International Current Affairs (#BidenIn)

18 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Sometimes I get the feeling some on here play the man not the issue or are so fixed to a certain political view that it shades or imposes itself...  

Rubbish

If you worry about China or other authoritarian regimes then I see no problem in pointing out that by our own actions....historical actions......re trade/arms.... we enable their rise and militarisation. 

It's only when things turn to crap that people say ......ohhhh they scare me now......give me break......lol

I still remember Howard and his AWB scandal....still enabling Hussein all the while playing the "what a **** of a regime they were." card.

Stop taking people as fools.

Edited by sonar
1 hour ago, Midfielder said:

Who said there was not...

I an at a total lost...

Given I stated openly in the post the US was bad ... did you want ne to list the bad things...what do you want me to say..

Do I state a post saying China concerns me by opening the post with.

The US have started the following wars.. provide dates, numbers hurt, then follow up with England and how far back do I need to go.

Remember I started by acknowledging the US was bad ..

You said a question of balance... all the posts I have made about the US do I also have to before I post negative things about the US provide China details.

BTW on China... there current actions do worry me ... 

Sometimes I get the feeling some on here play the man not the issue or are so fixed to a certain political view that it shades or imposes itself...  

I get that feeling constantly

Based on current polling I don't think he really has a choice. He needs to land a big shot on Biden or have Biden say something catastrophically dumb in the last debate, something to change things because as it stands he's going to lose.

5 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Sometimes I get the feeling some on here play the man not the issue or are so fixed to a certain political view that it shades or imposes itself.

4 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

I get that feeling constantly

Man....or woman! 🤣

Altho these days, there is only one who sometimes does that.

😁😁

3 hours ago, pseudonym said:

I just read that expecting to get to the end and a conclusion or a reference to the start or something ....

But all he/she did was stop writing as if stopping to go for a leak or whatever and not bothering to come back and finish the article.

On 20/10/2020 at 2:10 PM, Paul01 said:

Maybe we could try and predict at what point he'll have a dummy spit and walk out....a bit like Baumjohann bingo !!

lol.........

Sacha Baron Cohen
@SachaBaronCohen
· Oct 25
Donald—I appreciate the free publicity for Borat! I admit, I don’t find you funny either. But yet the whole world laughs at you.

I’m always looking for people to play racist buffoons, and you’ll need a job after Jan. 20. Let’s talk!

https://hollywoodlife.com/2020/10/24/donald-trump-sacha-baron-cohen-borat-prank/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

6 minutes ago, mack said:

Saw this on another forum. I'll post it here to save Wendy the trouble.

Did you ONLY  post  this to save me the trouble?

Or does what he says have some merit this time, Mack?

😁😁

Yes this is a sporting question in this thread.

The answers I get will feed theme of the thread with a latter post.

Question

Under the reign of the Lowy family during the A-L period did FFA do anything right ?????

If so a lot or a little or somewhere inbetween

Let me guess he goes on about trump being a nob but somewhere near the end puts it on the left by taking a small example of something that is clearly stupid 

I quite like the guy in interviews (he’ll be chuffed to know) his writer is a Weapons grade  nob jockey of the highest order though 

and no I’m not watching it 

I could watch it and hate it or I can save 5 mins and just hate it 

Edited by StringerBellend
1 hour ago, Midfielder said:

Question

Under the reign of the Lowy family during the A-L period did FFA do anything right ?????

Asian Cup. Bought in the Wanderers.

10 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Question

8 hours ago, mack said:

Asian Cup. Bought in the Wanderers.

Thanks mack

For all the issues, troubles, attacks on SBS, lack of defending home end fans, inability to expand the board and we could fill the page with errors, ... not everything FFA they did and everything FFA said, was wrong nor poor ... yes to continue, salary cap, no transfer fess [OMG the Mariners could have used these over the years], no P & R... I get it the hand over from father to son ... let me stop there so many old war wounds get discussed in a thread no designed for an Australian Football discussion.

But, getting us into Asia, getting the media deals, getting to world cups ... massive expansion of the player base... 

Now to my point, hopefully tiring this post to the theme of this threat.

The US has been involved in countless wars, countless overthrows of governments and made especially in the Middle East some terrible mistakes...

However they have led the world in democracy, had a civil war over slavery, have championed a free press, have championed personal freedoms... their arts in music and film, have inspired many world over...

Trump attacking the key institutions and creating an in-would looking America openly dealing with  people like Putin and creating doubt with the US of the election process, is an attack on the world... essentially the soft power the US enjoyed, and the power of freedom and independence that drives that sift power is fading fast...

I hope Trumps get smashed ...  

• mack changed the title to International Current Affairs (#BidenIn)
  • mack locked this topic