Jump to content
Carns

AFC Champions League 2019

Recommended Posts

Kashima now 4 -1 after 90min (+5 min of added time)

Full Time/

Edited by sonar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

50 minutes ago, sonar said:

Kashima now 4 -1 after 90min (+5 min of added time)

Full Time/

Long trip home with the next game against Adelaide.

Smurfs to face Shanghai SIPG, Ulsan Hyundai and Kawasaki Frontale. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Burztur said:

**** I wish we were in the ACL.

Only if we are capable of mounting a respectable campaign.  If I recall correctly, last time we were in it was an embarrasment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Long trip home with the next game against Adelaide.

Smurfs to face Shanghai SIPG, Ulsan Hyundai and Kawasaki Frontale. 

So how do others feel about games like this.  Is it all about lets hope the Smurfs win cos its good for Aussie football or is it I hope the ****s get buried?? 

Me I am unfortunately on the buried side as I dont want anyone else to achieve what WSW did, no fear though noone ever will, it is just too hard to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, scarcev said:

So how do others feel about games like this.  Is it all about lets hope the Smurfs win cos its good for Aussie football or is it I hope the ****s get buried?? 

Me I am unfortunately on the buried side as I dont want anyone else to achieve what WSW did, no fear though noone ever will, it is just too hard to do.

I am happy for any team besides ESFC to do well. As you say, the chances of any Australian team winning again are slim, but I'll support all Aus teams bar the smurfs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, scarcev said:

So how do others feel about games like this.  Is it all about lets hope the Smurfs win cos its good for Aussie football or is it I hope the ****s get buried?? 

Me I am unfortunately on the buried side as I dont want anyone else to achieve what WSW did, no fear though noone ever will, it is just too hard to do.

Be it a club side or national team I will support any team flying the flag for Australia.  When it comes to the world game I believe we should put aside our difference for the greater good. 

For example - hate Ryan Grant when playing for ESFC, but like him when in the national side.

Edited by LeeMarvin
Grammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like them to lose in the final. That way they don't win, it has the biggest impact on their squad for the A-League season and it earns more coefficient ranking points which is good for all Australian teams.

Everybody wins (except them).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Thommo said:

Must be just me then that wants them to come dead last in their group with 0 points.

Haha. Reminiscent of some of the comments from Scots about England in the World Cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LeeMarvin said:

Haha. Reminiscent of some of the comments from Scots about England in the World Cup.

SOME!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LeeMarvin said:

Haha. Reminiscent of some of the comments from Scots about England in the World Cup.

Do younger Scots know what the World Cup is? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

I really wanted support Jets for ACL campaign guess it was always a tough ask to go to Japan and win against the current champions. Guess Victory is the lesser of two evils.

Probably also better equipped for success in the competition than ESFC would people say?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

Do younger Scots know what the World Cup is? :P

I can vaguely remember drinking with a Scotsman at the old Crown Casino in Melbourne while watching Scotland play Brazil in a World Cup match in the early 90's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

Do younger Scots know what the World Cup is? :P

Trouble is not enough of of them know how to play football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Thommo said:

Must be just me then that wants them to come dead last in their group with 0 points.

No I want them to com dead last wifh a minus 35 goal difference and brosque do both acl’s

exterior, interior is a fashion of superior

too much?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GunnerWanderer said:

No I want them to com dead last wifh a minus 35 goal difference and brosque do both acl’s

exterior, interior is a fashion of superior

too much?

 

:shok: Yes - too much!

 

But it made me laugh!  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, LeeMarvin said:

Be it a club side or national team I will support any team flying the flag for Australia.  When it comes to the world game I believe we should put aside our difference for the greater good. 

For example - hate Ryan Grant when playing for ESFC, but like him when in the national side.

WooHoo- there's one other person here who thinks like me on this issue! :woah:

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, in the ACL I hope SFC 1) Never make it 2) Never qualify for the group stage 3) Don't win a single game 4) Get knocked out in a hilarious fashion. Everyone else I don't care apart from not winning it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mack said:

For me, in the ACL I hope SFC 1) Never make it 2) Never qualify for the group stage 3) Don't win a single game 4) Get knocked out in a hilarious fashion. Everyone else I don't care apart from not winning it.

You show far too much generosity of spirit there Mack! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m in Wendy’s camp, we need Australian teams to do much better in Asia. Too often we don’t take it seriously enough (how often do we sign +1’s) & usually the season you qualify for ACL the team is usually **** (jets this year & our last campaign.

Hope both teams do well this year, looking forward to the two Asian players making an impact, the improved schedule for ACL teams to help them out & a proper showing in Asia seeing both teams get out of the group. I think I share Dave’s view, all games but the final :lol: 

Seriously though, looking forward to this year’s campaign. It is going to be very tough, the groups are incredibly difficult & I’m just not sure how both teams would go. Has much as I hate Arnie, I think he’d have a much better chance at taking them further than bimbo. They just aren’t the same side this year. If Victory can play like they did in January then I rate them a serious chance. They had a tough schedule but managed to get through playing that high tempo style with almost no injuries. Will be good to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

much as I hate Arnie, I think he’d have a much better chance at taking them further than bimbo.

He may be better than Corica, but he's failed at every attempt in Asia (I don't think simply making it out of your group once is a significant enough success).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×