wendybr

International Current Affairs (Trump Sackwatch)

1 hour ago, sonar said:

Did I say the Dems were flawless.? Did I say Trump had no flaws...?

Neither did Middy say anything to warrant your earlier accusatory response!

3 hours ago, Midfielder said:

ED

Trump is totally unpredictable, but he has appointed loyal Trump supporters and placed them in charge of the militarily, like many things Trump has done its never been done before... and the guy he fired refused to instruct the US militarily to get involved in the BLM and other protest saying it can't happen.

The bigger question is why ... no one has any idea but the justice department is actively trying to act in Trumps interest...    

I am scared of what Trump might do... and angry at the Dems for putting up Biden who should have won in a landslide but he is an old corporate wall street leader ... who's only real policy was I am not Trump...

Sorry if it appeared I was trying to counter your concerns. While not at your level, I do share your suspicions.  I was just commenting on the lack of similar observations by the US commentators.  Have they considered such possibilities?  Or are they just declining to mention them?

Just now, Edinburgh said:

Neither did Middy say anything to warrant your earlier accusatory response!

....and pray tell what accusatory response was that Ed...?

Like the conservatives in Australia......whats best for the party before country.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/10/trump-georgia-senate-runoff-435786

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/10/trump-legal-strategy-election-435853

Simply put, the party needs President Donald Trump’s help to clinch two runoff elections in Georgia on Jan. 5 that will determine the fate of the Senate GOP’s majority. And accepting the presidential results ahead of Trump, a politician driven by loyalty, could put Republicans at odds with the president and his core supporters amid the must-win elections down South.

On Tuesday, most GOP senators continued to support Trump’s legal fights against his electoral losses, despite no evidence of the widespread voting malfeasance that Trump claims has swung tens of thousands of votes to Biden in multiple states. That’s because when the presidential election is finally certified, Republicans hope that Trump will put on his red jersey this winter and help deliver his conservative base for Georgia’s Republican senators, David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler.

Edited by sonar

43 minutes ago, sonar said:

....and pray tell what accusatory response was that Ed...?

2 hours ago, sonar said:

:rofl:.... Biden WON.,....

Firstly the US is not Australia and how they elect is totally different to here.

Secondly I'll happily pay for your airfare to the US so you can go and tell all the voters of Trump in the Republican states and in Democrat states how wrong they are. All 70 million of them.

Thirdly, Both Clinton and Biden won the popular vote. Clinton by 3 M and Biden will win by at least 5 M or more.

.Biden flipped RED states.....Michigan, Wisconsin,Pennsylvania,Arizona,Georgia,Nevada. He will win 306 to 232 in the electoral college votes. The same as what Trump achieved when he won. Trump called it a landslide.

The electoral college is what gave Trump the Presidency.

Ed.....lol

The accusations I made are.....?

So the upshot is I made no accusatory remarks against Trumpy ( sorry Midi ) at all.  Gotcha.

Edited by sonar

Popular vote 2016 election....

Donald J. Trump Republican 62,980,160

Hillary R. Clinton Democratic 65,845,063

Popular vote 2020

Joe Biden77,271,279  votes50.8%

Donald trump 72,182,379 47.4%

States won by Biden....( or on current votes predicted to go to Dems ) 

Arizona.Georgia,Nebraska 2,Pennsylvania,Nevada,Wisconsin,Michigan

Guess I'll have to stop making accusations based on facts.

2 hours ago, sonar said:

I believe its now 0-12 on the lawsuits,  as well as the fact that the guy who reported that a postmaster in Erie Pennsylvania told his team to back date ballots has rescinded his sworn avidavit. He has admitted to making it up 

What a faaarrrkin chunt.

Our minnow with the inflated ego, says he's looking forward to solving all the world's problems...oh well...except the biggest one of all....which he doesn't think exists.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/scott-morrison-phones-joe-biden-says-he-s-looking-forward-to-facing-the-world-s-many-challenges-together?cid=newsapp:socialshare:other

I know all sense says the election is over...

But Trump is such a random son of a bitch I still half expect him to pull something out of the hat at the 11th hour...anyone else get that small nagging feeling ? 

10 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

But Trump is such a random son of a bitch I still half expect him to pull something out of the hat at the 11th hour...anyone else get that small nagging feeling ? 

If he trys anything it will be via the Electoral College where he may get Repub states (who elected Biden) to send a different set ( Repub ) of electors to the vote to confirm who won. If it does happen. There will be a lot of pressure on state govenors of repub states to do just that.

These c***s will try everything and anything to usurp democracy.

Edited by sonar

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

On 11/11/2020 at 11:03 AM, Midfielder said:

According to CNN, Trump is sacking Pentagon leaders and appointing Trump loyalist in their place... he has already stacked the supreme court ...

He has created a cult like following and many within his cult have guns... add to this many police departments heads support him...

His party officials are now all falling behind him...

I am starting to get scared ...

On 11/11/2020 at 1:25 PM, Midfielder said:

^^^^^^^^^^

MUST WATCH ....

On 11/11/2020 at 1:39 PM, Edinburgh said:

I take it you are concerned Trump is getting ready for domestic action to keep the presidency?  Dare I say a coup?

Interesting that the commentators in that video only speculated/spoke about possible international related actions involving countries such as Afghanistan, Iran and Iraq.

On 11/11/2020 at 3:11 PM, Midfielder said:

ED

Trump is totally unpredictable, but he has appointed loyal Trump supporters and placed them in charge of the militarily, like many things Trump has done its never been done before... and the guy he fired refused to instruct the US militarily to get involved in the BLM and other protest saying it can't happen.

The bigger question is why ... no one has any idea but the justice department is actively trying to act in Trumps interest...    

I am scared of what Trump might do... and angry at the Dems for putting up Biden who should have won in a landslide but he is an old corporate wall street leader ... who's only real policy was I am not Trump...

On 11/11/2020 at 7:00 PM, Edinburgh said:

Sorry if it appeared I was trying to counter your concerns. While not at your level, I do share your suspicions.  I was just commenting on the lack of similar observations by the US commentators.  Have they considered such possibilities?  Or are they just declining to mention them?

3 hours ago, sonar said:

If he trys anything it will be via the Electoral College where he may get Repub states (who elected Biden) to send a different set ( Repub ) of electors to the vote to confirm who won. If it does happen. There will be a lot of pressure on state govenors of repub states to do just that.

These c***s will try everything and anything to usurp democracy.

I was looking into this and there are a few states where rat bastardry could happen.

If you ignore all the states that Trump won and all the states that Biden won with both a Democrat Governor and Democrat control of both houses of the state legislature that leaves 10 states. Arizona, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Vermont and Wisconsin.

Of those Arizona and Georgia are the only ones with Republican Governors and control of both houses, which is a worry as those two are close in the counts.

Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Vermont have Republican Governors and Democrat control of both houses, although Biden won New Hampshire by 7 points and the others by over 30 points so it'd probably be futile to try things there.

Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin have Democrat Governors and Republicans control both houses. Michigan is probably too far for Trump but Biden only won Wisconsin by 20k votes so they cold try something there. Regardless of the totals in Pennsylvania I feel like they'll fight it.

That leaves Minnesota with a Democrat Governor and lower house, and a Republican upper house. Not sure how they handle the process although that much Democrat power should be ok.

So I would guess that Arizona, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin are most at risk of trouble. Arizona has laws where faithless electors have their votes cancelled and they're replaced but the other three have nothing.

41 minutes ago, Davo said:

I was looking into this and there are a few states where rat bastardry could happen.

If you ignore all the states that Trump won and all the states that Biden won with both a Democrat Governor and Democrat control of both houses of the state legislature that leaves 10 states. Arizona, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Vermont and Wisconsin.

Of those Arizona and Georgia are the only ones with Republican Governors and control of both houses, which is a worry as those two are close in the counts.

Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Vermont have Republican Governors and Democrat control of both houses, although Biden won New Hampshire by 7 points and the others by over 30 points so it'd probably be futile to try things there.

Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin have Democrat Governors and Republicans control both houses. Michigan is probably too far for Trump but Biden only won Wisconsin by 20k votes so they cold try something there. Regardless of the totals in Pennsylvania I feel like they'll fight it.

That leaves Minnesota with a Democrat Governor and lower house, and a Republican upper house. Not sure how they handle the process although that much Democrat power should be ok.

So I would guess that Arizona, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin are most at risk of trouble. Arizona has laws where faithless electors have their votes cancelled and they're replaced but the other three have nothing.

Tbh I seriously doubt the Repubs would go down that path but with Trump and his enablers you can never say never.

Trump is not a sane leader so trying to second guess what he does is hard, but with him getting over 70 M votes the Repubs are very shy about doing anything open to upset him or to be more specific the people who voted for him.

They want the MAGA's voting Repubs in the two senate runoff seats in Georgia. If they win those they totally stop the Dems from passing legislation. They lose both Georgia senate seats and the Dems with VP Kamala Harris having the casting vote can undo a lot of what Trump did. 

High stakes poker.

Edited by sonar

These are pretty long but a good watch......former repubs and how they planned to help elect Biden.....

23 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Someone on here will be happy with this news

Dominic Cummings, director of the Brexit campaign, to resign as Boris Johnson's chief adviser by end of the year
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-13/brexit-mastermind-dominic-cummings-to-leave-boris-johnson/12883018

Heading back to Epsilon5...i mean Durham...!

7 hours ago, wendybr said:

I see it that America is such a tinderbox the Democrats have been trying to take the heat out of the situation, get the Trump supporters off the streets, and the Democrat ones also and move on as per a normal election. I think they have done a good job so far but also agree that they may need to fight harder when Trump shows all his cards. I think the Dems are doing OK at the moment and since they won, the Guardian does like to wet itself most days doesn't it. It could still be right though

Edited by Smoggy

8 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Dominic Cummings, director of the Brexit campaign, to resign as Boris Johnson's chief adviser by end of the year
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-13/brexit-mastermind-dominic-cummings-to-leave-boris-johnson/12883018

What dark and inhuman corner of the galaxy are you from ? - Scotland. " :D

"Utterly despicable... SO YOU ARE SCOTTISH!"

10 hours ago, Paul01 said:

1 hour ago, sonar said:

WTF??????

Their systems are absurd!

Their founding fathers must have been ******* insane.

3 minutes ago, wendybr said:

WTF??????

Their systems are absurd!

Their founding fathers must have been ******* insane.

Trump is just carrying on the tradition. :ninja:

:D

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

Yep, it's all about Algorithms these days.