International Current Affairs (#BidenIn)

7 hours ago, wendybr said:

He says he will be seen as "an invincible hero" if he bounces back on the campaign trail...

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/dateline/donald-trump-gives-shout-out-to-australian-columnist-after-she-calls-covid-19-the-chinese-virus

:bad::bad:

She’s horrible

A heap of new polls came out today and Trump is getting smashed, so if covid was a stunt it's backfired.

Two Fox News national polls put Biden ahead 10 and 9 points respectively. New York Times has Biden 1 point ahead in Ohio, Quinnipiac has Biden ahead by 13 points in Pennsylvania, 5 points ahead in Iowa and 11 points ahead in Florida. If Trump loses pretty much any of those states he's going to struggle to find a way to win.

According to FiveThirtyEight their odds have moved from 67 Biden, 32 Trump at the end of August to 84 Biden, 16 Trump. It is worth mentioning though that this far out from the 2016 election they had Clinton ahead 87 to 13.

Also the Vice Presidential debate was at least watchable compared to the Presidential debate. Don't think either of them really changed the race which is effectively a win for Biden and Harris.

38 minutes ago, Davo said:

Also the Vice Presidential debate was at least watchable compared to the Presidential debate. Don't think either of them really changed the race which is effectively a win for Biden and Harris.

I tried to watch it but gave up after 30 mins....sure it was less toxic but still the same old shyte....

Apparently the Democrats are topping up the sea as it doesn’t have enough water 

he’s off his tits on steroids at the moment. 

He’s starting to sound like the guy who I used to see in Finsbury Park at 8 in the morning on his third can of Tennats Super who would shout at people 

Edited by StringerBellend
2 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

He’s starting to sound like the guy who I used to see in Finsbury Park at 8 in the morning on his third can of Tennats Super who would shout at people 

Tennants Super....wouldn't be Scottish would he?

6 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

he’s off his tits on steroids at the moment. 

:shok: I have no words....except...... very rude ones.

Here's an article that goes into more depth about the fish thing.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/dec/22/delta-smelt-fish-trump-california-aoe

He's been going on about it since 2016 because the farmers want to take all the water, which will eventually cause bigger problems for the ecology of the system. Feels like a similar situation to the Murray-Darling issue here.

1 hour ago, Midfielder said:

There's a podcast I may have mentioned before called It Could Happen Here which was released in the first half of last year. It makes the argument that America is closer to a second civil war than many people realise.

The host leans to the left and says as much at the beginning, but he grew up in conservative, rural, gun-toting America so he's a lot less dismissive of them than a lot on the left, particularly as the urban/rural divide is a big part of the discussion. He talked about armed right wing militia groups, large scale relatively peaceful protests by the left, Portland being the site of a lot of unrest, issues around policing and law enforcement in general taking a side, etc.

Not sure it'll get as bad as he predicted but he's called a lot right so far.

1 hour ago, Cynth said:

I see the US in a lose-lose situation. It is so polarised that regardless of the result, the country will only fracture more. And if Trump loses he will not follow the historical protocol around peaceful transfer of power and he will tie it up in the (stacked) courts. 

A gift to the would-be superpowers in the world. 

Yes but the real problem is Uni students 

• mack changed the title to International Current Affairs (#BidenIn)
  • mack locked this topic