Sign in to follow this  
mack

South West Sydney & West Melbourne To Join A-League

23 hours ago, btron3000 said:

I don’t know why anyone’s complaining (or praising for that matter) the outcome. We never saw the bids, we’ve got limited info to go on. Sure, we can have our preferences, but do we really know enough to be critical? 

Why don’t we all just accept the decision and hope it pans out?

You might be on the wrong thread I think. That post just makes too much sense 

Oh yeah it's The World Game aka The Peoples Game. Funny how some people are more than other people. And here comes Santa Claus for the six year olds who still believe. 

6 hours ago, Nek said:

Didn't they say that their catchment includes Southern Districts, Bankstown and Ctown juniors?

Look I would be worried FOR THEM if they are targeting southern districts and Bankstown thats a lot of Wanderers fans. What is left is Smurf bois and Euro snobs.

8 hours ago, Ossified said:

Let's have a quick look at their current backers. Lang Walker (Property developer), Pasquale Carbone (mate of Joe Tripodi) no need to say any more. Gino Marra who's company Potentia Capitol a backer of Syd Fc and a sponsor of Brosque, Marra is regularly seen around Western Sydney with his Sydney FC Webjet jumper on. Dodgy bunch if ever I saw one.

That's messed up.

I doubt it was a main goal but definitely one of the goals was to try stop the growth of WSW.

People keep saying the South West has massive growth and all I'm hearing is Western Sydney has massive growth with future WSW fans.

Their long term goal will be to get gifted some land they can build a stadium on and a few hundred apartments. Same as WMG.

5 hours ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Look I would be worried FOR THEM if they are targeting southern districts and Bankstown thats a lot of Wanderers fans. What is left is Smurf bois and Euro snobs.

They aren't aiming to take Wanderers fans they are aiming to create fans of their club within suburbs that are reasonably close to their ground.  There are heaps of people with a background in football in SWS that aren't aligned to a club.

Competition is good. Don’t complain about “moving in our territory” bs. If they have enough fans to support themselves, good for them.