Sign in to follow this  
Erebus

Around the Bloc Podcast Season 7

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

Love and appreciate the work you guys put in to the pod every week, and it is usually a highlight, but I had to turn this week's one off halfway through

Posted (edited)

I've been pretty anxious about doing this episode even for the lols. For the record, I did think it would be funny to do. I can certainly understand everybody turning it off a fraction in to the episode. 

This week, we had the following issues:

1. No Game

2. No Controversy 

3. No guest lined up

4. No ATB Feedback (as we had done one a couples of weeks before)

The only content we could've delivered was an evaluation of the season thus far. Which would've been pointless with only 5 rounds left to go. It's also something we would do post season. 

Next time there's a split round and we don't have a game - we will be prepared and organise some quality content. 

For those that listened all the way through, there was some quality discussion surrounding the ACL and the A-League's approach to it. I hope that was enjoyable and something that people are interested in once we return to the ACL. 

Apologies if this week's joke of an episode went too far. 

Edited by spectacular291

50 minutes ago, spectacular291 said:

I've been pretty anxious about doing this episode even for the lols. For the record, I did think it would be funny to do. I can certainly understand everybody turning it off a fraction in to the episode. 

1. No Game

2. No Controversy 

3. No guest lined up

The only content we could've delivered was an evaluation of the season thus far. Which would've been pointless with only 5 rounds left to go. It's also something we would do post season. 

Next time there's a split round and we don't have a game - we will be prepared and organise some quality content. 

For those that listened all the way through, there was some quality discussion surrounding the ACL and the A-League's approach to it. I hope that was enjoyable and something that people are interested in once we return to the ACL. 

I liked the stuff on ACL, especially since you called out the foreign players debate when Victory have Toivenen and Honda, and also have former or fringe Socceroos in that team (Antonis, Deng, Valeri, Triosi).

Bridge also said the same thing in an article where our local players are not getting any better but the rest of Asia had. The tactics used in the A-league don't work against the Asian teams because technically they are better than our Aussie players. Its almost like A-league teams are unsure how to counter different style of play because everyone plays the same here.

I also don't think clubs (never mind AFC) do enough to advertise champions. Remember our first Champions league we got average 10,000 in the group stage the club advertised champions league that whole second season right from the renewal of memberships. Everyone wanted to get involved because it was an event.

When I took my dad to champions league for Sydney Fc against Guangzhou (his an East fanI had no idea what was happening until a week before. Sydney Fc did zero advertisement for champions league until the week before when tickets were on sale I think there was a derby a few days before and they announced it after the game. 

For me Champions league is a bigger trophy than A-league for obvious reasons $$$ but I don't think clubs advertise it like that.

2 hours ago, Erebus said:

The Best and Worst of Wanderers vs Brisbane Roar (Rd 21)

https://www.aroundthebloc.com.au/the-best-and-worst-of-wanderers-vs-brisbane-roar-rd-21/

Glad you're back. Nail - head yet again. I especially was glad to see your Riera comments. Good to know I'm not the only one who sees what you see. I've speculated recently that Riera was carrying an injury for some time before he had a couple of weeks out injured as he's come back looking fitter and faster than previously. 

Discussed our chances of making the finals with my son.

I said to him that my estimate is currently 25% chance but a win against the Nix is probably 40%. 

Covered everything.

Good job

On 08/03/2019 at 10:52 AM, spectacular291 said:

1. No Game

2. No Controversy 

3. No guest lined up

i enjoyed it. 

I liked the outro song choice personally.

THIS WEEK ON ATB: PTI

"Pardon the Interruption" show! We've stolen the timeless ESPN format for our show this week and we will be debating 6 topics at ten minutes a piece. Emphasis on the word "debate". 

We have got some ideas as to what topics to debate but would like to hear your input and have it incorporated on the show. Feel free to post here, on our twitter, facebook or even email us with your feedback at feedback@aroundthebloc.com.au

Cheers

Josh

Edited by spectacular291