HAL 2018/19 Round 6

Paul01

4 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Pitch invader. He was on crutches.

How in the **** did he get past security? Lol

my bad i saw him but then the camera panned away and the commentators said this is getting nasty and the crowd gasped, was curious what happened there :P i suppose he was already on crutches so he had that going for him

4 minutes ago, mack said:

Wearing a pair of NRL shorts and either a Australian Cricket or Rugby Union shirt. 

Typical Gosford. :rofl:

Only thing missing was a bottle of grog wrapped in a brown paper bag and you have the full Gosford...

Edited by Smoggy
1 hour ago, btron3000 said:

Possibly the worst VAR decision so far, and there’s been some howlers.

Unbelievable that they continue to get this so wrong.

No it’s not

The worst VAR decision so far has either been our derby goal disallowing or the two or three red cards given last season for “off the ball contact with an opponent’s face”

The way I saw it, Lowry came in, missed the tackle, and then kicked out to trip the player

He contacted studs up with the side of the opponent’s shin

Like, at the very least, it’s a foul 

There’s absolutely no evidence to suggest he did that on purpose. He was sliding and his leg came up. It’s only anally retentive referees that think this is a foul, let alone a red.

Regardless of whether people think it’s a foul, is it a clear and obvious error that requires VAR? Is it a play that the game should be stopped for? No way in hell.

3 hours ago, Unlimited said:

No it’s not

The worst VAR decision so far has either been our derby goal disallowing or the two or three red cards given last season for “off the ball contact with an opponent’s face”

The way I saw it, Lowry came in, missed the tackle, and then kicked out to trip the player

He contacted studs up with the side of the opponent’s shin

Like, at the very least, it’s a foul 

He wasn't even tackling anyone!  He slid in to get the ball, which he did, before an opposition player was even in sight, cleaned up his teammate in the process and his momentum took him towards the late arriving opponent who then turned [to follow the ball?] and then there was contact.  I'd probably be pushing it to suggest the opponent caused the contact, but ...

7 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

He wasn't even tackling anyone!  He slid in to get the ball, which he did, before an opposition player was even in sight, cleaned up his teammate in the process and his momentum took him towards the late arriving opponent who then turned [to follow the ball?] and then there was contact.  I'd probably be pushing it to suggest the opponent caused the contact, but ...

Here's the official review. Incorrect outcome by the match officials and MRP

Ben Wilson's explanation

As a result of the melee, the referee communicated to the VAR that he was going to caution Stefan Mauk and Jordan Elsey. The VAR informed the referee that it was actually Taylor Regan who put his hand on the face of Mauk. Following discussion with the VAR, the referee decided to give Regan a second yellow card for unsporting behaviour and sent him from the field. Stefan Mauk was also cautioned.

In the Referees Department’s weekly post-round review (involving FFA’s senior referee coaches and myself), it was determined that the correct outcome should have been for the VAR to recommend an on-field review and Regan should have been shown a direct red card for his conduct.

50 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Here's the official review. Incorrect outcome by the match officials and MRP

Ben Wilson's explanation

As a result of the melee, the referee communicated to the VAR that he was going to caution Stefan Mauk and Jordan Elsey. The VAR informed the referee that it was actually Taylor Regan who put his hand on the face of Mauk. Following discussion with the VAR, the referee decided to give Regan a second yellow card for unsporting behaviour and sent him from the field. Stefan Mauk was also cautioned.

In the Referees Department’s weekly post-round review (involving FFA’s senior referee coaches and myself), it was determined that the correct outcome should have been for the VAR to recommend an on-field review and Regan should have been shown a direct red card for his conduct.

Paul, I think I read the official review/response of the Lowry red card somewhere on the forum. Which is the incident my comments relate to. Your response above relates to an incident in a different match. Am I  missing something? 

50 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Paul, I think I read the official review/response of the Lowry red card somewhere on the forum. Which is the incident my comments relate to. Your response above relates to an incident in a different match. Am I  missing something? 

This was for the Regan incident. The explanation is they made a mistake not awarding a straight red. Regan would have got 2 weeks instead of 1 for the double yellow.

This weekend, there should have been 3