Sign in to follow this  
wendybr

International Current Affairs (Not A Politics Thread) LOL

On 25/01/2020 at 5:18 PM, Cynth said:

What a shame that America will lose its very soul this week when they acquit Trump. Well done to Adam Schiff for doing an amazing job. Someone will look back one day and know that he tried to save their nation. :search:

Mr. Wild Eyes should have known  about the inevitability of the Trumpster's acquittal. Can't these idiots add up and see there was no chance of Trump being found guilty - waste of time and will only enhance Trump's election  chances.

As far as Nancy Pelosi  goes I recall from my learning Italian lessons that Pelosi means " hairy ". Appropriate in that she took a hairy , ridiculous path that was doomed to failure.

I thought Bill Clinton had more chance of being impeached after the Monica Lewinsky and the Paula Jones evidence. Should have been an open and shut case ( no pun intended). 

Anyway let's see if Trump  gets re-elected later this year.

The Dems never took on impeachment expecting conviction in the senate. NEVER. The reality was that ignoring yet further corruption on top of all the evidence already in the public domain would have looked like condoning his corruption and looking weak and helpless. They did what was right rather than politically wise. It is what it is. 

The election will be hard to win, there is every expectation that it will be even more tainted than 2016 and with the addition with unreadable electronic voting machines with a dubious bunch of notable investors. The US have now made themselves no better than the corrupted governments in Central America that they criticise. I say leave Trump to continue blowing out the deficit. No barriers. Big ugly falling down border walls and all. They deserve the consequences they get. 

2 hours ago, mack said:

fixed that for you

Give me a case (s) where under the Trump administration the CIA have put governments in power in coups in Central America.

In fact the greatest blatant obscene  example of CIA backed interference in that adjacent area was the disastrous attempted Bay of Pigs invasion of Cuba sanctioned by JFK  who was ............ A DEMOCRAT !

3 hours ago, Cynth said:

The Dems never took on impeachment expecting conviction in the senate. NEVER. The reality was that ignoring yet further corruption on top of all the evidence already in the public domain would have looked like condoning his corruption and looking weak and helpless. They did what was right rather than politically wise. It is what it is. 

The election will be hard to win, there is every expectation that it will be even more tainted than 2016 and with the addition with unreadable electronic voting machines with a dubious bunch of notable investors. The US have now made themselves no better than the corrupted governments in Central America that they criticise. I say leave Trump to continue blowing out the deficit. No barriers. Big ugly falling down border walls and all. They deserve the consequences they get. 

Oh no it had to come " The Great Unreadable Electronic Voting Machine " conspiracy.

The Australian pencil and paper election system is so much better (?) . Where on the election day it is possible for someone to vote at every polling booth in the electorate.

Would n't come to light until after votes are counted and how do you prove who did it and which party do you take the votes off ?

I recall the old Labor cry " Comrades , don't forget to vote early and often"

I was talking about the US in general, not just under Trump. There are a litany of coups in Central America. Grenada (invaded), Panama (invaded), Haiti, Nicaragua, El Salvador, on and on, Honduras (the original Banana Republic).

As for Trump and his administration, they planned a military invasion and then pushed a failed coup in Venezuela. They managed managed to successfully get a coup in Bolivia so the US has better access to lithium mines.

8 minutes ago, mack said:

I was talking about the US in general, not just under Trump. There are a litany of coups in Central America. Grenada (invaded), Panama (invaded), Haiti, Nicaragua, El Salvador, on and on, Honduras (the original Banana Republic).

As for Trump and his administration, they planned a military invasion and then pushed a failed coup in Venezuela. They managed managed to successfully get a coup in Bolivia so the US has better access to lithium mines.

Oh the US in general including Democrat presidents.

The Venezuela and Bolivia claims are not fully correct and were more popular uprising against the spivs running the country , especially the Bolivia case.

Too complicated and boring to go fully go into here.

20 minutes ago, mack said:

......I'll add Ferdinand  Marcos

1 hour ago, theseeker said:

Oh no it had to come " The Great Unreadable Electronic Voting Machine " conspiracy.

The Australian pencil and paper election system is so much better (?) . Where on the election day it is possible for someone to vote at every polling booth in the electorate.

Would n't come to light until after votes are counted and how do you prove who did it and which party do you take the votes off ?

I recall the old Labor cry " Comrades , don't forget to vote early and often"

https://www.salon.com/2019/08/24/is-a-nationally-widespread-new-voting-system-ready-for-the-2020-elections_partner/

Enjoy. I could post multiple long articles going over the concerns about machine marked voting and barcode reading but I’m not really interested in going in circles with your predictable responses. 

A history lesson.

I once landed in Iran for a fuel stop many years ago going to see the grandparents. It was my first sight of a machine gun.

This story shows the Tory toffs in the UK were the actual cause of Iran-US tensions

Ever wondered why the US is involved in Iran? Let us explain http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-06/us-iran-explained/11854676

What did Iran expect? To be able to use their nations own resources to benefit their own people?

Don't they know you're meant to gift the resources to billionaires and let them profit shift the income to Singapore so they can avoid paying tax in their own country?

2 minutes ago, mack said:

What did Iran expect? To be able to use their nations own resources to benefit their own people?

Don't they know you're meant to gift the resources to billionaires and let them profit shift the income to Singapore so they can avoid paying tax in their own country?

I had heard that Whitlam was also at looking at nationalising some industries and the Brits (including the Queen) were very unhappy about it. So they supported the overthrow by the Governor-General

On 06/02/2020 at 6:00 PM, Cynth said:

The Democrats are a mess, as much as the Labour party in the UK, Bernie Sanders is as bad as Corbyn, The Democrats would have been better spending the last 3 or 4 months looking inwards at themselves and how they rebuild rather than going on an unwinnable corruption crusade, as noble as this might seem. I hate Trump and want him gone badly but the Democrats make me want to puke, they blame everyone but themselves and have an inability to learn lessons from the last election  'we didn't lose it, it was all Russia's fault' lol

Rebecca Long-Baily who is vying to be the next Labour leader was a head Corbynista. They got destroyed in the polls in the heaviest defeat since the 1930's and still she stands by the Corbyn manifesto because she believes it is 'ahead of its time' and that people will realise they were right lol It is this kind of delusion that is rife in the left in the UK and America these days.

And then you have Nancy Pelosi, absolutely dreadful and a gift to Trump. The shot of her ripping up Trumps speech behind him was just cringe-worthy, I would say she has lost the plot but I don't think she has ever had it. The Democrats need to get rid of her asap.

The Democrats are heading for a Labour style trouncing and will deserve the consequences they get.

Edited by Smoggy

33 minutes ago, mack said:

Louise O'Reilly Sinn Fein elected on first count.

I don’t know if anyone is following this. Yesterday they announced that the Justice department was recommending a 7-9 year sentence for Roger Stone (Trump’s corrupted friend who helped him with the Wikileaks stuff), next thing, Trump tweets that it’s outrageous and he won’t stand for it and the Justice department then announce they are recommending a lesser sentence. Now two attorneys working on the case have resigned from the case. Corruption in plain sight now. An AG directly doing the presidents bidding. This is what I meant by America now being like the Central American corrupted governments they criticise.

37 minutes ago, Cynth said:

Meanwhile.....

Desperate stunt by the Democrat rabble.

Two election security bills passed unanimously by the Senate mid last year.

How many bites at the cherry do these Democrat turkeys want.

55 minutes ago, theseeker said:

Desperate stunt by the Democrat rabble.

Two election security bills passed unanimously by the Senate mid last year.

How many bites at the cherry do these Democrat turkeys want.

As many as it takes to secure the elections of the the United States? 

It’s unbelievable when you put all of it together just how big a crook the US pit in the White House!