Sign in to follow this  
wendybr

International Current Affairs (Not A Politics Thread) LOL

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

11 hours ago, wendybr said:

'Why there and not here?': Will Canada's recognition of 'colonial genocide' affect Australia?
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-07/will-canadas-report-into-colonial-genocide-impact-commonwealth/11241372

Why there and not here? Look who is in charge of the country. They don't care about anything but stuffing the pockets of the super rich and destroying services so they can be eventually privatised.

Yep...basically...

Altho I have a feeling that,  with so little else as an agenda, there might be some progress wth the voice to Parliament and working on the Uluru statement in this term.

Maybe.

Absolutely zero chance the party of Rupert Murdoch, Andrew Bolt and the IPA will do a thing about it.

15 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Yep...basically...

Altho I have a feeling that,  with so little else as an agenda, there might be some progress wth the voice to Parliament and working on the Uluru statement in this term.

Maybe.

The government with Peter Dutton (who boycotted the apology) 

I can't describe the women in this vid.... but to me what it says is the dumbing down of education in the US is having an effect... its amazes me that so mamny people these days refuse to accept facts that they don't like...

1 hour ago, Midfielder said:

I can't describe the women in this vid.... but to me what it says is the dumbing down of education in the US is having an effect... its amazes me that so mamny people these days refuse to accept facts that they don't like...

I seen a thing on abc breakfast the other morning they interviewed some trump voter on the street she said “illegal immigrants are coming in ruining the country and being paid by Bezos and Hollywood”

They are nutters while it’s easy to laugh at them from a far we have our fair share over here 

This is the problem with democracy they should just put me in charge 

It's because Bezos owns the Washington Post which is critical of Trump.

Bezos does own Amazon, a community destroying, taxpayer fund draining, anti-union parasite that destroys the souls & bodies of the workers that made Bezos a billionaire, but she got the right answer from the wrong direction.

Anyone buying anything from that **** deserves their place as a worker drone in our dystopian future.

2 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Rupert Murdoch loses face and money yet again. 

Heather Mills wins settlement over News of the World phone-hacking scandal http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-09/heather-mills-wins-settlement-news-of-the-world-phone-hacking/11293694

Thats odd, I didn’t think she had a leg to stand on

ill get my coat 

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

Thats odd, I didn’t think she had a leg to stand on

ill get my coat 

Yeah, you'd better leg it

19 hours ago, marron said:

Anyone buying anything from that **** deserves their place as a worker drone in our dystopian present.

fixed :good:

The hills are alive with the sound of music.....:)

50 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Bye to trolling for political purposes

Facebook to be fined $5bn for Cambridge Analytica privacy violations – reports https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/jul/12/facebook-fine-ftc-privacy-violations?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Although.....after reading that, it seems they gave a fine but didn’t fine tune the laws to prevent it...$5 billion dollars would be 20 bucks to a corporation like Facebook.....

So Scum bag Morrison has accepted an invitation to Dinner by the racist US President 

. Here's another view from the US

Trump tells Ocasio-Cortez and other female progressives to 'go back' to 'original' countries https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jul/14/trump-squad-tlaib-omar-pressley-ocasio-cortez?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

5 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Disunity amongst the Dems....from a week ago.

House approval of border bill triggers Democratic progressive-moderate split

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jul/07/house-border-bill-funding-democratic-progressive-moderate-split?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Disagreements from those on the left = disunity. Disagreement from those on the right = a broad church.

:D

Good point...Lol.

But I sense a generation gap returning...on both sides of politics over there?

Younger generation much more extreme...on both sides.

Interesting, but unsettling times...and I have no idea where this is all heading.

Pelosi is defending her centre-right corporate & billionaire sponsors from actual left wing policy.

2 hours ago, mack said:

uPelosi is defending her centre-right corporate & billionaire sponsors from actual left wing policy.

Yes...sure...but middle America isn't going to head in the direction of "the Squad" I don't think. Do you?

"They stumble that run (too) fast"

The democrats moving further right isn't going to win them anything.

No...but I don't know that heading further to the Left as represented by "The Squad" will either.

They seem to me to be in a mess.

For Mack and SB...and anyone else interested of course...

I wonder how long until he mentions Corbyn.

edit - Miracles!