Sign in to follow this  
mack

Western Sydney Wanderers vs Central Coast Mariners 7/12/2018 7:50PM

39 minutes ago, beatsurrender said:

Sounds dodgy ;)

Not at all.

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

season starts tonight

Not a single person out there is tipping us to win, very concerning - then again not many of them tipped us to beat Wellington.

Need Roly to run amok, need Risdon to have one of his Socceroos level performances, need Riera to find his mojo, need Ziegler to show everyone what he can do.

53 minutes ago, Johnno said:

season starts tonight

Fitzgerald actually used those very words on Bill & Boz this week.

Edited by beatsurrender

Dizzying record

RELATED ARTICLE

'Bitter-sweet' homecoming for Mariners midfielder Shabow

Add to shortlist

At face value, Western Sydney's round seven clash against Central Coast at Spotless Stadium on Friday night isn't billed as a historic match but it will likely lead to a new record.

The Wanderers' powerchair goalkeeper Andy Waite will be attempting to set a new Guinness World Record of most spins in a powerchair in a minute during half-time of the match. Powerchair football is a variant of the game for people with physical disabilities.

He is not only confident of setting a new record, but tripling it. With the current record set at 32 rotations, Waite has already made over 100 in a previous attempt that wasn't registered due to technicalities.

However, with official judges attending the match and in front of an audience of thousands, Waite believes there will be no reason why he won't be a new record holder on Friday night.

"We were discussing in the car park about what I've done and the club came on board. Within half an hour of me telling them, they had already put in an application with the Guinness book of World Records to do it," Waite said. "The Wanderers have really embraced us. They've taken us on fully, the chance to do player appearances, go to all the games and even interstate games. It's just been amazing."

15 minutes ago, beatsurrender said:

Fitzgerald actually used those very words on Bill & Boz this week.

its good to see he got the talking points email then

Dizzying record

At face value, Western Sydney's round seven clash against Central Coast at Spotless Stadium on Friday night isn't billed as a historic match but it will likely lead to a new record.

The Wanderers' powerchair goalkeeper Andy Waite will be attempting to set a new Guinness World Record of most spins in a powerchair in a minute during half-time of the match. Powerchair football is a variant of the game for people with physical disabilities.

He is not only confident of setting a new record, but tripling it. With the current record set at 32 rotations, Waite has already made over 100 in a previous attempt that wasn't registered due to technicalities.

However, with official judges attending the match and in front of an audience of thousands, Waite believes there will be no reason why he won't be a new record holder on Friday night.

"We were discussing in the car park about what I've done and the club came on board. Within half an hour of me telling them, they had already put in an application with the Guinness book of World Records to do it," Waite said. "The Wanderers have really embraced us. They've taken us on fully, the chance to do player appearances, go to all the games and even interstate games. It's just been amazing."

35 minutes ago, hawks2767 said:

Not a single person out there is tipping us to win, very concerning - then again not many of them tipped us to beat Wellington.

Need Roly to run amok, need Risdon to have one of his Socceroos level performances, need Riera to find his mojo, need Ziegler to show everyone what he can do.

Tab has a draw and a CCM win at $4 and $4.50, so someone must be putting money on a WSW win ($1.70)

5 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Dizzying record

I saw a video on facebook of that unofficial attempt. He'll smash the record tonight and it'll be worth watching.

We will win 3-1 from 3-0 up. You heard it here first. Expect a cuppla changes

Vedge

Riz         BJ        Zig (43' / Y)        Taz (Y)
                 Tok (71')
                      Keanu (Y)
Jaush           AB10 (10')           Broooce
                     Ori

Bench: Fitz (Jaush 61'), Majok (Ori 88'), Raul, JoD (AB10 72'), Suman

2 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

Plus, someone needs to knock Matt Simon the **** out.

1 hour ago, TehSmileyBandit said:

Vedge

Tok (71')
                      Keanu (Y)
                     Ori

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c09dd7a6f365a6932

2 hours ago, SomeGuy1977 said:

Plus, someone needs to knock Matt Simon the **** out.

i could never get to the front of that line fast enough

I quite like the A-Leagues angriest man, especially when he kicks someone over then looks angry at them for being kicked 

2 hours ago, Swarth said:

i could never get to the front of that line fast enough

If I were in that line I would be tooled up for sure...as per from 25secs in

Edited by Smoggy

Lineup:

Vedran, Tarek, Ziegler, Hamill, Risdon, Baccus, O'Doherty, Baumjohann, Sotirio, Kamau, Riera.

Subs: Nizic, Fitz, Tokich, Llorente, Majok

6 hours ago, TehSmileyBandit said:

Vedge

Tok (71')
                      Keanu (Y)
                     Ori

10/11

Lineup as above but JOD for Tokich.

Looking forward to some Ziggy.

Sotirio & Elrich

We're fùçķèď...

tarek at fb>tarek at cb

we couldn't possibly have trotted out majok again - sending out 'athletes' may work in afl but not here.

pleased to see llorente coping a consequence for his piss poor effort last week - would have been nowhere to hide for him during film session during the week I would suspect.

prediction - 2-1 loss + sideline blow-up between riera and MB.

also - friday night games are shithouse for those that work away

Edited by lloydy136

13 minutes ago, alexd said:

Sotirio & Elrich

We're fùçķèď...

Choose any 11 we are still probably ****ed 

i cant wait to see riera score 0 goals

i know not our team but i just looked at the tv(unable to make the match) and saw pain on the tv........that describes how i feel about the wanderers :P

This is almost as bad a start as last week.

We can win this against the only team that has worst luck than us. This will be good

9 minutes ago, Swarth said:

babbel has awesome shoes

He's wearing pink linen

So European metrosexual

What’s happening? I got nothing....no Fox no dodgy stream ...nothing!!!! :nono: