International Current Affairs (#BidenIn)

Mueller writes in his report that, had he been able after the investigation to exonerate the President, he would. But the facts stood in the way of that exoneration. "The evidence we obtained about the President’s actions and intent presents difficult issues that prevent us from conclusively determining that no criminal conduct occurred," he explains in careful language. Despite that, he believed an investigation could not go forward, lest it interfere with the “constitutional processes for addressing presidential misconduct" – in other words, impeachment.

Up to Congress now.

On 20/04/2019 at 1:57 PM, mack said:

@wendybr your old mate the original JP got annihilated in a debate last night and exposed himself as a fraud, for someone who constantly complains about "cultural marxism", he'd never even read the Communist Manifesto until recently!

Hahaha - I'm returning to this....because the clip below has surfaced.

As I said previously - I skimmed thru a 2 hour debate, and it CUT OUT exactly at this point....which is where I figure you've got the idea that "JP got annihilated in a debate last night and exposed himself as a fraud, for someone who constantly complains about "cultural marxism" …."

Having listened to this bit now, I really can't see that JP got "owned" or was found our as "a fraud". That's bunkum.

The term "Cultural Marxism" is bunkum...and Zizek's question is a spot on question to ask. But JP comes out of this explaining himself intelligently.

All that's being debated here is a label. Zizek actually seems to be agreeing with JP on the concepts behind the label. They seem quite cordial towards each other....and intellectually quite well matched.

Anyway...still waiting to see how JP is a fraud. I do not agree with all he says....but I still like listening to what he has to offer (just like Btron does :D).

PS The introduction by the host here is good - balanced.

Anyway...judge for yourself.

2 hours ago, Ossified said:

Mueller writes in his report that, had he been able after the investigation to exonerate the President, he would. But the facts stood in the way of that exoneration. "The evidence we obtained about the President’s actions and intent presents difficult issues that prevent us from conclusively determining that no criminal conduct occurred," he explains in careful language. Despite that, he believed an investigation could not go forward, lest it interfere with the “constitutional processes for addressing presidential misconduct" – in other words, impeachment.

Up to Congress now.

And if he were to be impeached.....what would happen? How long would it actually take if they went down that path?

Can't they just focus on finding a candidate who will take him on....and win the Presidency?

8 hours ago, Legionista said:

Any impeachment move now would be painfully stupid 

Not painfully stupid because the process will continue to expose his conduct and his lack of principles. But an impeachment process will be fruitless because it won’t pass the senate, the republicans are too far gone. I think a wise move would be to continue the investigations the committees are currently doing in the background, interview Mueller and wait a while for the other impending investigations that are spinoffs from the Mueller report to develop. 

The reality is that Mueller found that the Trump Campaign were willing to go along with the Russians and fully expected an advantage doing it. It’s not conspiracy but it’s dodgy.

The other reality is that Trump tried and tried to obstruct justice but his staff refused to comply....exposing his lack of morality, respect and principles will be an important wound to remain open heading into 2020. 

55 minutes ago, wendybr said:

And if he were to be impeached.....what would happen? How long would it actually take if they went down that path?

Can't they just focus on finding a candidate who will take him on....and win the Presidency?

I think the candidates have to continue to put forward good policies and make good performances like Bernie did at the Fox News town hall. Let the congress deal with Trump. 

12 minutes ago, Cynth said:

Yes of course. And I’m not sure just a measure of disgust can accurately predict political persuasion. Disgust can vary by many variables like gender and age! 

I guess it depends on the target of one's disgust.

Clive Palmer and Pauline  (and cronies) anyone? 

Fraser Anning??  :pardon:

I didn't read what the site said about it, but you could maybe think of it like this.

Conservatism is all about the rules not changing.

Disgust is essentially the result of a "rule" - some kind of norm - being broken. You've been conditioned into knowing that it's "not right" and so it becomes disgusting to you. Similarly, a change in society also produces an adverse reaction - it's "not right", it's against the norms which you know to be correct. 

17 minutes ago, marron said:

I didn't read what the site said about it, but you could maybe think of it like this.

Conservatism is all about the rules not changing.

Disgust is essentially the result of a "rule" - some kind of norm - being broken. You've been conditioned into knowing that it's "not right" and so it becomes disgusting to you. Similarly, a change in society also produces an adverse reaction - it's "not right", it's against the norms which you know to be correct. 

So with your 10% Conservative....what actually disgusted you Marron. There can't have been much!

:lol: 

I don't know, I think probably the intestines one; things where there was a definite chance of actual contamination. Like the chef with a cold. Although, I trust the chef at the same time, so it's only mild concern.

It's like, the milk being off one. I don't actually drink it, so, eh, whatever. I'm not disgusted by milk being off. That's what happens. I might be disgusted if I watched someone drink it, but it didn't ask that.

At this point I wonder if whatever correlation exists exists because "liberal" people are more likely to interpret "disgust" in one way, while "conservative" types are more likely to interpret it another, but i redid it (10% again) and the explanation talks about confirming this stuff with MRIs as well.

And the winds of war start.....the US put boats in the Iranian vicinity then the reports start of Iranians antagonising the area....the Saudi’s will have their way, at the expense of US blood at this rate.  The stupidity of the US administration is mind-blowing. 

https://apnews.com/f8ed00420d42476292a106d26d33ede9?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter

• mack changed the title to International Current Affairs (#BidenIn)
  • mack locked this topic