Read more at https://www.moshtix.com.au/v2/event/bonnyrigg-white-eagles-fc-v-western-sydney-wanderers-fc/106273#Ir7tb5RbI5KKS2aj.99