Jump to content
wendybr

International Current Affairs (Trump Sackwatch)

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, marron said:

Arguable that everything that you are criticising has its roots in the Reagan era.

American culture peaked in the 1950's and the politics died with Kennedy. America is now at the stage of decline Rome was at when the visigoths came knocking on the gates.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Do we really need to put up with the boring trol?

Edited by StringerBellend

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

American culture peaked in the 1950's and the politics died with Kennedy. America is now at the stage of decline Rome was at when the visigoths came knocking on the gates.

Should have built a wall them Romans.

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

American culture peaked in the 1950's and the politics died with Kennedy. America is now at the stage of decline Rome was at when the visigoths came knocking on the gates.

 Neocon detected.

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, marron said:

Should have built a wall them Romans.

Monty Python sketch in there somewhere I feels...

 

Share this post


Link to post

 

14 minutes ago, Legionista said:

We don't have to imagine, we've seen how a Trump administration has looked now for 3.5 years. What has happened?

A failed trade war, withdrawing Obamacare without a replacement, alienating allies and pandering to dictators, failing with North Korea, impeachment, undoing every semblance of law conventions like responding to subpoenas, nepotism, promising Israel / Palestine peace getting nothing, many resignations, undoing important climate regulations and ceasing progress on climate, civic unrest and rioting  and of course the needless death of 125000 Americans from a pandemic.....the list goes on and on and yet, you know what?  
 

He got record numbers of conservative (often poorly qualified) judges appointed to long term appointments and that in itself will be enough for some Republicans. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

Do we really need to put up with the boring trol?

Oh do shut up.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Oh do shut up.

:shok:

:P

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, sonar said:

:shok:

:P

Lol.... I'll be forced to go find some Jordan Peterson, Jonathan Pie or someone else " objectionable" to articulate how dodgy banning opposing ideas is. :meep:

I'm not saying our friend, The Seeker,  isn't having fun trolling, but honestly, a group of people nodding in agreement at the ideas they all share is boring, and poses no intellectual challenge at all.

Having some debate here promotes interactions. It should not be shut down as would happen if we stopped "putting up" with some who raises a different point of view.

 

:hi:

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Well I'll be forced to go find some Jordan Peterson, Jonathan Pie or someone else " objectionable" to articulate how dodgy banning opposing ideas is.

I'm not saying our friend, The Seeker,  isn't having fun trolling, but honestly, a group of people nodding in agreement at the ideas they all share is boring, and poses no intellectual challenge at all.

Having some debate here promotes interactions. It should not be shut down as would happen if we stopped "putting up" with some who raises a different point of view.

 

:hi:

I agree. 

:D

Edited by sonar

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, marron said:

Arguable that everything that you are criticising has its roots in the Reagan era.

Agree .... it was the time when a popular saying of the day from a movie was """Greed is Good""" 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I’ll leave you and Judith Durham and the man who thinks in tweets to it, seems that’s what you want 

Edited by StringerBellend

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

I’ll leave you and Judith Durham ......

Huh?

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, wendybr said:

Oh do shut up.

You see! Wheres Paul....I told you she is a bitch....

 

 

 

 

:P

 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Agree .... it was the time when a popular saying of the day from a movie was """Greed is Good""" 

Greed is essential. 

Share this post


Link to post

First protecting transgender /LGBTQ from getting sacked, then protecting the DACA stuff and now blocking the Louisiana abortion laws. John Roberts helping the US hang on to justice for a few more months. Now let’s hope Bader-Ginsburg can hold on because Mitch McConnell is just chomping to get another conservative judge. 
 

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/29/politics/john-roberts-abortion-supreme-court/index.html

 

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

You see! Wheres Paul....I told you she is a bitch....

 

 

 

 

:P

 

But but...I did leave Stringer a peace offering over in the Music Thread!  :angel:

:pardon:

 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Agree .... it was the time when a popular saying of the day from a movie was """Greed is Good""" 

I thought Maggie Thatcher coined that term in the 80's lol 

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, theseeker said:

Speaking of world leaders , what's happening with the " world's best leader" of our near neighbor NZ.

Jacinda Ardern is being branded a failure , incompetent and a liar. Her fame was just a mirage it seems.

I suspect that good ol' Scomo will be experiencing similar accusations once more Robodebt revelations come to light.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, MartinTyler said:

I suspect that good ol' Scomo will be experiencing similar accusations once more Robodebt revelations come to light.

Nah , 99.9% of the population wouldn't give a twopenny stuff about Robodebt in the current climate , they wouldn't even know what is. Probably thinks its Robocop the movie.

The ones is does affect are Centrelink recipients most of whom would be rusted on Labor voters anyway , so the effect on Morrison is a duck egg. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, wendybr said:

Huh?

Google it

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Cynth said:

First protecting transgender /LGBTQ from getting sacked, then protecting the DACA stuff and now blocking the Louisiana abortion laws. John Roberts helping the US hang on to justice for a few more months. Now let’s hope Bader-Ginsburg can hold on because Mitch McConnell is just chomping to get another conservative judge. 
 

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/29/politics/john-roberts-abortion-supreme-court/index.html

 

Why are legal decisions being discussed in terms of political persuasion? If the judges can't rise above their politics they shouldn't be judges. 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

Why are legal decisions being discussed in terms of political persuasion? If the judges can't rise above their politics they shouldn't be judges. 

US judges are political appointments 

you are right they shouldn’t be but they are 

unfortunately lots of things that shouldn’t be political but are 

- climate change 

- wearing face masks

- women’s rights 

 

Oops forgot I’m giving this thread a miss for a while 

Edited by StringerBellend

Share this post


Link to post

 

"Coronavirus is a performative luxury" 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

Why are legal decisions being discussed in terms of political persuasion? If the judges can't rise above their politics they shouldn't be judges. 

Lol in the US judges are chosen according to their political persuasion. It’s a prerequisite! I don’t think there’s an independent judge in the Supreme Court! Dumb I know, but that’s the US system! 

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, theseeker said:

Nah , 99.9% of the population wouldn't give a twopenny stuff about Robodebt in the current climate , they wouldn't even know what is. Probably thinks its Robocop the movie.

The ones is does affect are Centrelink recipients most of whom would be rusted on Labor voters anyway , so the effect on Morrison is a duck egg. 

Centrelink recipients are labour supporters? All of them? Those who get parenting payments? Those who get a disability pension, those who are in sickness benefits, those who are older and find themselves without a job, how about The aged pension and bereavement allowances and youth allowance? 

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Cynth said:

Centrelink recipients are labour supporters? All of them? Those who get parenting payments? Those who get a disability pension, those who are in sickness benefits, those who are older and find themselves without a job, how about The aged pension and bereavement allowances and youth allowance? 

Did you notice the word " most" in my post ? You have to read things more carefully before diving in.

Most would be Labor supporters for certain and common sense would tell you that given the unemployment patterns in Labor electorates.

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, theseeker said:

Did you notice the word " most" in my post ? You have to read things more carefully before diving in.

Most would be Labor supporters for certain and common sense would tell you that given the unemployment patterns in Labor electorates.


so you made it up?

In the same you had two assertions 99.9%...Don’t care about robo debt and this, neither of which you can back up 

When sonar (I think it was) gave you evidence supporting his position you resorted to insults 

this is now in the what I refer to as “The Car Door Zone” 

your common sense is just snobbery 

although does reveal the liberal mind set, if the policy doesn’t directly benefit me In $ terms I’m not interested 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...