mack

VAR & FFA Must Go After Derby Disgrace

Ok take out Var c*** out and the players had a terrible game with mistakes. Mahazi left Le Fondre onside, 2nd goal 2 unnecessary fouls from Roly for the freekick and defence not clearing the ball out. 

Again same story we had chances in the 1st half to be level at least

3 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

What are your thoughts on Mark Schwarzer?

I like him too. But let’s save those discussion for the trips to Gosford and Newcastle. I’m sure LuisEnrique would prefer it that way 

2 minutes ago, pseudonym said:

I'm not angry just disappointed 

Obviously we need to work on defence given how the two "accepted" goals scored

Watching the game at the SCG, it was so deflating  to see Roly take his chance and celebrate with the rest of the RBB only for the ref to stare a computer for a couple of minutes and take away the goal

On the bright side, Ziegler should be back for big games coming up. And when his citizenship comes through, just maybe Lederer will let Babbel sign Kirkoff.

1 minute ago, JustWandering said:

I think you should take a look at all the angles. If Baumjohann was tripped you could argue that it was outside the box, but it was the Sydney defender's hip 2 steps into the box that fell Baumjohann.

Regardless def foul but geez Chris Beathe really knows how to stick it to a team

1 minute ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Ok take out Var c*** out and the players had a terrible game with mistakes. Mahazi left Le Fondre onside, 2nd goal 2 unnecessary fouls from Roly for the freekick and defence not clearing the ball out. 

Again same story we had chances in the 1st half to be level at least

1st goal - Poor clearance, someone should be man marking Le Fondre but they didn't, Vedran should have done better with the save.

2nd goal - Again, we didnt clear the ball, we were just passing the ball around at the back and we pass it back to Ninkovic and Brosque had no one near him.

This is it for me. I will continue going to the home games but will not spend another $1 on away games .....not until The VAR is gone. 

^ I doubt it. They will never acknowledge that the FFA is biased in their favour, they will never accept that the referees are biased in their favour and will never accept that the VAR got it wrong. SFC are FFA owned, and their fans are FFA bootlickers.

Just now, GD07 said:

As disgraceful as the refereeing was, we can’t lose sight of the fact we were bang average for the majority of that match. 

Yep, pretty much average, which is what you get with a bang average squad lacking real quality in key areas...I mean at the start of the game looking at the team sheets on the big screen lol Regardless who the gaffer is this squad is a 5th to 7th placed one at best...we know that. Ok when Zeigler comes back that will improve us...but far from enough.

i am with the boycott, mostly because i have zero passion for the wanderers and cant be bothered going to matches but this is a good excuse :P

7 hours ago, Smoggy said:

I wasn't so ******* elusive when that VAR decision came through...:xmad: The women sat next to me looked quite horrified :D

Ohhhh OK!

So we need another bad VAR decision in Mudgee...and the person whose reaction is THE most horrifying will be you.

Got it. :D

7 hours ago, Smoggy said:

I am not in..will continue to go to all the games I can get to.... because even with the shyte I enjoy being at a game....it takes my mind off normal world stuff,...yes I get angry with the VAR..of course I do, it is a disaster for the ******* game here...but will keep on going...if I have to sit in a bay all of my own like the Parra Power days so be it :D

Didn't say I was in, or out. But that I understand the sentiment

Smurfs celebrating that win like they earned it shows how pathetic they are. God I'm glad I can proudly say i never supported them before WSW.

I think the Babbel incident is a turning point, we'll see more fire both next week and when he's back.

Comment posted in the Guardian: By a neutral supporter I believe.

So the VAR was for obstruction and it’s given for offside that neither the Ref or linesman saw. Chris Beath spoke to the TV because he had f’d up. You don’t use the technology to effectly cheat . He is a graduate of the Scott Morrison School of BS. And it had to favor the FFA darlings Sydney who always seem to be protected petals. And as Bozza said if these deliberate mistakes keep being made the people will turn off the game.
And Brosque is always up their backside to Get prefential treatment. How the heck did Grant stay on the field being on a yellow and sliding in for a late tackle.

Record under the cheat Beath in the HAL

14 games

2 wins (v CCM and v Smurfs@ANZ)

6 draws

6 draws.

whats the deal with vedran and the hole in the door? he was joking with fc players after the match did not seem in a volatile mood then gets back to the rooms and puts a hole in the door. 

I think positives Tongyik really stood out I loved his tackles, the best one was on Ninkovic where he timed it perfection 1st half. Baumjohann was also fantastic.

Negatives of the game Reira had a bit of a stinker not sure what is going on there. Mahazi was a bit off pace. Clearing our lines which is what led to two goals. Moving the ball to slowly for a lot of the game but when we moved quickly we got opportunities. And not captilising on classic Redmayne mistake.... 

35 minutes ago, Ossified said:

Comment posted in the Guardian: By a neutral supporter I believe.

So the VAR was for obstruction and it’s given for offside that neither the Ref or linesman saw. Chris Beath spoke to the TV because he had f’d up. You don’t use the technology to effectly cheat . He is a graduate of the Scott Morrison School of BS. And it had to favor the FFA darlings Sydney who always seem to be protected petals. And as Bozza said if these deliberate mistakes keep being made the people will turn off the game.
And Brosque is always up their backside to Get prefential treatment. How the heck did Grant stay on the field being on a yellow and sliding in for a late tackle.

Indeed, and I can't believe what I have read in the SMH (well actually I can) and from that idiot Slater...but then we know he has previous also. I am always reminded at times like this that I support the right club, I could never support a club that are clearly the media and institution darlings. 

Supporting WSW does feel like supporting the Boro in many ways...and not just that they are both shyte :D Maybe we should adopt the Boro song 'We shall over come some day, there's a dream in my heart, I do believe we shall overcome someday' lol Feels apt somehow...:D.

I feel for Roly this morning, he looked bad enough after missing that first half chance, he looked devastated at the end. Babbel connected with the fans big time last night, that passion was good to see. Babbel is doing the best he can to get everything out of this squad, he needs backing and to get a few out the door, for all the VAR controversy we just aren't good enough.

Edited by Smoggy

I’m taking positives from it We were all over them in the second half, and at 2-0 we fought back (Var and dodgy ref prevented us) 

If we play like that we’ll be fine year, especially if we can cut the soft goals out 

For those who missed it here’s what Beath said post match:

“Of course, happy to talk you through it,” 

“So lets make it really clear that the offence that we’ve given for is actually offside. The attacker is clearly in an offside position and his action impacts on the defender - on Zullo’s ability to play the ball.”

“It was only picked up by the VAR. From a technical point of view the offside is the correct decision.”

1 - Zullo appealed for a foul and Beath signaled for a foul. Referees always put their arm up to signal offside when overturning a decision so people know what’s going on. Especially for a decision that isn’t obvious and only “technically” correct.

2 - “his action impacts on the defender” What action? He literally stood still.

3 - “Zullo’s ability to play the ball” He was never getting anywhere near the ball, Sotirio or otherwise.

36 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I’m taking positives from it We were all over them in the second half, and at 2-0 we fought back (Var and dodgy ref prevented us) 

If we play like that we’ll be fine year, especially if we can cut the soft goals out 

O'Doherty looked good too. Played some nice passes and have we ever had a central midfielder actually weigh a curling shot from well outside the box, rather than just blindly swing at it?

Agreed with everything so far in regard to the VAR

Will say I loved Babbel and his presser last night was great...when he said he came to Australia thinking it was going to be rough/ tough but its like basketball...someone gets touched you only have to scream and its a foul...100%