Sign in to follow this  
wendybr

International Current Affairs (Not A Politics Thread) LOL

Seems a slight concession by the govt...but the protester s have 4 more demands. They probably will want to push for more than just the meeting of one demand.

Time will tell.

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

8 hours ago, FCB said:

A response of substance. We'll done, you. I stand corrected. 

Didn't want you wasting your time on articles that were 10 years old that's all.

2 hours ago, Bones said:

Didn't want you wasting your time on articles that were 10 years old that's all.

Spoken with the conviction and honesty of Boris Johnson. 

9 hours ago, wendybr said:

Some interesting off the cuff perspectives here...

Can't think of anyone more articulate and intellectually sharp tbh.

No way I’m clicking on that, imagine what it will do to my YouTube history and recommendations 

People who watched this May Be interested in...

- the best of Jeremy Clarksons racist jokes

- Carl Benjamin 

- Miranda Devine Q and A highlights 

- Hitlers Miekampf 

- Coldplay

Ill leave 

Peterson, who describes himself as a “professor against political correctness”

alone thanks 

A far greater mind speculates on how the no deal Brexit planners intended to solve the border issue 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/aug/18/has-boris-johnson-hatched-a-cunning-no-deal-brexit-plan-stewart-lee?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Edited by StringerBellend

12 hours ago, FCB said:

Spoken with the conviction and honesty of Boris Johnson. 

Don't get salty, salty Germans is what started WW2.

14 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

No way I’m clicking on that, imagine what it will do to my YouTube history and recommendations 

People who watched this May Be interested in...

- the best of Jeremy Clarksons racist jokes

- Carl Benjamin 

- Miranda Devine Q and A highlights 

- Hitlers Miekampf 

- Coldplay

Ill leave 

Peterson, who describes himself as a “professor against political correctness”

alone thanks 

I find Peterson VERY hard going to listen to and watch, so I don't after trying out the first few Wendy posted.

Edited by Erimus

Edited by FCB

Jacob Rees-Mogg in parliament this week during an important Brexit debate...having a nap on the front bench...

rees-mogg-lying-down.jpg?w968

Edited by Erimus

Boris, trump junior,  could give the UK a constitutional crisis almost like 1975 in Australia 

Boris Johnson 'will be forced from power if he defies no-deal law' https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/07/boris-johnson-could-trigger-constitutional-crisis-over-brexit-law?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Is lonely stood on the once crowded moderate centre ground of politics :( Loonies to the left and loonies to the right..:( Boris or Corbyn **** me. Liberals and Greens even more **** me....I honestly have no idea who I would vote for in a UK general election....

17 minutes ago, Erimus said:

Is lonely stood on the once crowded moderate centre ground of politics :( Loonies to the left and loonies to the right..:( Boris or Corbyn **** me. Liberals and Greens even more **** me....I honestly have no idea who I would vote for in a UK general election....

:grouphug:

11 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Boris, trump junior,  could give the UK a constitutional crisis almost like 1975 in Australia 

Boris Johnson 'will be forced from power if he defies no-deal law' https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/07/boris-johnson-could-trigger-constitutional-crisis-over-brexit-law?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

I had a chuckle at the names of one of the pro Brexit protest groups..."The Democratic Football Lads Alliance".....:D.....!

(Is it just me or does any party or association with the words "Democratic" in it sound a bit suss....lol.)

1 minute ago, sonar said:

I had a chuckle at the names of one of the pro Brexit protest groups..."The Democratic Football Lads Alliance".....:D.....!

(Is it just me or does any party or association with the words "Democratic" in it sound a bit suss....lol.)

The Monster Raving Loony Party are probably the most moderate centrist British political party these days 

lord-sutch-monster-raving-looney-party-x

56 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Boris on skids by the look of it

Brexit: Amber Rudd says no evidence Boris Johnson trying to get deal with EU – live news https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2019/sep/08/brexit-boris-johnson-amber-rudd-resignation-live-news?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Amber Rudd was at the heart of the windrush scandal and was forced to resign as Home Secretary.  In a later investigation it was found that unnamed advisers mislead her (yeah righto) and so came back to the front bench. Her partner financially backed the remain campaign, she has always been a square peg in a round hole.

A talented politician, but not popular in the UK or within factions of her own party. Boris won't loose sleep about Amber moving on and the purge of the moderates in the Conservative party will continue, as will the lurch further to the right. 

Dominic Cummings is the main adviser to Boris, he was the Brexit leave campaign manager. He has been described as a man who relishes a fight and is only happy when he has people to fight, including with people within the party he works for. This is a deliberate purge.

Edited by Erimus

On 04/09/2019 at 5:28 PM, FCB said:

As we are looking at the 70th anniversary of ww2: there are plenty of articles out there that the UK started the war, or the Polish with their hatred towards the Germans, that Nazi Germany had to attack the Soviet union as a preventative measure. And the Holocaust on *****, the civilian polish and soviet populations as well as the Soviet army did not happen. 

That'll be free speech for you. Ignorance, arrogance, fear, lack of education, and stupidity rules. Just like in 1939 and 1914.  

As we are quite slow learners, collectively: maybe human kind will have to do it all over again. Just that this time Poland would be nuked by the Yanks (instead of invaded by the Germans and Russians), and all the rest with it. As the current president of the USA was only recently publicly musing the use of an atomic bomb to disrupt a hurricane: it appears the lunatics have well and truly taken over the asylum. Anything is possible these days. 

Free speech = nothing is too stupid any longer to not be said. As Rudy Guiliani explained: the truth is not the truth. Hitler would have quite a chuckle. 

Wait what?

2 hours ago, sonar said:

Yeah...I think I have encountered "The Democratic Football Lads Alliance" at Millwall :ninja: 

OK could have gone in the joke thread... anywho ... enjoy..

Elon Musk to help pay for his Mars mission built a robot to be used in pubs and clubs.

The Robot will make you a drink and then talk to you at your level.

So this bloke decides to test the Robot so he goes up to the Robot and orders a drink, the drink was perfect so the Robot asks the bloke his IQ and the bloke says its 165, and the Robot starts talking about D & A sequencing, quantum mechanics, astrophysics, the new fuel supply in Spacex's new Raptor rocket engines.

Impressed the next day the same bloke goes to the bar and asks the Robot for a different drink which the Robot makes perfectly, the Robot asks whats your IQ and the bloke says 95. The Robot then starts talking about sport, shopping, how he would like a better job.

Hugely impressed the next day the bloke goes and  asks for a new drink which the Robot makes perfectly again, and the Robot say whats your IQ, the Bloke replies 45…. And the Robot says voting for Trump again…

4 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Pfffft!

<Shakes head>

“ Peterson, the controversial academic, has launched a new anti-censorship website that will only take down offensive content if specifically ordered to by a US court.

The psychology professor from Toronto said that Carl Benjamin, the failed Ukip MEP candidate who speculated about raping the Labour MP Jess Phillips, had agreed to test the subscription-only site, named Thinkspot.“

shakes Head 

not defending Milo

but if you want your PC gone mad, free speech above all else world then I’m not sure how he is deciding 

Edited by StringerBellend

46 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

How’s he any worse than the others that the professor against PC supports? 

Hey I wasn’t  comparing. I do believe in free speech protections to a certain degree though. But if you abuse your platform I don’t give damn if you lose it. Milo is an example of that. 

19 minutes ago, Cynth said:

Hey I wasn’t  comparing. I do believe in free speech protections to a certain degree though. But if you abuse your platform I don’t give damn if you lose it. Milo is an example of that. 

Fair point I was  stirring Wendy. 

Which I shouldn’t do,

he’s a totally odious individual and I totally agree with you