International Current Affairs (#BidenIn)

19 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

If it wasn't for the distraction of Covid I reckon he might have tried something this year in the lead up to the election

But being serious this time, while I believe Trump wouldn't hesitate to to get involved in a war if it suited him, part of his policy of the USA withdrawing from trade agreements, world organisations, climate agreements etc etc is not having the USA involved in what he sees as other countries wars with a financial drain on the USA.

7 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

But being serious this time, while I believe Trump wouldn't hesitate to to get involved in a war if it suited him, part of his policy of the USA withdrawing from trade agreements, world organisations, climate agreements etc etc is not having the USA involved in what he sees as other countries wars with a financial drain on the USA.

At face value this is correct....just wonder how long such 'isolationism' would have lasted as he enjoys his mantle of 'leader of the free world'. I was also wondering who his Spaceforce was going to lock horns with?

15 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

At face value this is correct....just wonder how long such 'isolationism' would have lasted as he enjoys his mantle of 'leader of the free world'. I was also wondering who his Spaceforce was going to lock horns with?

China just launched an unmanned moon mission this week.

I love """ Two Steps From Hell""" if you are ever working around the house just put on one of there playlists ....

How close did we come to this .... and a bigger question is something going to done to insure it never happens...

I wonder aloud how close we came to this I was actually quite scared ...

Enjoy... watch to the end to see the girls courage and remember in many parts its played backwards.... Brilliant as is most of TSFH mostly are...

Most such pardons would be less controversial than the one handed to Flynn. However, among those campaigning for a pardon is Joseph Maldonado-Passage. Better known as Joe Exotic, the zookeeper subject of hit Netflix documentary Tiger King, he received a 22-year sentence for trying to hire a hitman to kill a rival.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/26/trump-pardon-michael-flynn-rick-gates

Free the Tiger King!!

This is going to come out wrong but Hitler rarely, if ever, invoked the stab in the back myth. That's not to say it wasn't an important part of why Germans voted for his anti-versailles platform, but it would be a mistake to think that he did what Trump is doing by actively campaigning on "stop the steal/stab in the back" or whatever. 

Yeah the better parallel would be with the US election of 1824

No candidate wins enough Electoral college votes

John Quincy Adams wins after a contingent election is held by the House of Representatives 

Andrew Jackson and his supporters criticise the result as a "corrupt bargain" as Henry Clay encouraged House delegates to vote for Adams

• mack changed the title to International Current Affairs (#BidenIn)
  • mack locked this topic