wendybr

International Current Affairs (Trump Sackwatch)

3 hours ago, pseudonym said:

I just read that expecting to get to the end and a conclusion or a reference to the start or something ....

But all he/she did was stop writing as if stopping to go for a leak or whatever and not bothering to come back and finish the article.

On 20/10/2020 at 2:10 PM, Paul01 said:

Maybe we could try and predict at what point he'll have a dummy spit and walk out....a bit like Baumjohann bingo !!

1 minute ago, MartinTyler said:

Maybe we could try and predict at what point he'll have a dummy spit and walk out....a bit like Baumjohann bingo !!

Before the debate is my tip 😉

1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

Before the debate is my tip 😉

Don't know why they are having another debate; neither of them is going to say anything earth shatteringly new

lol.........

Sacha Baron Cohen
@SachaBaronCohen
· Oct 25
Donald—I appreciate the free publicity for Borat! I admit, I don’t find you funny either. But yet the whole world laughs at you.

I’m always looking for people to play racist buffoons, and you’ll need a job after Jan. 20. Let’s talk!

https://hollywoodlife.com/2020/10/24/donald-trump-sacha-baron-cohen-borat-prank/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Interesting 

Doesn't really matter. She'll be right there to help steal the election for trump if required, and will be right there to put the country back 60 years.

Saw this on another forum. I'll post it here to save Wendy the trouble.

And this is the usual "stupid american" bit but the woman at the end is just amazing, wanting to move to Costa Rica of all places to avoid commie Biden.

6 minutes ago, mack said:

Saw this on another forum. I'll post it here to save Wendy the trouble.

Did you ONLY  post  this to save me the trouble?

Or does what he says have some merit this time, Mack?

😁😁

If you say so.

Doesn't  mean he isn't right tho.

Yes this is a sporting question in this thread.

The answers I get will feed theme of the thread with a latter post.

Question

Under the reign of the Lowy family during the A-L period did FFA do anything right ?????

If so a lot or a little or somewhere inbetween

Let me guess he goes on about trump being a nob but somewhere near the end puts it on the left by taking a small example of something that is clearly stupid 

I quite like the guy in interviews (he’ll be chuffed to know) his writer is a Weapons grade  nob jockey of the highest order though 

and no I’m not watching it 

I could watch it and hate it or I can save 5 mins and just hate it 

Edited by StringerBellend

1 hour ago, Midfielder said:

Question

Under the reign of the Lowy family during the A-L period did FFA do anything right ?????

Asian Cup. Bought in the Wanderers.

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

and no I’m not watching it 

I could watch it and hate it or I can save 5 mins and just hate it 

This.

10 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Question

8 hours ago, mack said:

Asian Cup. Bought in the Wanderers.

Thanks mack

For all the issues, troubles, attacks on SBS, lack of defending home end fans, inability to expand the board and we could fill the page with errors, ... not everything FFA they did and everything FFA said, was wrong nor poor ... yes to continue, salary cap, no transfer fess [OMG the Mariners could have used these over the years], no P & R... I get it the hand over from father to son ... let me stop there so many old war wounds get discussed in a thread no designed for an Australian Football discussion.

But, getting us into Asia, getting the media deals, getting to world cups ... massive expansion of the player base... 

Now to my point, hopefully tiring this post to the theme of this threat.

The US has been involved in countless wars, countless overthrows of governments and made especially in the Middle East some terrible mistakes...

However they have led the world in democracy, had a civil war over slavery, have championed a free press, have championed personal freedoms... their arts in music and film, have inspired many world over...

Trump attacking the key institutions and creating an in-would looking America openly dealing with  people like Putin and creating doubt with the US of the election process, is an attack on the world... essentially the soft power the US enjoyed, and the power of freedom and independence that drives that sift power is fading fast...

I hope Trumps get smashed ...  

Like this

And this shows the problem of Covid-19 in the US and the stark difference facing the US electorate 

I don’t know who is going to win that election. The polls show a landslide to Biden but the analysts don’t predict that, they see an undercurrent of hidden Trump voters again.

If Trump wins, we may as well let go of any of the world order that we know. He will be insular and the propaganda of his image and his achievements will dominate over truth and facts and the reality of people’s lives. 

If he loses, there will be a protracted legal battle that will continue to undermine their economy, all for Trumps ego.  

No winners there. 

1 minute ago, Cynth said:

I don’t know who is going to win that election. The polls show a landslide to Biden but the analysts don’t predict that, they see an undercurrent of hidden Trump voters again.

If Trump wins, we may as well let go of any of the world order that we know. He will be insular and the propaganda of his image and his achievements will dominate over truth and facts and the reality of people’s lives. 

If he loses, there will be a protracted legal battle that will continue to undermine their economy, all for Trumps ego.  

No winners there. 

They were hurt at the last election. They have all adjusted their models to account for Trump cronies 

17 minutes ago, Cynth said:

No winners there. 

I think @Paul01 is correct in that the pollsters may be overstating the Trump vote. They got burnt in 2016 and have weighted polls to correct it. The turnout is going to be massive. I get the feeling a lot of people from all walks of life want the orange one gone and will vote to make it happen. Corona will be Trumps undoing.

There is a very strong chance the Dems will win both the house and Senate. Biden has promised a commission into the Supreme Court to report within 6 months. My understanding is it a precursor to reform so the court reflects the actual law not a party line of the judges. Time will tell. 

Edited by sonar

1 hour ago, Cynth said:

I don't think you can call today's Trump voters "Shrinking violets". Perhaps the silent ones will be voting for Biden this time around

Media reports have republican supporters for over a week hounding a democratic election bus and then starting to ram it and stop it in Texas .... the bus has called the Texas police numerous times for help but no help or support or even reports are being taken.. [the Texas police support Trump]...

The bus left and Trump treated a picture of the bus leaving with the post ... I love Texas....

Trump at a rally had the crowd chanting """ 12 more years""" also he continues with his claims the election is rigged he has convinced up to 40% of the population to have no faith in elections ... and let the courts decide when he has stacked the courts with supporters...

Also in Texas the Supreme court allowed boxes to set up where people could drive by and cast their vote .... the republicans have appealed and a republican recently appointed state judge has allowed the appeal and will give his decision on Monday lunch time... if he rules the votes can not be made that day the estimated 187K votes cast will not be counted and its suspected most of these votes are for democrats ...

In my entire life and reading of history.... everything points to a small power elite now in charge in the US who want power so much they will destroy democracy in the US and that will effect the world...

Add into the equation Boris Johnston in the UK where another pack of lies and attempts to change voting systems and these are very scary time...

How its happening and people are allowing it IMO is largely down to the fourth estate ... especially News .... Newspapers and subscription networks which are considered mainstream actually according to James Murdoch deliberately putting out fake information and destabilising information is helping a lot...

You could argue  that Fox's support for Trump and news support for Brexit is what has allowed them to function.

Kevin Rudd has a petition out for a Royal Commission into News in Australia and now News are starting to go after him... 

Two things sign the petition and secondly take with a grain of salt any bad news articles / stories News will publish about Rudd over the next few years.

38 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Two things sign the petition and secondly take with a grain of salt any bad news articles / stories News will publish about Rudd over the next few years.

You mean like the massive beat-up about the Epstein-Rudd link which Rudd countered with this gem: https://www.facebook.com/MrKRudd/posts/10159330261657269

I like the last paragraph personally

image.png.28f565003b98afbfc0c08c36a580fa96.png