International Current Affairs (#BidenIn)

8 hours ago, Cynth said:

I have never had any compassion for Assange. To me, he is a political player, it was never about the people’s right to know. Don’t know, I just have a great dislike of him. 

I was on board early on but i think he allowed his personal views to influence actions. Sometimes bringing down someone leaves the door open for worse. That's what he was part of when he allowed the dump of data that included Hillary Clinton's emails. There was no thought of the ramifications of that action

HOWEVER, i do not believe he should be extradited to the US. They cannot be trusted to treat him within humam rights requirements. The fact that the UK govt have been complicit in this extradition attempt is disgusting. 

6 hours ago, Cynth said:

Except he wasn’t a journalist. I understand the argument of precedent, but the game playing with Russia regarding the US election and emails, that’s not what a journalist would do, that’s not what a whistle blower would do. I get that his earlier work was different but in the end, I believe he is exceptional because he was a simple computer hacker with a superiority complex. :aggressive:I know that’s not a popular opinion but I can’t defend the guy. 

Yes i have a massive isssue with his links with Russia. Totally agree.

However he should not be extradited to the US. They have their own political agenda re Assange 

On 05/01/2021 at 6:41 AM, EmMac said:

However he should not be extradited to the US. They have their own political agenda re Assange 

This pretty much sums it up for me.

He ain't no journalist just to clarify he just provided a platform for whistle blowers to put through documents.

He pissed off a lot of powerful people is the best way to sum it up.

Here's my take.....in times of conflict there will be 'classified' information held which is deliberately wrong just in case it get's into enemy hands therefore confusing the enemy....would have happened a lot in WW2 where the allies would have kept 'false' plans to make the Germans believe they were about to attack a certain location rather than the real target. Assuming a similar thing is happening now, how would Assange and his whistle-blowers know which is fact and which is deception?

WikiLeaks has informed us how illegal wars are fabricated, how governments are overthrown and violence is used in our name, how we are spied upon through our phones and screens. The true lies of presidents, ambassadors, political candidates, generals, proxies, political fraudsters have been exposed. (just ask Chelsea Manning or Edward Snowden)

Assange also informed us and exposed the illegal torture and killing of innocent men, women and children in Iraq and Afghanistan and Guantanamo.

If you wish all this stuff should be not be known to you or is not in the public interest then that's fine.

18 minutes ago, EmMac said:

The New York Times forecast needle for the Georgia run-offs

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/01/05/us/elections/forecast-georgia-senate-runoff.html

The Dems looking good.......:D

Republicans have taken a narrow lead in the tabulated vote, but the Democrats are clear favorites in both races for Senate. The overwhelming majority of remaining votes are in the Atlanta metro area, and while the race remains competitive, there's no indication that the Republicans are poised to run more strongly than expected there.

2 hours ago, Ossified said:

WikiLeaks has informed us how illegal wars are fabricated, how governments are overthrown and violence is used in our name, how we are spied upon through our phones and screens. The true lies of presidents, ambassadors, political candidates, generals, proxies, political fraudsters have been exposed. (just ask Chelsea Manning or Edward Snowden)

Assange also informed us and exposed the illegal torture and killing of innocent men, women and children in Iraq and Afghanistan and Guantanamo.

If you wish all this stuff should be not be known to you or is not in the public interest then that's fine.

He is a total tit though

2 hours ago, sonar said:

DecisionDesk HQ has called both senate races for the Dems.

Interestingly Ossof leads Perdue by more than 12K votes which is more than Biden won the state by.

I’m beginning to think Trump telling Republican voters that the election is rigged and the results are invalid wasn’t a good strategy for driving turnout.

29 minutes ago, wendybr said:

The circus continues...

With the Georgia senate win by the Dems it will be......

"Roll up Roll up......The circus leaves town at noon on Jan 20 2021.........Last chance to see the clown in action.

Tickets are free, bring your own popcorn"

After Pence confirms the electoral votes today, it will be interesting to see what Trump does. Rumour has it he was booked to fly to Scotland on the 19th but Scotland scuttled that. On the 21st he is technically open to prosecution...

Hopefully there isn’t too much violence on the streets in the next few days. 

4 hours ago, Cynth said:

After Pence confirms the electoral votes today, it will be interesting to see what Trump does. Rumour has it he was booked to fly to Scotland on the 19th but Scotland scuttled that. On the 21st he is technically open to prosecution...

Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has said that playing golf is not an essential reason to travel in Scotland. Looks like she has banned the idiot from travelling there.

5 hours ago, Cynth said:

Well it didn't happen, Trump incites his MAGA followers to this

US politics live updates: Donald Trump supporters clash with police, sending US Capitol into lockdown as Congress counts votes http://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-07/us-politics-live-updates-georgia-results-congress-counts/13037080

9 minutes ago, Davo said:

CNN reporting that law enforcement have disarmed two explosive devices, one at the RNC building and one at the Capitol.

There's one at the DNC as well.

Unbelievable 

And where were the police in the beginning? How the ffaarrk did those fruitcakes get up the steps of Congress let along be allowed to get into Congress. How?? I think there must be serious questions about the lack of police presence. If they were black or Muslim they would have been teargassed assulted and shot at by the police

• mack changed the title to International Current Affairs (#BidenIn)
  • mack locked this topic