mack

Two Points Ditched In Mudgee

7 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Seen at least 10 roar fans on my journey around the stadium.

There were a few lost fans at the scoreboard end of the stadium who turned up at the wrong game.  I spotted a Jets shirt, Adelaide shirt, smurf shirt and a Mariners shirt.

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

On 10 November 2018 at 11:13 PM, WSWJACK said:

Must admit had got sucked in by a few reviews on this board by a few posters about how lazy Kamau is supposed to be,

Supposed to be? You think it was coincidence that he was a no show in pre A-League matches? There are many ways to be lazy than putting in for a 90 minute performance. It is along that same line of thinking that gets Sotirio picked ahead of the more talented other options.

2 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

I briefly broke away from the march to take a few pics and a video, and I came across a B R fan. I said to him "WTF are you doing here buddy?" and his reply was "I'm the token Roar fan". Lol. We laughed, shook hands and went our separate ways.

Kristensen (sp?) parents had flown over to Brisbane & then drove down to Mudgee. Add them to the mix, perhaps not in the onesie :lol:

4 hours ago, FCB said:

Indeed, Lopez was running rings around JoD when he scored the first goal.

Expect much more from TreeJack, physically he has been in first gear. Suspect lack of game time & injury over the last few years has had an effect.

Am looking forward to him building his fitness & then I suspect we will see more than just glimpses which is all we have seen thus far. Lots more expected of him.

It is a lot of pressure to put on his shoulders being our main creative outlet & still getting up to speed without any back up in his position. I also feel his performance is correlated to the way the team plays. If he doesn’t get the ball in the right areas then it will affect his performance & the more defensive work he does the less effective he will become. Will be interesting to see how he goes in the summer.

1 hour ago, Carns said:

Wasn't Kamau recovering from injury too?

Yeah i think people are being a bit harsh on Brucey.

He hit the bar for the first one and then drew the pen. A wide attacker who set up two goals, what more do we want? 

He said himself it was his first full 90, he’s only gonna get more match fit the more he plays.

What I loved - Mudgee, good wineries, cold beers, great stadium and the people were so welcoming, the posters and banners on the main street was first class, the local sergeant behind me who didn't move but turned to his copper mates and said 'na stay here the rural fire boys are there if anything goes wrong' when the young copper asked should they do anything when the flare was ripped, nice country walk to a stadium where you could feel part of it. Our first 30 minutes was some of the best Wanderers football I have seen in years.  I know what people are saying about not many locals going etc but I was sitting where those small sided kids ran on and off at half time and they had their parents snapping shots of them on their phones, tell them it wasn't a buzz, they got on the field in an A League game and for me the main one was not one blue with the missus over the entire trip including 7 hours in a car (unless youve been married for more than 30 years don't judge the insignificance of this).

What I didnt like - our last 60mins, the result, the dumb penalty we gave away, a few of our 'supporters' who need one put on their chin (not just the dumb ass racist dude I didn't witness that, but the tough guy going to the fence and bagging Risdons tats and yelling out calling him a **** all while wearing your Wanderers jersey, you should of bought that copper a beer who got you out of there before you got a flogging).  Mat McKay, the bloke is a douchebag.

53 minutes ago, scarcev said:

the local sergeant behind me who didn't move but turned to his copper mates and said 'na stay here the rural fire boys are there if anything goes wrong' when the young copper asked should they do anything when the flare was ripped

The country attitude to the active support was so refreshing. The cops just standing there UNLESS something went wrong.

Then when the kids came running back after the RBB celebration of our pen, laughing and yelling “Dad I got beer all over me” and “they started a fire”, the parents were just like “oh yeah?” and kept talking amongst themselves. Hahaha

1 hour ago, scarcev said:

Mat McKay, the bloke is a douchebag.

Oh man. Being close to the field you really got to see his antics. He’s at the ref every 2 minutes, claiming handball, calling for fouls, whinging about something. What a git.

1 hour ago, scarcev said:

What I didnt like - our last 60mins, the result, the dumb penalty we gave away, a few of our 'supporters' who need one put on their chin (not just the dumb ass racist dude I didn't witness that, but the tough guy going to the fence and bagging Risdons tats and yelling out calling him a **** all while wearing your Wanderers jersey, you should of bought that copper a beer who got you out of there before you got a flogging).  Mat McKay, the bloke is a douchebag.

Yep we've been speaking about this guy on Twitter.

He'd already had way too much to drink and from what I saw lit a cigarette in the RBB before one guy told him to piss off, then it nearly turned into fists before several including a former Capo dragged him away - all the time the cops behind watching ready to pounce.

Then his mate dragged him over to the edge of the main stand where you witnessed the above.

Ive been close to that behaviour in a former life so I could see his spiral downwards, but he was way worse - he should have had his day ended after the first incident, surely someone knows him.

2 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

Yep we've been speaking about this guy on Twitter.

He'd already had way too much to drink and from what I saw lit a cigarette in the RBB before one guy told him to piss off, then it nearly turned into fists before several including a former Capo dragged him away - all the time the cops behind watching ready to pounce.

Then his mate dragged him over to the edge of the main stand where you witnessed the above.

Ive been close to that behaviour in a former life so I could see his spiral downwards, but he was way worse - he should have had his day ended after the first incident, surely someone knows him.

Yea a guy who was there with his missus and kids told him to pull his head in after the filthy tirade to Risdon when he was taking a throw in, so the idiot then went to go this guy in front of his missus and kids before someone stepped in and settled it down trying to get the idiot to piss off but he wouldn't listen so the cops stepped in and probably just in time cos there were a few younger ones close by without kids ready to step in.  Unfortunately it's just a matter of time for people like that, so yea if you know the bloke or are his mate, look after him and get him to pull his head in before someone else does.

Edited by scarcev

13 hours ago, scarcev said:

Yea a guy who was there with his missus and kids told him to pull his head in after the filthy tirade to Risdon when he was taking a throw in, so the idiot then went to go this guy in front of his missus and kids before someone stepped in and settled it down trying to get the idiot to piss off but he wouldn't listen so the cops stepped in and probably just in time cos there were a few younger ones close by without kids ready to step in.  Unfortunately it's just a matter of time for people like that, so yea if you know the bloke or are his mate, look after him and get him to pull his head in before someone else does.

That same bloke approached my missus and I at the pub and was he was flat out stringing a sentence together. Was talking out of his ass about everything and anything until we walked off after a couple of minutes of dribble and had to find somewhere else to chill. I witnessed that scrap and he was lucky that Borris had the calmness to step in and advise him to keep moving. First class clown that fella

We must have been standing pretty close to each other then hughsey.