Jump to content
wendybr

International Current Affairs (Trump Sackwatch)

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Wendy

I don't think that the Tea Party Republicans and the Trumpians will let the nightmare go. They will claim forever that the election was stolen from them. 

I would recommend you watch last night's Planet America: Fireside Chat if you haven't already. The most enlightening bit on Trump was when they interviewed Bob Woodward on Trump. During that interview it was said that Trump was told in the most serious tone possible the Covìd-19 pandemic would be the most devastating event to threaten his presidency. And he didn't listen so he becomes the first one-term president in decades.

Will watch on iview- I usually do, but couldn't last night.

You're no doubt correct, but MAYBE, if those proclaiming  everything they don't want to hear "fake news" aren't actually doing it from the White House, it will have a little less potency.

 

 

Maybe.

Share this post


Link to post

With the Democrats on the way back I hope they know how to win well...

They have taken as many wrong turns as the UK Labour party over recent years. They became niche, elitist and not a party people could relate with.  I am UK labour and would consider myself a Dem..if I was American I just wouldn't have voted in the last election before this one. They take some part in why Trump came to power..

There will be pressure on President Kamala.....ooppss I mean Biden.......here's hoping the Dems can heal and bring the country together.

Edited by Smoggy

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, wendybr said:

Will watch on iview- I usually do, but couldn't last night.

You're no doubt correct, but MAYBE, if those proclaiming  everything they don't want to hear "fake news" aren't actually doing it from the White House, it will have a little less potency.

 

 

Maybe.

What’s your mates view on this (the Miranda Devine with a MacBook Pro one)

The original and still the best Miranda Devine has written a well considered and balanced article of her usual standards of Journalism 

She’s  a mentalist

Edited by StringerBellend

Share this post


Link to post

Fox News seem to be the only major media outlet calling Arizona for Biden, which is weird looking at the results coming in.

Trump needs roughly 57% of the remaining votes to win, he received 58.6% of the last 30k votes counted and it steadily closing the gap.

Meanwhile in Pennsylvania Biden is ahead, is pulling away and Trump needs 59% of the remaining votes yet only got 35% of the last 30k votes counted.

They’re up to something shifty.

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Davo said:

Fox News seem to be the only major media outlet calling Arizona for Biden, which is weird looking at the results coming in.

Trump needs roughly 57% of the remaining votes to win, he received 58.6% of the last 30k votes counted and it steadily closing the gap.

Meanwhile in Pennsylvania Biden is ahead, is pulling away and Trump needs 59% of the remaining votes yet only got 35% of the last 30k votes counted.

They’re up to something shifty.

Surely depends on the ward within that state that is being counted and if the majority come from within a ward area. Major city suburban areas will be heavily tipped towards Biden. 

Either way its all over and Trump should concede.

I agree that Arizona was called too early..but isn't going to matter.

Edited by Smoggy

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Surely depends on the ward within that state that is being counted and if the majority come from within a ward area. Major city suburban areas will be heavily tipped towards Biden. 

Either way its all over and Trump should concede.

I agree that Arizona was called too early..but isn't going to matter.

Yep. A bit like electorates here, where in my electorate it is split between the sane people east of the Northern Rd and the rogue and insane elements of Penrith and Emu plains to the west.:ninja:

:D

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, sonar said:

Yep. A bit like electorates here, where in my electorate it is split between the sane people east of the Northern Rd and the rogue and insane elements of Penrith and Emu plains to the west.:ninja:

:D

Thankfully i am sufficiently far enough away from the Hills District looney left type's....

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

Thankfully i am sufficiently far enough away from the Hills District looney left type's....

Hills District Looney left??

I wish!  :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Hills District Looney left??

I wish!  :rofl:

Well, you live in the Hills, your a leftie and your definitely a looney, whether that fits the regional demographic or not is neither here not there lol

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

Well, you live in the Hills, your a leftie and your definitely a looney, whether that fits the regional demographic or not is neither here not there lol

:angel:

 

 

 

:lol::lol:

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, pseudonym said:

 

Vote Yorkshire Independence Party :good: We don’t need to go with Northumberland...******* splitters...

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, wendybr said:

Hills District Looney left??

I wish!  :rofl:

Hills District = north shore wannabes 

*runs*

 

four wheel drive Volvo tastic 

Edited by StringerBellend

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Hills District = north shore wannabes 

*runs*

 

Religious nut jobs four wheel drive Volvo tastic 

Corrected

Share this post


Link to post

Weird/scary how Murdoch press has turned the editorial line on a dime isn't it. What a bunch of ******* shills that mob are, to overnight just follow the direction from above which now says that Trump needs to go quietly. Yes boss Mr Sir! Copy coming right up. All those broadcasters and journos who have repeated lie after lie for the last 4 years are now pretending that this lie is important and they need to tell the truth.

Also slightly dystopian is the idea of them  basically communicating directly to Trump through his television screen. Forget their audience, they are talking directly to him -

"President Trump needs to do it with the same grace and composure he demonstrated at that town hall with Savannah Guthrie. So many people remarked about his tone and presence. Exactly what he needs.

Now losing, especially when you believe the process wasn’t fair, it’s a gut punch. And I’m not conceding anything tonight by the way. But losing, if that’s what happens – it’s awful. But president Trump’s legacy will only become more significant if he focuses on moving the country forward."

It's like a parent on the sidelines after the the kid has swung out. "Remember Savannah Donny? Remember that? You were so good, everybody said so! Just like a real President they said! That's what you've got to do now. Be the President again one last time!".

Kinda reminds me of that scene in the Truman Show where Ed Harris finally breaks down and turns on the mic and starts talking to Truman. He's been controlling him the whole time and thinks he can talk him back from the edge. Following that parallel, strap yourself in to see Donny boy baricading himself in the Oval Office. They might succeed in talking the rest of the nation down though, or at least, the ones who aren't fully blown nutjobs, and there's a fair few of them. But it might be enough. Which, yeah, nice job, but that's also a nice reminder of just how impactful these ****ers are.

 

(For reference:

 

 

)

Edited by marron

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, mack said:

 

Err is someone going to tell them 

Share this post


Link to post

Reminds me of this from a few months back.

Quote

In a tweet sent to the RATM guitarist, the person — who has since deleted their account — told Morello that they “used to be a fan until your political opinions come [sic] out”.

“Music is my sanctuary and the last thing I want to hear is political BS when I’m listening to music,” the deleted tweet read. “As far as I’m concerned you and Pink are completely done. Keep running your mouth and ruining your fan base.”

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Corrected

 

Bugger off with Volvo's and Hills District stereotypes.

I drive a Mazda BT50. :)

Edited by Wanderboy

Share this post


Link to post

Trump Plans To Barricade Himself In The Oval Office

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Trump Plans To Barricade Himself In The Oval Office

 

 

Hahaha!

It's funny because it's true.

Share this post


Link to post

Just visualised Trump being dragged out of the oval office, hanging on to the desk...dragged across the floor and then hanging on the door :D 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

Just visualised Trump being dragged out of the oval office, hanging on to the desk...dragged across the floor and then hanging on the door :D 

What would be even funnier is they show it live on prime time tv.....:D

Share this post


Link to post

One for Smoggy

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...