Sign in to follow this  
Erebus

Around the Bloc Podcast Season 7

32 minutes ago, TehSmileyBandit said:

The Meow is really missing Mauk, creating that #10 linkup to Taggart that should have been uber-effective in rd1 if Taggart was firing.

So saying, Taggart obviously improved against Perth as he was playing both ends of the pitch:
"Perth were able to penetrate by going down to the byline and cutting back or crossing early to find Taggart available."

;)

Haha thanks for that. - I kept confusing Keogh with Taggart

On 08/11/2018 at 8:48 AM, spectacular291 said:

707 – Win in the Wind

On this week’s episode the ATB team discuss the first win of the 2018/19 season in Wellington. We speculate that Babbel consumes our content with his approach to the Nix game. We also look towards our match in Mudgee against a vulnerable Brisbane Roar.

This is Around the Bloc.

https://www.aroundthebloc.com.au/707-win-in-the-wind/

Just checked the table. For us to go to the top of table, albeit for about 30 minutes we need a 5 goal win against Brisbane. 

Let's see how.

Roly to get Papadopoulos overexcited and a get a red. Riera to bomb Pepper. Roly to scoot past Hingert and Kamau get past Bowles or O'Toole. O'Doherty to skin kristensen, Lopez and Hipants to layoff to AB10.

Is that asking too much?😉

I hear that tactical strategy is making a comeback.

2 hours ago, Erebus said:

The Best and Worst of Wanderers vs Newcastle Jets (Rd 5)

https://www.aroundthebloc.com.au/the-best-and-worst-of-wanderers-vs-newcastle-jets-rd-5/

Excellent yet again - although, somehow I was expecting another Best/Worst or two and suddenly there weren't any.

You missed - BEST: Non-A-League Refs.

Seriously, what a fecking glaring indictment of what we all already know. Even a bitter old curmudgeon like me was surprised at just how big the difference in quality was. Did I yell at the ref for **** calls in the heat of the moment? Absolutely! Am I still complaining days later? No. In fact I couldn't even tell you what the decisions were that upset me, because they were inconsequential and 50/50 anyway.

Yeah was temping to put the Refs as a Best but tbh from my vantage point it was hard to judge their performance overall other than what you just stated haha.

Home games always make it hard to to Best/Worst on tactical things because I can't see those finer details from the 2nd row of the RBB.

3 hours ago, Erebus said:

Yeah was temping to put the Refs as a Best but tbh from my vantage point it was hard to judge their performance overall other than what you just stated haha.

Home games always make it hard to to Best/Worst on tactical things because I can't see those finer details from the 2nd row of the RBB.

Or you're not trying hard enough! **

** When I'm in active I have little idea of what's going on tactical or otherwise.  But then again I don't  have much idea of tactics sitting on halfway either.

710 - DEFEND!!

DEFEND! This is all that Josh wants from the team as they continue to frustrate the ATB crew. We talk about stadiums (terrible ones and the ones dreams are made of), we talk the good stuff coming from the WSW team (ie Majok and our attack – mostly), and we talk the things that don’t seem to be improving yet, eg DEFEND!

This is Around the Bloc.

https://www.aroundthebloc.com.au/710-defend/

2 hours ago, Erebus said:

The Best and Worst of Wanderers vs Melbourne Victory (Rd 6)

https://www.aroundthebloc.com.au/the-best-and-worst-of-wanderers-vs-melbourne-victory-rd-6/

As I wait for this to open so I can read it, I'm wondering whether you will start with the best bit first, or leave the best 'til last?

Or if there will even be a "best" this week!

I have now read the article - Nailed. It.

3 hours ago, Erebus said:

https://www.aroundthebloc.com.au/the-best-and-worst-of-wanderers-vs-melbourne-victory-rd-6/

Agree about the investment in the squad. We have invested (1 marque aside) we’ve just done it poorly. Squad is very unbalanced, probably indicative of the manager turmoil/turnover we’ve had in the last year.

definitely. Chop and change managers with no room to move with the squad. Very difficult situation.

But Babbel has said that he'll work with what he has, and he is struggling to do even that.

1 hour ago, GD07 said:

Agree about the investment in the squad. We have invested (1 marque aside) we’ve just done it poorly. Squad is very unbalanced, probably indicative of the manager turmoil/turnover we’ve had in the last year.

100% - it's a situation largely a victim of circumstances.

1 hour ago, GD07 said:

Squad is very unbalanced

That quote right there sums up the team. Too many wingers, no Cm depth and if Riera gets injured there is no back up and you send your youth players to the wolves. 

Edited by Sithslayer1991

5 hours ago, Erebus said:

My favourite is the WSW Fandom Reactions. I was seriously considering starting a thread called "The Optimist" because sometimes I feel like TehSmileyBandit in room full of FrowneyDowners. There is so much disgruntled, entitled commentary that it makes me sick. That's meant to be for the sky blue side of town. Be annoyed at selections, underwhelmed by specific performances and critical of set-up, but support LOVE your club. We need to be a family. Sure, you need to kick other family members up the backside on occasion, but more importantly, you must defend and support them with everything you have so that they become the best they can be.

You (as a realist) are welcome at my Optimist's party given the disparity in numbers of pessimists v optimists in our fanbase!

711 - HONDA 4.0 TYPE-RANT

The ATB crew is back to discuss a disappointing result against a Honda led Melbourne Victory. We address many of the criticisms being thrown at the club and try to clear some of it up. A detailed discussion is held about the state of the club and what the future hopefully brings. Oh, and Turner rants a bit, assisted by Josh.

This is Around the Bloc.

https://www.aroundthebloc.com.au/711-honda-4-0-type-rant/

On 06/12/2018 at 9:11 AM, spectacular291 said:

711 - HONDA 4.0 TYPE-RANT

The ATB crew is back to discuss a disappointing result against a Honda led Melbourne Victory. We address many of the criticisms being thrown at the club and try to clear some of it up. A detailed discussion is held about the state of the club and what the future hopefully brings. Oh, and Turner rants a bit, assisted by Josh.

This is Around the Bloc.

https://www.aroundthebloc.com.au/711-honda-4-0-type-rant/

Horrible performance. Your tightarse Chairman needs to loosen the purse strings and fix the spine. Get a marquee host from a big podcast in Europe, a quality curmudgeon (maybe Sth America?) and get a min wage squaddie to supplement the analysis team.

While I'm on it, where is the leader?! Stephen needs to stop standing there with his hand up waiting for a foul (language) to be called and spray Turner for his terrible defending (and segues).

Sorry Tatts.