International Current Affairs (#BidenIn)

1 hour ago, EmMac said:

Unbelievable 

And where were the police in the beginning? How the ffaarrk did those fruitcakes get up the steps of Congress let along be allowed to get into Congress. How?? I think there must be serious questions about the lack of police presence. If they were black or Muslim they would have been teargassed assulted and shot at by the police

I agree with the sentiment 100%

Will be interesting to see when the dust clears a bit thought. The reinforcements that would normally be used take direct orders from the Prez, so they were outnumbered, because there's no way the Prez was sending them in. It took Pence to get help from the look of it.

Having said that - opening the gates, taking selfies, guiding them helpfully out - there's no way in hell that happens if they're black.

Murdoch and his goons are nothing but enablers and inciters for what is happening whether it is here in Aus, the US or the UK. 

A poor woman was murdered by terrorists in the house of govt in the US because of lies perpertrated by his media.....not just his tbh..........but they need to be held accountable as much as Trump and his cronies.

There has to come a time when you say enough is enough.

56 minutes ago, marron said:

I agree with the sentiment 100%

Will be interesting to see when the dust clears a bit thought. The reinforcements that would normally be used take direct orders from the Prez, so they were outnumbered, because there's no way the Prez was sending them in. It took Pence to get help from the look of it.

Having said that - opening the gates, taking selfies, guiding them helpfully out - there's no way in hell that happens if they're black.

Apparently only the President or the Secretary of Defence have the authority to mobilise the National Guard. According to SecDef he made the call in consultation with Pence and congressional leaders, but not Trump.

There’s a lot of talk of removing Trump from office with the 25th amendment going around in the media. The VP is the one who needs to initiate that so it’s interesting that Pence seems to be working with the cabinet on one side to manage the situation while Trump is on the other side riling up the crowd that was filmed chanting “hang Mike Pence”.

I’ve seen a few of the rioters wearing Revolutionary War style clothes while breaking into the Capitol.

That war was to end having a monarch who was above the law and instead democratically elect their head of state. Which side do these guys think they’re on?

Edited by Davo

Republicans lawmakers in the House and the Senate who egged on Trump and abetted his claim of electoral fraud by suggesting they would vote against the certification of the election are all of a sudden finding the balls to back off and denounce what they themselves encouraged..

Well you may think you got your balls back from Trump but people will still see the fingerprints.

Edited by sonar

I cannot believe that such an unhinged, and dare I say it, mentally unstable person ever became the President of the US.

There is only one person to blame for what is happening now. It's unfortunate that he has 10's of millions of loyal followers.

Anyway, he's going to need to find a new way to communicate now that his Twitter account has been suspended for 12 hours, and then permanently if he doesn't remove 3 recent tweets. 

Edited by Wanderboy
52 minutes ago, pseudonym said:

Formally no he doesn't

It's just a folksy tradition

Yes - I think they hold the title for the rest of their lives, but I don't know the details. A "folksy tradition" might explain it...a mark of respect.

• mack changed the title to International Current Affairs (#BidenIn)
  • mack locked this topic