wendybr

International Current Affairs (Trump Sackwatch)

5 hours ago, marron said:

Arguable that everything that you are criticising has its roots in the Reagan era.

American culture peaked in the 1950's and the politics died with Kennedy. America is now at the stage of decline Rome was at when the visigoths came knocking on the gates.

Posted (edited)

Do we really need to put up with the boring trol?

Edited by StringerBellend

2 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

American culture peaked in the 1950's and the politics died with Kennedy. America is now at the stage of decline Rome was at when the visigoths came knocking on the gates.

Should have built a wall them Romans.

15 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Neocon detected.

12 minutes ago, marron said:

Should have built a wall them Romans.

Monty Python sketch in there somewhere I feels...

14 minutes ago, Legionista said:

We don't have to imagine, we've seen how a Trump administration has looked now for 3.5 years. What has happened?

A failed trade war, withdrawing Obamacare without a replacement, alienating allies and pandering to dictators, failing with North Korea, impeachment, undoing every semblance of law conventions like responding to subpoenas, nepotism, promising Israel / Palestine peace getting nothing, many resignations, undoing important climate regulations and ceasing progress on climate, civic unrest and rioting  and of course the needless death of 125000 Americans from a pandemic.....the list goes on and on and yet, you know what?  

He got record numbers of conservative (often poorly qualified) judges appointed to long term appointments and that in itself will be enough for some Republicans. 

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

Do we really need to put up with the boring trol?

Oh do shut up.

4 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Oh do shut up.

:shok:

:P

9 minutes ago, sonar said:

:shok:

Lol.... I'll be forced to go find some Jordan Peterson, Jonathan Pie or someone else " objectionable" to articulate how dodgy banning opposing ideas is. :meep:

I'm not saying our friend, The Seeker,  isn't having fun trolling, but honestly, a group of people nodding in agreement at the ideas they all share is boring, and poses no intellectual challenge at all.

Having some debate here promotes interactions. It should not be shut down as would happen if we stopped "putting up" with some who raises a different point of view.

:hi:

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Well I'll be forced to go find some Jordan Peterson, Jonathan Pie or someone else " objectionable" to articulate how dodgy banning opposing ideas is.

I'm not saying our friend, The Seeker,  isn't having fun trolling, but honestly, a group of people nodding in agreement at the ideas they all share is boring, and poses no intellectual challenge at all.

Having some debate here promotes interactions. It should not be shut down as would happen if we stopped "putting up" with some who raises a different point of view.

:hi:

I agree. 

:D

Edited by sonar

7 hours ago, marron said:

Arguable that everything that you are criticising has its roots in the Reagan era.

Agree .... it was the time when a popular saying of the day from a movie was """Greed is Good""" 

Posted (edited)

I’ll leave you and Judith Durham and the man who thinks in tweets to it, seems that’s what you want 

3 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

I’ll leave you and Judith Durham ......

Huh?

7 hours ago, wendybr said:

Oh do shut up.

You see! Wheres Paul....I told you she is a bitch....

6 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Agree .... it was the time when a popular saying of the day from a movie was """Greed is Good""" 

Greed is essential. 

First protecting transgender /LGBTQ from getting sacked, then protecting the DACA stuff and now blocking the Louisiana abortion laws. John Roberts helping the US hang on to justice for a few more months. Now let’s hope Bader-Ginsburg can hold on because Mitch McConnell is just chomping to get another conservative judge. 

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/29/politics/john-roberts-abortion-supreme-court/index.html

34 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

You see! Wheres Paul....I told you she is a bitch....

But but...I did leave Stringer a peace offering over in the Music Thread!  :angel:

:pardon:

7 hours ago, Midfielder said:

I thought Maggie Thatcher coined that term in the 80's lol 

18 hours ago, theseeker said:

Speaking of world leaders , what's happening with the " world's best leader" of our near neighbor NZ.

Jacinda Ardern is being branded a failure , incompetent and a liar. Her fame was just a mirage it seems.

I suspect that good ol' Scomo will be experiencing similar accusations once more Robodebt revelations come to light.

1 hour ago, MartinTyler said:

I suspect that good ol' Scomo will be experiencing similar accusations once more Robodebt revelations come to light.

Nah , 99.9% of the population wouldn't give a twopenny stuff about Robodebt in the current climate , they wouldn't even know what is. Probably thinks its Robocop the movie.

The ones is does affect are Centrelink recipients most of whom would be rusted on Labor voters anyway , so the effect on Morrison is a duck egg. 

4 hours ago, wendybr said:

Huh?

Google it

6 hours ago, Cynth said:

First protecting transgender /LGBTQ from getting sacked, then protecting the DACA stuff and now blocking the Louisiana abortion laws. John Roberts helping the US hang on to justice for a few more months. Now let’s hope Bader-Ginsburg can hold on because Mitch McConnell is just chomping to get another conservative judge. 

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/29/politics/john-roberts-abortion-supreme-court/index.html

Why are legal decisions being discussed in terms of political persuasion? If the judges can't rise above their politics they shouldn't be judges. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

Why are legal decisions being discussed in terms of political persuasion? If the judges can't rise above their politics they shouldn't be judges. 

US judges are political appointments 

you are right they shouldn’t be but they are 

unfortunately lots of things that shouldn’t be political but are 

- climate change 

- wearing face masks

- women’s rights 

Oops forgot I’m giving this thread a miss for a while 

"Coronavirus is a performative luxury" 

6 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

Lol in the US judges are chosen according to their political persuasion. It’s a prerequisite! I don’t think there’s an independent judge in the Supreme Court! Dumb I know, but that’s the US system! 

9 hours ago, theseeker said:

Nah , 99.9% of the population wouldn't give a twopenny stuff about Robodebt in the current climate , they wouldn't even know what is. Probably thinks its Robocop the movie.

The ones is does affect are Centrelink recipients most of whom would be rusted on Labor voters anyway , so the effect on Morrison is a duck egg. 

Centrelink recipients are labour supporters? All of them? Those who get parenting payments? Those who get a disability pension, those who are in sickness benefits, those who are older and find themselves without a job, how about The aged pension and bereavement allowances and youth allowance? 

11 hours ago, Cynth said:

Centrelink recipients are labour supporters? All of them? Those who get parenting payments? Those who get a disability pension, those who are in sickness benefits, those who are older and find themselves without a job, how about The aged pension and bereavement allowances and youth allowance? 

Did you notice the word " most" in my post ? You have to read things more carefully before diving in.

Most would be Labor supporters for certain and common sense would tell you that given the unemployment patterns in Labor electorates.

42 minutes ago, theseeker said:

Did you notice the word " most" in my post ? You have to read things more carefully before diving in.

Most would be Labor supporters for certain and common sense would tell you that given the unemployment patterns in Labor electorates.

so you made it up?

In the same you had two assertions 99.9%...Don’t care about robo debt and this, neither of which you can back up 

When sonar (I think it was) gave you evidence supporting his position you resorted to insults 

this is now in the what I refer to as “The Car Door Zone” 

your common sense is just snobbery 

although does reveal the liberal mind set, if the policy doesn’t directly benefit me In $ terms I’m not interested