International Current Affairs (#BidenIn)

Hmmm- Forbidden to discuss Covid related issues, unless it's about lifting the restrictions.

Well I guess this qualifies - in that lifting restrictions in many parts of the world is being accompanied by vaccine passports.

Thankfully, around the world, these are being fought - not that we're allowed to know about this global pushback  here - thanks to almost total mainstream media failure to cover it.

For months...day after day....people protest.

And in Italy - a bit more noise!

City by city, they protest.

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

Hmmm- Forbidden to discuss Covid related issues, unless it's about lifting the restrictions.

Well I guess this qualifies - in that lifting restrictions in many parts of the world is being accompanied by vaccine passports.

Thankfully, around the world, these are being fought - not that we're allowed to know about this global pushback  here - thanks to almost total mainstream media failure to cover it.

It's hardly going to make channel 10 news is it, why would we care? 

22 hours ago, wendybr said:

I’m no fan of vaccine passports but in reality they are affecting less than 10% of the population and here in Australia except for overseas travel, it kinda looks like ours (NSW) will only last about 6 weeks, so I think Stringer is right, who is going to care here? 

I don’t like the two tier society we have right now but selfishly I like knowing I’m going out this weekend to a crowded place with only vaccinated people around me. I feel wrong saying it but I will admit it’s how I feel right now. :unknw:

If it’s permanent, I would be angry for the minority group and their experience but as a temporary measure it just isn’t a hill I am willing to die on. 

59 minutes ago, Cynth said:

I’m no fan of vaccine passports but in reality they are affecting less than 10% of the population and here in Australia except for overseas travel, it kinda looks like ours (NSW) will only last about 6 weeks, so I think Stringer is right, who is going to care here? 

I don’t like the two tier society we have right now but selfishly I like knowing I’m going out this weekend to a crowded place with only vaccinated people around me. I feel wrong saying it but I will admit it’s how I feel right now. :unknw:

If it’s permanent, I would be angry for the minority group and their experience but as a temporary measure it just isn’t a hill I am willing to die on. 

my point was yes its not going to be here for that long or effect that many people but  also  that some Italian's are marching up and down isn't really newsworthy in Australia (it's not due to a conspiracy it's just interesting).

BTW I'm not at all angry for the minority group, they should just go out and get vaccinated rather than crying victim. It's a choice they are making, they not being oppressed (obviously those that have legitimate reasons shouldn't I would have sympathy for but as I understand they are not effected).

On 19/10/2021 at 4:53 PM, wendybr said:

Who is stopping this? Big Pharma? Kevin Rudd? Craig Foster? 

The mainstream media aren't covering it because it isn't interesting or newsworthy, to most people. The only people who are interested are a very small group of anti-vaccine people and the cool alt-right kids

On 19/10/21 at 4:53 PM, wendybr said:

On 19/10/21 at 4:53 PM, wendybr said:

I really think you should have a vaccination passport. Otherwise how are you going to get any Nix away games in Wullington? Here is the link to the application form:

https://covid-vaccine.healthdirect.gov.au/eligibility?lang=en

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

yes, some of big pharma's business practices are dodgy. They are out to make $s after all. They are also driven as you say to push things that they can make money on over things that are now allowed to be made as  generics 

We are somewhat stuck with that as a side effect if you like of our economic system.. ironically a lot of those our protesting also want smaller government (which would mean less governance of corporate behaviours) but I digress 

None of this, means the vaccine is any less effective or even that your alternatives are anymore effective.

What it does mean is that the vaccine might not get to who needs it most at the lowest cost. But given that here in Australia it's available to you free you should probably take advantage of that 

Again.. though if only the mainstream media like the ABC would cover this. But they can't 

2 hours ago, wendybr said:

Yea pfizer doesn't have the best of reputations to put it mildly. Mainstream was a bit happier to go after Astra which is non-for-profit. 

Also would like point our ABCs gun shy approach after NSW and Victoria met their targets to come out with the article, with the article only really having allegations but not going into real depth. I feel sometimes that journalist are so cbf doing actual work that they just look on google or twitter and print out the first searches.

5 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Yea pfizer doesn't have the best of reputations to put it mildly. Mainstream was a bit happier to go after Astra which is non-for-profit. 

Also would like point our ABCs gun shy approach after NSW and Victoria met their targets to come out with the article, with the article only really having allegations but not going into real depth. I feel sometimes that journalist are so cbf doing actual work that they just look on google or twitter and print out the first searches.

True, the SMH (from the top of my head) has two very good investigative journo's in Adele Ferguson and Kate McClymont. However, most are just inept, lazy or are scared they'll get nobbled by their managers or owners. 

13 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Yes but the mainstream media will never tell you that will they.. 

It's got a lot of cover in some places overseas. I heard about it from Spanish people.

Not mentioned in that article,  the Israeli contract with Pfizer (heavily redacted) was obtained under freedom of information legislation. They've already contracted to roll out the 2nd booster in Israel, remember. Some pretty shocking details in that - but is that front page news anywhere here?? LOL.

I spotted that article I posted at midnight.

Did it make it onto any morning news programs, or onto the nightly news here?

I didn't watch/listen to any, so I don't know....but I highly doubt it.

On 21/10/2021 at 8:52 AM, Sithslayer1991 said:

Absolutely.

A few articles that went beyond "Get jabbed" only just started trickling out AFTER we had reached targets. Stuff on waning efficacy and boosters. These issues were being discussed for a month or so overseas, but not a whisper got through here until the the high targets were reached.

It was like a miracle to hear issues reaching the surface here.

4 hours ago, wendybr said:

It's got a lot of cover in some places overseas. I heard about it from Spanish people.

Not mentioned in that article,  the Israeli contract with Pfizer (heavily redacted) was obtained under freedom of information legislation. They've already contracted to roll out the 2nd booster in Israel, remember. Some pretty shocking details in that - but is that front page news anywhere here?? LOL.

I spotted that article I posted at midnight.

Did it make it onto any morning news programs, or onto the nightly news here?

I didn't watch/listen to any, so I don't know....but I highly doubt it.

If only the ABC would mention it 

1 hour ago, marron said:

Trump's TRUTH platform has some interesting t's and c's for a free media platform in which no view will be cancelled.

Users who “disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the site” will be kicked off.

Lol, looks like a professional operation……

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/mashable.com/article/trump-truth-social-hacked-trolls%3famp

38 minutes ago, mack said:

Not sure why you're blaming Biden for sticking to Trump's surrender to the Taliban.

If Dump was still in charge he might redirect the troops freed up from Afghanistan to Australia. Apparently we need to be liberated.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/22/rightwing-pundit-candace-owens-suggests-us-invade-australia-to-free-an-oppressed-people

My goodness!

24 minutes ago, FCB said:

If Dump was still in charge he might redirect the troops freed up from Afghanistan to Australia. Apparently we need to be liberated.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/22/rightwing-pundit-candace-owens-suggests-us-invade-australia-to-free-an-oppressed-people

My goodness!

Yeah I saw reaction to this on Twitter......beyond belief what some of these idiots are spouting

16 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

If only the ABC would mention it 

Put up at midnight...and pretty much gone by the morning.

Not mentioned anywhere else that I have seen.

The media blackout here on anything negative about the jabs is sinister imo.

28 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Put up at midnight...and pretty much gone by the morning.

Not mentioned anywhere else that I have seen.

The media blackout here on anything negative about the jabs is sinister imo.

I think you spend too much time with conspiracy theorists and the cool alt-right kids 

So who is behind this media blackout? Whoever they are aren't very good at it 

This might all seem fun to you and the cool alt-right kids 

So MMR vaccine does it cause autism? you bought into that one yet?? 

Edited by StringerBellend
  • mack locked this topic