Macarthur FC

mack

honestly its weird for me because i was born in liverpool, partly grew up in cabramatta, spent quite a bit time around prairiewood, so i do have a connection with south west sydney so i think for me they will kinda be a team i support whenever they are not against the wanderers, wont buy any merch, will not buy a membership considering their stadium is further away for me than sydney fc are but i think i'll just kinda watch them on tv and support them from afar

also will be very excited for the derbies

Need to understand their target demographic.

WSW are embedded in Fairfield and Liverpool area (partnership with Marconi for instance). So not sure how much SWS are going to be pushing in this area or will concentrate more south of Liverpool.

Remember, NewSydneyClub did forums in Mounties, CTown, Penrith, Parra. It was a club for all of Western Sydney.

I think that it is a good team to introduce, talk of the M7 being the boundary doesn’t bother me too much. My only issue is that it’s probably 5 years too early.

They’ve got a ready made stadium ready to go, one of the richest guys in Australia backing them but won’t have the population in the region to push them for another 10 years. I very much doubt that there will be the big uplift in numbers in the league the FFA were hoping for with another Sydney team.

A little disappointed that other areas didn’t get much of a look in but appears that the increase in broadcast revenue dependent on teams being from Sydney & Melbourne forced the FFA’s hands.

Not a problem for me....Wanderers.

As long as they never go down the road of :the ....."we're Man U of Asia or the team for the whole of Sydney crap"....I couldn't care less.

Just another team to go out and beat and another away derby...........if any of our supporters shift allegience...so what.....a lot of us stopped supporting other teams or codes when we came along.....

Edited by sonar
21 hours ago, thefairy said:

Lived my whole life around Cabramatta/Fairfield area. Would I support the new club? No. I already have a club that represent me.

Lets say, I don't have a team and I am new to the A-league. I don't know who I would support. lol. If sws targets Asian players and have Asian influences that might sway me over if i didn't have a club.

That's racist

I’d also hate if our fan base started turning salty over the new team & if fans from the SW (Campbelltown & beyond) wanted to support the new team. I’m sure there are plenty of fans who weren’t engaged with the AL wanted to support them, then we wouldn’t whinge.

16 hours ago, mack said:

They'll matter as much to me as the Mariners do. Which is basically nothing unless they are a rival for a trophy.

Maybe slightly better because it'll be easier to get to their away games than the Mariners.

I’d be more concerned about where the Mariners will get there players from now that there are two western Sydney teams :lol: 

Well I live in that catchment area, it hasn't really been much of a fuss out this way, little exposure from local media until the expansion talk started to heat up.

In saying that, I don't really mind them being in the A-League, but as Prydz said, they're probably 5 years too early.

On 14/12/2018 at 1:44 PM, Erebus said:

Need to understand their target demographic.

WSW are embedded in Fairfield and Liverpool area (partnership with Marconi for instance). So not sure how much SWS are going to be pushing in this area or will concentrate more south of Liverpool.

Remember, NewSydneyClub did forums in Mounties, CTown, Penrith, Parra. It was a club for all of Western Sydney.

Well I have spoken to someone who is a supporter of the bid. He has claimed that they are not targeting WSW members who live within their catchment area, I asked him what areas are they targeting, he said besides the MacArthur-Campbelltown area, they are also targeting areas along the M5/Hume Highway corridor between the Southern Highlands and Canterbury-Bankstown area, thats what he believes and he believes those areas have not been claimed by WSW yet.

They are also looking to align themselves with NPL clubs based in the South-West

7 hours ago, Legionista said:

F u c k ‘em. 

I agree.  I don't live in Sydney so maybe I am out of line in saying so, but I would like the Wanderers to adopt a ruthless mentality aimed at dominating all opposition off, as well as on the field - no quarter given.  None of this 'Congratulations, welcome to the league' kind of stuff.  They should have to fight us for every square meter of territory.

• mack pinned this topic