International Current Affairs (#BidenIn)

On 02/10/2018 at 10:00 AM, mack said:

There are deplorables out there marching with neo-nazis and murdering people, maybe the Trump supporters who prop up Republicans and the alt-right deplorables, voting for billionaire tax cuts & the destruction of public health care shouldn't be treated with kid gloves?

Haha. 

How would assess the effectiveness of calling large slabs of a population nazi’s?

23 minutes ago, Legionista said:

Great day. 

For once the hit job, the smears, the the carry on, the emoting, it failed, it didn’t work. 

:cheeky:

What do you mean it didn't work. It worked a treat!

Restricted FBI investigation -hit job

Trump mocks Ford- smears

Graham rants at the Dems in his best outrage voice - the carry on

Kavanagh cries crocodile tears and rages like a toddler - emoting.

Like I said. It worked, they got what they wanted.

You sooooo do teams.

Mack

Need you hhhhmmmm advise ..... I listen to a lot of youtube channels about US government policy and some other stuff...

I have roughly six I listen to regularly and have never put up there vids, mostly left some right and some funny.

I put this one up its roughly 18 months old but one of my favs

Mack does this kinda vid OK... Tis IMO excellent beyond excellent and could equally apply to Australia.

Enjoy and let us know of this is OK and I can add others.

19 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Long but incredible very very very very worth while listening too.

So interesting.

The analysis of the current "Unemployment rate" is interesting...as was the discussion about "penny capitalism, regional capitalism and corporate capitalism".

Very depressing....

of course. he is laughing that trump has no balls.

people already calling him a dictator and nazi. he might as well go full gulag.

i hope there is a massive civil war. you will love it wendy. it will be so good for the environment, it will reduce our carbon emissions plus kill all those dirty white men. 

Anyway, anyone been following the Brazilian election at all? Today is the first vote, and if no-one gets a majority the leading two candidates have a run-off vote at the end of the month. Atm the leading candidate is a guy who makes Trump look like a far left candidate.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/oct/07/brazil-election-jair-bolsonaro-makes-trumpian-pledge-as-poll-shows-big-lead

The whole country seemingly has been on the streets in the leadup, either in support of him or against him. I wish stuff like this would get more coverage outside The Guardian etc. It's a massive country with an election with huge implications for not just itself but all of South America.

^^^ I heard it discussed today on the ABC - but I think it was via the BBC.

Yes - the country is very divided there also. :unsure:

The report featured the "Not Him!" protests - which seemed powerful.

40 minutes ago, Cynth said:

Brilliantly written!

"So, I’m out. The Trumpers and the hucksters and the consultants and the hangers-on, like a colony of bees who exist only to sting and die, have swarmed together in a dangerous but suicidal cloud, and when that mindless hive finally extinguishes itself in a blaze of venom, there will be nothing left."

Let's hope that the "suicidal....mindless hive" does extinguish itself.

Not sure there is much of a sign of that happening atm though.

2 hours ago, sonar said:

You could also use her analogy of the Republicans for the Conservatives here in Aus......same same unfortunately.

So it only took a rapist President getting his lying, partisan political hack of a judge to the Supreme Court (after blocking Obama's nomination of a centrist judge for nearly a year) to quit. Not the years of abuse & obstructionism of the Obama era, or Jeb & Dubya stealing an election, or invading Iraq on a fictional tale of WMD's, or any of the myriad of schemes and morally bankrupt actions of the Republicans of the Reagan, Nixon & Bush Snr eras from Watergate to Iran-Contra.

Good on them.

Just now, mack said:

So it only took a rapist President getting his lying, partisan political hack of a judge to the Supreme Court (after blocking Obama's nomination of a centrist judge for nearly a year) to quit. Not the years of abuse & obstructionism of the Obama era, or Jeb & Dubya stealing an election, or invading Iraq on a fictional tale of WMD's, or any of the myriad of schemes and morally bankrupt actions of the Republicans of the Reagan, Nixon & Bush Snr eras from Watergate to Iran-Contra.

Good on them.

......Firstly,I agree with you mack. I should of prefaced my remarks with the quote that, they, ( conservatives ), are in it for the power and the protection of vested interests...not what is in the nations interest.

Secondly,I sometimes wonder what the people who vote them in are thinking or whether they actually think at all. There is a lot to be said for compulsory voting and I for one am glad we have it.

Thirdly,America is a very very  strange beast to understand at times. 

1 hour ago, Legionista said:

They sound like a horrible bunch these conservatives. 

No, not all of them. Just those that have forgotten what they stand for, their principles, and have chosen instead to follow Trump, a false god. Sacrificing their obligations to the people for power. Cowards who couldn’t stand up to Trumps immorality and instead decided to reframe it to justify their own weakness. 

55 minutes ago, Cynth said:

No, not all of them. Just those that have forgotten what they stand for, their principles, and have chosen instead to follow Trump, a false god. Sacrificing their obligations to the people for power. Cowards who couldn’t stand up to Trumps immorality and instead decided to reframe it to justify their own weakness. 

LOL

• mack changed the title to International Current Affairs (#BidenIn)
  • mack locked this topic