Tiovonen

Johnny Warren:

Honda

ACL:

Newcastle Jets - Group stage

Sydney - Group Stage

Victory - Semi Final

TAB PRICES AS OF 4/9/18

Winner         Minor Prem

City                                                                                  5.00                 3.25

Syd                                                                                  5.00                 3.25

Victory                                                                             5.00                 4.00

West Syd                                                                         7.00                 7.50

Jets                                                                                  8.00                 8.00

Perth                                                                                8.00                13.00

Adelaide                                                                          11.00                 26

Bris                                                                                  11.00                 26

Wellington                                                                           34                   67

Coast                                                                                  41                   67

4 hours ago, TehSmileyBandit said:

FFA Cup:
. Heartless

Table:
. Heartless
. Vuck
. Perth
. Easts
. Adelaide
. WSW
. Wull
. Jest
. Meow
. Sea Bogans

GF:
. Vuck

Golden Boot:
. Riera

Johnny Warren:
. Vidosic

ACL:
Jest - DNQ
Easts - Rd 16
Vuck - Semi

If Reira wins golden boot we will be top 6 easily our defence wont be that bad

- Melbourne city to continue being the Arsenal of the A-League

- Smurfs, Vuck and maybe WSW to be top 3 by daylight. 

- Darkhorse: CCM 

- Spoon: Adelaide United

- Despite the quality of foreign signings, one of them to flop due to an inability to cope with what I reckon is gonna be a bloody hot summer

- A salary cap scandal 

3 minutes ago, hughsey said:

- Melbourne city to continue being the Arsenal of the A-League

- Smurfs, Vuck and maybe WSW to be top 3 by daylight. 

- Darkhorse: CCM 

- Spoon: Adelaide United

- Despite the quality of foreign signings, one of them to flop due to an inability to cope with what I reckon is gonna be a bloody hot summer

- A salary cap scandal 

So Popa can’t fix Perth?

25 minutes ago, hughsey said:

I might also add to my prediction that this will be the last season we see the Phoenix in the A-League

You reckon they'll get booted a year early? What would be the catalyst? Something like FFA getting the boot and an independently run A-league turfing them?

I think they'll ride out the two years before being dumped, too much going on with FIFA etc.

2 hours ago, Erebus said:

Who's MV defence? They seem to be buying players for the attacking third more often than not.

German import Neidermeyer and Ansell/Deng. Storm Roux and Corey Brown the fullbacks (probably their weakest positions).

On 05/09/2018 at 11:27 PM, Carns said:

You reckon they'll get booted a year early? What would be the catalyst? Something like FFA getting the boot and an independently run A-league turfing them?

I think they'll ride out the two years before being dumped, too much going on with FIFA etc.

Well the way I see it, it's in neither parties (FFA and Nix) interest for them to hang around and delay the inevitable. For the FFA they are giving money away like a charity to a club that give nothing back. For the Nix, why are the owners going to keep topping up the funds of a sinking ship? The FFA can't just keep stringing them along until they decide they don't need them anymore. 

Best outcome for everyone would be that an unsuccessful expansion bid pay the Nix for their license and take their place. The Nix owners recoup some money and the FFA take on board a new Australian club without having to worry about where funding for an extra team comes from Fox wise.

22 minutes ago, hughsey said:

Best outcome for everyone would be that an unsuccessful expansion bid pay the Nix for their license and take their place. The Nix owners recoup some money and the FFA take on board a new Australian club without having to worry about where funding for an extra team comes from Fox wise.

This is the inevitable outcome I expect to happen. Would love to see a NZ team replaced with a team from our nation's capital, for example.

26 minutes ago, hughsey said:

Well the way I see it, it's in neither parties (FFA and Nix) interest for them to hang around and delay the inevitable. For the FFA they are giving money away like a charity to a club that give nothing back. For the Nix, why are the owners going to keep topping up the funds of a sinking ship? The FFA can't just keep stringing them along until they decide they don't need them anymore. 

I agree, Canberra over a NZ club any day but it obviously can't be that simple. I would expect there will be all sort of legal protections that NZ owners have built into their FFA agreement that we simply just aren't privvy to. I don't think the FFA has a particularly bias towards them but may simply be tied up with contractual aspects/compensation?

14 hours ago, Burgerman said:

Think Perth will be a contenders. 

1. Tards

2.Smurfs

3. Wsw

4. Perth 

Spoon seas bogans

Golden Boot Oreo or Fornaroli 

Kenny Lowe gone, a new coach with a broom and attitude plus Santa, think the Glory fans have a reason to be optimistic at this point in time.

my (uninformed) predictions:

1st - Victory (have signed good players)

2nd - City (no ACL to have to balance with)

3rd - SFC (mostly decent team)

4th - Perth (mostly decent team but jet lag hurts them)

5th - Adelaide (alright team)

6th - Brisbane (team has played together to develop some chemistry)

7th - Newcastle (Roy out for 9 weeks in a 27 round comp will hurt them)

8th - WSW (this is a write off season)

9th - Phoenix (this is a write off season but jet lag hurts them)

10th - Mariners (losing De Silva hurts)

13 minutes ago, pseudonym said:

my (uninformed) predictions:

1st - Victory (have signed good players)

2nd - City (no ACL to have to balance with)

3rd - SFC (mostly decent team)

4th - Perth (mostly decent team but jet lag hurts them)

5th - Adelaide (alright team)

6th - Brisbane (team has played together to develop some chemistry)

7th - Newcastle (Roy out for 9 weeks in a 27 round comp will hurt them)

8th - WSW (this is a write off season)

9th - Phoenix (this is a write off season but jet lag hurts them)

10th - Mariners (losing De Silva hurts)

If we finish 8th ( which I highly doubt ) we will have a new manager for the return to Parra. Babbel should be sacked for 8th in a 10 team comp. I think top 4 for us.

We could end up anywhere from 3rd to 7th imo.

The only teams we look definitely better than are the Nix & Mariners and pending foreign signings, the Jets.

Victory, City and SFC all have better squads than we do.

Perth are roughly equivalent to us, except perhaps they are more defensive oriented than we will be. Adelaide & Brisbane are much the same as last year.

Going by that?

1. Victory
  2. SFC
  3. City
  4. Perth
  5. WSW
  6. Adelaide
  7. Brisbane
  8. Newcastle
  9. Nix
  10. Mariners

16 hours ago, mack said:

We could end up anywhere from 3rd to 7th imo.

The only teams we look definitely better than are the Nix & Mariners and pending foreign signings, the Jets.

Victory, City and SFC all have better squads than we do.

Perth are roughly equivalent to us, except perhaps they are more defensive oriented than we will be. Adelaide & Brisbane are much the same as last year.

Going by that?

1. Victory
  2. SFC
  3. City
  4. Perth
  5. WSW
  6. Adelaide
  7. Brisbane
  8. Newcastle
  9. Nix
  10. Mariners

I think your overestimating Heartle$$. Their defence doesn't look that strong without Jakobsen. 

Perth defence looks good if fully fit. Pops looking to play 3 at the back.

Great thing with A League is its generally hard to pick, especially this year with the changes at sydney and victory.

Smurfs have lost key players on paper they have replaced them,  but who knows how those players will go, they are by no means sure things. Victory would seem to have the best attacking team (by a long way).Perth will do do better with a solid defence and structure. Can’t see Jets repeating last season, post Nabout leaving they were hanging on anyway.

As for us, feeels like our squad is decent but has a couple of holes and needs a few things to come off for us be up top. 

Ok here goes

Top 4 ( assuming oriol as golden boot and AB pretty much Warren medalist)

Victory

Us

smurfs

City

Any 2 of these 3 for 5 and 6

Jets

Perth

adelaide 

The rest 

Brisbane 

Coasties

wellington

Golden Boot: Oriol

warren medal: Baumjohann or Honda

Other: 

RBB and the club fall out at some point of the season, probably after the second derby or something at victory away

Smoggy is most liked poster

Wendy gets her wish and club try a “walk out song” it’s some faux kopite crap and I get to complain about it every week

Depite ANZ being a hole our crowds go up as we start winning again 

Edited by StringerBellend
2 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Great thing with A League is its generally hard to pick, especially this year with the changes at sydney and victory.

Smurfs have lost key players on paper they have replaced them,  but who knows how those players will go, they are by no means sure things. Victory would seem to have the best attacking team (by a long way).Perth will do do better with a solid defence and structure. Can’t see Jets repeating last season, post Nabout leaving they were hanging on anyway.

As for us, feeels like our squad is decent but has a couple of holes and needs a few things to come off for us be up top. 

Ok here goes

Top 4 ( assuming oriol as golden boot and AB pretty much Warren medalist)

Victory

Us

smurfs

City

Any 2 of these 3 for 5 and 6

Jets

Perth

adelaide 

The rest 

Brisbane 

Coasties

wellington

Golden Boot: Oriol

warren medal: Baumjohann or Honda

Other: 

RBB and the club fall out at some point of the season, probably after the second derby or something at victory away

Smoggy is most liked poster

Wendy gets her wish and club try a “walk out song” it’s some faux kopite crap and I get to complain about it every week

Depite ANZ being a hole our crowds go up as we start winning again 

Ah, but you neglected to answer the big question.  Will Wendy find Smoggy and introduce him to the rest of us?