International Current Affairs (#BidenIn)

23 hours ago, mack said:

Clearly, who best to pretend to be outraged about white supremacy than the first black american president.

Supremacy is white man's birth right. The whole idea of slavery and exploitation sits on that concept. Once you allow guys like Martin Luther King or Adam Goodes to claim the status of equals, the whole systems runs the risk of falling apart. That must not happen, and even American presidents with politically incorrect skin colour need to produce their birth certificate when white boys demand it.  

The world's best wall is currently built in that spirit. 

5 hours ago, FCB said:

Supremacy is white man's birth right. The whole idea of slavery and exploitation sits on that concept. Once you allow guys like Martin Luther King or Adam Goodes to claim the status of equals, the whole systems runs the risk of falling apart. That must not happen, and even American presidents with politically incorrect skin colour need to produce their birth certificate when white boys demand it.  

The world's best wall is currently built in that spirit. 

I have thought for a long time that the election of Trump is the result of the resentment of white people that a black man became president. 

All sorts of interesting statistics are coming out of the USA:

40,000 road deaths in 2016

40,000 gun related deaths in 2017

52,000 drug overdoses (17.500 prescription drugs) in 2015

20 war veterans committed suicide per day (!!!) in 2014

Three times more police officers committed suicide than were killed while on duty in 2018

45,000 Americans committed suicide in 2016

All those figures are on on rise. Sobering stuff.

1 hour ago, FCB said:

Three times more police officers committed suicide than were killed while on duty in 2018

50,000+ people from the 25+ million who have no health care, die every year from preventable disease/illness/injury because of a lack of health insurance

1 hour ago, FCB said:

Just to put that in perspective. The US has the highest death by gun rates in the OECD by a long shot, the second highest road deaths in the OECD, and has the 8th highest suicide rate in the OECD. (Per 100 000 people). 

They also have the 6th highest income inequality in the OECD. So even though they have the most extremely wealthy people, they also have the poorest (in the OECD).

I’d like to know why they consider themselves the best country in the world. 

42 minutes ago, Cynth said:

Just to put that in perspective. The US has the highest death by gun rates in the OECD by a long shot, the second highest road deaths in the OECD, and has the 8th highest suicide rate in the OECD. (Per 100 000 people). 

They also have the 6th highest income inequality in the OECD. So even though they have the most extremely wealthy people, they also have the poorest (in the OECD).

47 minutes ago, Cynth said:

I might be operating on stereotypical notions, but I think they are very insular... and fairly uninformed about most other parts of the world. Plus they are egotistical ... stemming from their power, for a significant period of time.

Also, many  seem defensive and not very self critical.

It's a good question. 

56 minutes ago, Cynth said:

For the same reasons many Australians,Indians,Chinese,English.....etc would think the same thing . Nationalism. I am not one of those that has to drape myself in a flag or colour myself in national colours to respect where I am from and realise that we are not perfect.I'm reminded of a song by VSpy VSpy with the opening lines....

"Well there's nothing good
In morbid nationalism
I got a cynical attitude
About patriotism

Sums up how I feel.

1 hour ago, Cynth said:

There's plenty of correlation between most of those things in the developed world.

Sad!

Huge story this...as mentioned  a few weeks ago.

Attorney-General 'appalled' after disgraced financier Epstein found dead
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-10/jeffrey-epstein-found-dead-in-jail-cell/11402808

Only a day or so ago, Prince Andrew was named by one of the victims...although his name has been linked to JE for a long while...as have so many others of the rich and famous, including Clinton and Trump.

This goes so far beyond politics. There was a document release yesterday that started to name names. Senators, business people etc. There are more documents to come. Many rich people on both sides and in the community with a lot to lose. Whether he suicided or was murdered is irrelevant. Certainly it was a preventable death that took place in a federal prison under the jurisdiction of the Department of Justice. And now the DOJ want to do their own enquiry. Meanwhile the president is tweeting out conspiracy theories that the Clintons did it! 

The talk of an “elite” pedophile ring has been long talked of. They won’t go down easily. 

More than likely just another one of many suspicious deaths and incidents over more than a century that those with power and connections (including to the intelligence services) will pretend they had no part in - and the media will downplay. it is often said that we should learn from history, but the survivors and winners write it - and not always truthfully! Anyone with a bit more intelligence and appreciation of the frailties of history who questions the standard account, is dismissed as being a 'conspiracy theorist'.

If some major incident occurs that is 'an extremely fortunate occurrence' for some, be it a car crash (e.g. Princess Diana and Jörg Haider), an outright assassination (e.g. the Kennedys) or tragic event  (e.g. the sinking of the Lusitania) you have every right to be circumspect in swallowing the official line.

• mack changed the title to International Current Affairs (#BidenIn)
  • mack locked this topic