wendybr

International Current Affairs (Not A Politics Thread) LOL

5 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Here's what the various outcomes of the US Presidential Election mean

US election is now the biggest risk ever faced by financial markets, analysts warn http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-29/us-election-biggest-risk-financial-markets-analysts-warn/12701882

Interesting article...so for those of us relying on Superannuation income the best short term outcome is potentially a Trump victory !!

Biden vs Trump...Biden doing ok.

Trump often resorting to insults "Dont talk about being "smart". You came bottom of your class" ..."He (Biden) wears the biggest mask I've ever seen" "Nobody shows up at his rallies" and telling  Biden  "Ahh Shut up Joe!"

Biden generally able to quote stats and maintain his cool.

Biden clearly the winner IMO.

Trump merely an angry bully. Awful!

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

Biden clearly the winner IMO.

Trump merely an angry bully. Awful!

But it won't make any difference. 

Most of that debate won't have changed much. Trump threw out meaningless statements (the cleanest air and the purest water) along with discredited conspiracy theories. His base will lap it up and everyone else already knows he's talking garbage.

For me the biggest takeaway from the debate was Trump being given the softball question to denounce white supremacists and the Proud Boys by telling them stand down, but instead he told them to "stand by". Apparently the Proud Boys are already celebrating it online and taking it as a green light to ramp things up.

5 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

But it won't make any difference. 

Yep

4 minutes ago, Davo said:

Most of that debate won't have changed much. Trump threw out meaningless statements (the cleanest air and the purest water) along with discredited conspiracy theories. His base will lap it up and everyone else already knows he's talking garbage.

And yep.

Lol....from the Washingtopn Post.......re Biden.......

He acted about as dignified as anyone could expect, presidential, in the face of a deranged, desperate criminal with a $70K squirrel stapled to his head."

When CNN cut back to their panel after the debate finished Jake Tapper opened with:

That was a hot mess inside a dumpster fire inside a train wreck. That was the worst debate I’ve ever seen. It wasn’t even a debate, it was a disgrace. And it’s primarily because of President Trump.

1 hour ago, sonar said:

Lol....from the Washingtopn Post.......re Biden.......

He acted about as dignified as anyone could expect, presidential, in the face of a deranged, desperate criminal with a $70K squirrel stapled to his head."

I think the Dems/Left whoever really should back off the personal stuff, and try to "go high" rather than stooping to "go low" when Trump and co does. Trump cannot do that, cannot be dignified, so to follow his lead with the personal insults and the calling out of his family etc, after he had a go at Biden's son, is foolish and unnecessary. Surely everyone knows all that slush already.

They all should leave Trump's disgusting/angry/petty/nasty/childish/undignified bile to just hang in the air, rather than try to match it. Biden was dignified on the whole, if less robust that Trump. It will be interesting to see whether anything other than the usual condemnation/accolades along already well established lines, comes of that "debate".

1 hour ago, Davo said:

When CNN cut back to their panel after the debate finished Jake Tapper opened with:

No surprises there tho.

2 hours ago, Davo said:

For me the biggest takeaway from the debate was Trump being given the softball question to denounce white supremacists and the Proud Boys by telling them stand down, but instead he told them to "stand by". Apparently the Proud Boys are already celebrating it online and taking it as a green light to ramp things up.

For me, the biggest take away was the continuation of the idiotic climate denial.

To paraphrase "The forests have not been managed properly...there are dead trees in the forest...and...you know... leaves on the ground".

FMD.... what??....should they have forest rangers raking up leaves and dead branches through out their wilderness areas. :crazy:

13 minutes ago, wendybr said:

I think the Dems/Left whoever really should back off the personal stuff, and try to "go high" rather than stooping to "go low" when Trump and co does. Trump cannot do that, cannot be dignified, so to follow his lead with the personal insults and the calling out of his family etc, after he had a go at Biden's son, is foolish and unnecessary. Surely everyone knows all that slush already.

They all should leave Trump's disgusting/angry/petty/nasty/childish/undignified bile to just hang in the air, rather than try to match it. Biden was dignified on the whole, if less robust that Trump. It will be interesting to see whether anything other than the usual condemnation/accolades along already well established lines, comes of that "debate".

PS wendy........Biden didn't use those words....the Washington Post did.

4 minutes ago, wendybr said:

For me, the biggest take away was the continuation of the idiotic climate denial.

To paraphrase "The forests have not been managed properly...there are dead trees in the forest...and...you know... leaves on the ground".

FMD.... what??....should they have forest rangers raking up leaves and dead branches through out their wilderness areas. :crazy:

The annoying thing there is that large portions of land that has burned in the recent fires is managed by the federal government, not the states. Trump blames Democrat state officials but I read somewhere that 60 percent of California forests, 25 percent of Oregon forests and 44 percent of Washington forests are on federal land.

Even if you ignore the actual answer, i.e. climate change, the incorrect answer he gives is also largely his fault.

It's just a continued dumbass right wing conspiracy/attack that it's all greenies fault that fires happen in gigantic swathes of forests.

Like when they happened here and the Murdoch deflection from Morrison's holiday and LNP service cuts was that it was all deliberate arson and the greens not allowing backburns.

6 hours ago, wendybr said:

He says he will be seen as "an invincible hero" if he bounces back on the campaign trail...

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/dateline/donald-trump-gives-shout-out-to-australian-columnist-after-she-calls-covid-19-the-chinese-virus

:bad::bad:

Getting REALLY desperate now!!

Posted (edited)

It's the move to make. Like I said, now he beat it. What's everyone so worried about? Look at scaredy cat Joe in his mask. Act like a man Joe. What kind of president is scared of a cold?

Edited by marron

7 hours ago, wendybr said:

He says he will be seen as "an invincible hero" if he bounces back on the campaign trail...

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/dateline/donald-trump-gives-shout-out-to-australian-columnist-after-she-calls-covid-19-the-chinese-virus

:bad::bad:

She’s horrible

2 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

She’s horrible

I know!!

3 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

She’s horrible

I thought we were'nt exporting our rubbish anymore....then how come Abbott, Pell and this odious lowlife were let out?

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

I know!!

Your mate just says the same stuff but on YouTube ;)

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

Your mate just says the same stuff but on YouTube ;)

Not any more he doesn't! ;)

A heap of new polls came out today and Trump is getting smashed, so if covid was a stunt it's backfired.

Two Fox News national polls put Biden ahead 10 and 9 points respectively. New York Times has Biden 1 point ahead in Ohio, Quinnipiac has Biden ahead by 13 points in Pennsylvania, 5 points ahead in Iowa and 11 points ahead in Florida. If Trump loses pretty much any of those states he's going to struggle to find a way to win.

According to FiveThirtyEight their odds have moved from 67 Biden, 32 Trump at the end of August to 84 Biden, 16 Trump. It is worth mentioning though that this far out from the 2016 election they had Clinton ahead 87 to 13.

Also the Vice Presidential debate was at least watchable compared to the Presidential debate. Don't think either of them really changed the race which is effectively a win for Biden and Harris.

38 minutes ago, Davo said:

Also the Vice Presidential debate was at least watchable compared to the Presidential debate. Don't think either of them really changed the race which is effectively a win for Biden and Harris.

I tried to watch it but gave up after 30 mins....sure it was less toxic but still the same old shyte....

Posted (edited)

Apparently the Democrats are topping up the sea as it doesn’t have enough water 

he’s off his tits on steroids at the moment. 

He’s starting to sound like the guy who I used to see in Finsbury Park at 8 in the morning on his third can of Tennats Super who would shout at people 

Edited by StringerBellend