Sign in to follow this  
Neverbloom

how do you think you will feel about SWS?

I work in the Southwest.

Straw poll for today

1 Wanderers in the morning doing her morning walk in an ACL jersey.

Looked like an older Cove member and 6 year old Bobo fan

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

9 minutes ago, portaluppista23 said:

lol apparently harry Kewell and Paul Okon are from their region.

i didnt know paul okon played in ctown.

just a question -Isnt fairlfield closer to parra then to ctown?

Whaaa. I distinctly remember okon having a connection with Marrickville red devils? Or maybe his kids. Not sure. Prob wrong.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ZachMercer said:

Whaaa. I distinctly remember okon having a connection with Marrickville red devils? Or maybe his kids. Not sure. Prob wrong.

Okon was and is a Fairfield boy and still lives there. His kids are in school in that region.

one of his boys is in our Academy 

Edited by Paul01
Added info

2 minutes ago, portaluppista23 said:

msws trying to stitch us up- in their latest forum apparently.

fairfield is western sydney and no one can change that

That’s because one of the main spokesman is the extent Sydney United Head man which was the SouthWest Sydney part of their combined bid. He can f*** o**

34 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Okon was and is a Fairfield boy and still lives there. His kids are in school in that region.

one of his boys is in our Academy 

I stand corrected.

33 minutes ago, portaluppista23 said:

msws trying to stitch us up- in their latest forum apparently.

fairfield is western sydney and no one can change that

I have to confess I have no fn idea of the catchment for this zone. I now live in Newtown but they call Strathfield the inner west now! Is Ingelburn the inner west now?

If you want to have a gander at a summary of the night, a ftbl.com rep tweeted the night under the hashtag #MSWUFORUM

1 hour ago, portaluppista23 said:

WSW about some training system and transfers

That seems like a legitimate problem but one that you’d hope gets sorted with independent AL. Didn’t mind having a closer relationship with NPL clubs

Some really ambitious targets, 20m in sponsorship target (victory does 27m CCM 11), 10-12k ticketed members & won’t be making the same mistakes as the same Sydney clubs over the years.

Comments around “we are close with the two Sydney clubs” & “active support is out of control” are a bit of a laugh.

Be interested to see how they can grow the 100+ attendance & reaching 100,000 people in the region via marketing means will get them to the figure of 10-12k attendances.

Its because Southern Districts aligned with them apparently, so they are trying to claim the SW areas of Fairfield to Liverpool. Liverpool should be the absolute border and they should be concentrating on the Ctown region and beyond - like their bid said they would.

No wonder WSW as a club don't want this team. They are clearly targeting WSW heartland. The T-Way on game days was always packed going to Parra. its WSW territory. They can gtfo

So what's this about a Wanderers fan who was there last night looking to switch because of the RBB?

1 hour ago, portaluppista23 said:

also just to stitch them up we should bring up why they trying to poach our youth academy players i thought they gonna go for npl players from their region

Hopefully they won't be relying too much on Macarthur Rams; club has been a basket case for a number of years now !!

100% you can put the house on this club marketing themselves as a 'Wanderers without the troublemakers' type setup.

2 hours ago, portaluppista23 said:

ohh some knucklehead apparently said he wants to switch because of the "violence" and "hooligan element" of the RBB

I swear there r some soft ****s that supposedly support us lol

Interesting...

I'm reading the post on Facebook from someone who was there last night.

He also mentioned one other supporter who supported both ESFC, us and now is looking to switch to SWS?

I could not give a **** where they target their campaign. If people jump ship, they're obviously not committed to the club anyway, so **** em, no real loss. The more people supporting A-league teams in general is a good thing.

I understand it is more poignant for people living in potential catchment areas for both clubs, but if it creates more pathways for young local kids to get a shot at the big time, it's a win for me.

But I do find it amusing some of the language they use to market themselves as different to both Sydney teams (which of course they have to do so that they aren't another Heart/City).

I personally think that they are currently saying the right things and making the right moves (community based, local focus, wanting to help the future footballers).

The big issue is how big do they need to be to be sustainable? If they can get by with say a Newcastle sized fan base (who are incredibly loyal and parochial) they'll do well. South West Sydney is one of (if not the) biggest growth areas of the country. Their catchment area will eventually be huge, but it's still being built.

Personally I thought the team would be best to be started in 5-10 years when it's more developed, but if it had to be in Sydney, it was the better option than the Southern Expansion bid.

Sydney is big enough for 3-4 teams minimum. It's 5.5 million people and growing. Canberra is about 400k.

I want a Canberra team too, and believe they'll come in as a Nux replacement or in the next round of expansion.

The reason a Sydney team was included is mainly to appease Fox who want more teams in their biggest TV markets (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane) for increased advertising revenue.

2 hours ago, Carns said:

If it had to be in Sydney, it was the better option than the Southern Expansion bid.

Funnily enough the only reason they had a chance was due to the previous FFA board who pretty much guaranteed it’s entry & dictating its catchment (South Sydney, Wollongong & Illawarra region).

If they had just focused on South Sydney, it would have been a decent shout.

2 hours ago, Carns said:

The reason a Sydney team was included is mainly to appease Fox who want more teams in their biggest TV markets

Fox wrote it into the latest TV contract that if the next two expansion teams were from Sydney & Melbourne, then they’d get an $5m

32 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Fox wrote it into the latest TV contract that if the next two expansion teams were from Sydney & Melbourne, then they’d get an $5m

And are trying to get out of the agreement because Western United doesn't have Melbourne in its name.

:rolleyes: :xmad:

Blame FFA for choosing a team that will be playing in Geelong and perhaps some time in the future, a semi-rural area that's as much a part of Melbourne as Katoomba is part of Sydney.

16 hours ago, portaluppista23 said:

ffa just want to tear wsw support base up by adding in another team in the same ******* region ffs league is ****ed say what you want but too much politics in football. This is gallop for sure he hates us ( supporters) adding in a another team in the same region is a big **** you from gallop. 

Gallop is the biggest Sydney Centric person you'll ever come across, oif he had it his way with Expansion, he would have added 2 more Sydney teams.

Gallop is not a big fan of a National league and not a fan of having regional teams either.

On 14/03/2019 at 11:21 PM, mack said:

Blame FFA for choosing a team that will be playing in Geelong and perhaps some time in the future, a semi-rural area that's as much a part of Melbourne as Katoomba is part of Sydney.

Geelong is part of the Melbourne ratings area just like the Blue Mountains and Central Coast are part of the Sydney ratings area.