Macarthur FC

mack

Sounds like Tony Rallis is not a fan of Macarthur.  He gave them a serve on SST, apparently someone from the Bulls has been putting s*it on the Mariners,  but they still have tried to poach a lot of their players, the latest being Mark Birighitti.

13 minutes ago, papersun said:

Sounds like Tony Rallis is not a fan of Macarthur.  He gave them a serve on SST, apparently someone from the Bulls has been putting s*it on the Mariners,  but they still have tried to poach a lot of their players, the latest being Mark Birighitti.

There's a bit of a queue whern it comes to the Mariners.........:ninja:

:D

Edited by sonar
34 minutes ago, papersun said:

Tony Rallis not a a fan of former Sydney United Sam Kryslovic 

23 hours ago, papersun said:

They put **** on CCM at their fans forum saying that MacArthur is now a bigger club than the Mariners, disrespectful no?

On 18/02/2020 at 9:07 PM, Flytox said:

Walker Corporation will continue as a major five-year sponsor of Macarthur FC, while the Gerace and Mammone families will take Walker’s place as a shareholder, strengthening both the local support and investment in the Club

Use LangWalkers wealth in order to secure the license & then once you’re too far in to take it off them. Sell it off :lol:

Does anyone know anything about the new owners?

2 minutes ago, Flytox said:

Show me another club that had $15m in sponsorship teed up before they kicked a ball.

Let’s not forget how strong Western United looked when they first kicked off. Looked like they had money for marquees, stadium just about to start. Fast forward 6 months, falling out with player agent who put together the team, assistant coaches moved on & players sold due to money & stadium build stalled, delayed till when?

Until I know more about these new owners, I don’t think it means much. For me those they’ve listed in management don’t fill me with much confidence especially in regards to there previous dealings.

They’ve certainly done well on the PR front, as we know with our club, talk & action are two different things.

18 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Let’s not forget how strong Western United looked when they first kicked off. Looked like they had money for marquees, stadium just about to start. Fast forward 6 months, falling out with player agent who put together the team, assistant coaches moved on & players sold due to money & stadium build stalled, delayed till when?

Until I know more about these new owners, I don’t think it means much. For me those they’ve listed in management don’t fill me with much confidence especially in regards to there previous dealings.

They’ve certainly done well on the PR front, as we know with our club, talk & action are two different things.

Yep...........as with us it be results on the pitch that matter. 

There's no way they're getting $5 million a year in cash sponsorship for a new A-League team in Campbelltown.

We already know that their $1m a year shirt sponsorship was simply part of the sale of Lang Walkers shares to the new owners, it's not a real reflection of their sponsorship value.

Lang Walker has apparently made a profit on the $7 million license fee he paid, and since one of his companies is now paying $1m a year for 5 years, you can assume that the new owners paid $13 to $15 million for his 50% of the club. They pay Walker $15 million, on condition that one of his companies gives back $1m a year for 5 years, so Walker ends up making $15 million directly and the $5m sponsorship is folded into the profit & loss for the company.

The new owners are just exchanging their upfront cash for a long-term drip feed without having to worry about a front of shirt sponsor for 5 years. It's similar to Lederer going to his mates at Centuria and getting them to sponsor us as part of their joint dealings on a near billion dollars worth of office tower property in Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne.

I'd be surprised if WSW was making $5 million a year from it's sponsorships. And we actually exist.

I would bet that Macarthur have a few million at best in direct cash sponsorships (including their 1m a year shirt sponsorship) and the rest is in-kind services & joint promotional work.

2 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

The $15m sponsorship over 3 years was signed off a few months ago well before Walker sold his share of the club.

The new shareholders are a mystery to me.  They are local businessmen.  One owns a few businesses and one of them has 76 staff and a turnover of about $30m pa according to Dun and Bradstreet.  The other I can't find much about.

I think that both Fraser and Krayem having moved on is a good thing.

The fun continues at Macarthur.  Stead was the guy who sacked Mike Mulvey not long after he won the title with Roar.

Vince Rugari article.

A-League boss Greg O'Rourke insists there is no cause for concern at incoming expansion club Macarthur FC despite a concerning turnover of key personnel, which continued with the departure of football director Ken Stead.

High-performance guru Stead, who worked closely with Ange Postecoglou during his successful tenure at Brisbane Roar, was appointed in October to a wide-ranging role at the head of Macarthur's football department.

Trumpeted as a "major off-field signing" at the time, Stead was to have oversight of not only the A-League team but all academy and community football structures beneath it.

But his role was made redundant this week, club sources said, in the latest round of behind-the-scenes changes at the Campbelltown-based club.

It comes days after executive chairman Rabieh Krayem quit and major investor Lang Walker sold his 50 per cent share in the club, while last year, Archie Fraser's tenure as chief executive lasted just four months.

O'Rourke told the Herald "everything's fine" at the club, describing Krayem's resignation as a natural consequence of Walker's decision to exit as a shareholder. Walker, however, remains attached as a five-year major sponsor of the Bulls.

Macarthur FC was conceived after two rival expansion bids from Sydney's south-west joined forces - one of them led by Walker, the other by Gino Marra, who has become the new chairman.

"When they were building the ownership structure, they had a plan, but when Lang came on, he said as part of his conditions of being a 50 per cent investor that he wanted his owner leadership team," O'Rourke said. "When he left, they went back to plan A, and that didn't include the people brought together by Lang."

Marra would not comment when contacted by the Herald.

Stead was an appointment made by Krayem, one of three Walker-pointed directors, who told the Herald that "change happens" in football.

"It's a simple change of ownership ... I was appointed as a Walker director. The new owners, they can appoint their own board," Krayem said.

Macarthur, who will be coached by Matildas boss Ante Milicic, have only officially confirmed the signing of one player, Tommy Oar, but are believed to have several others locked in that they are unable to announce due to agreements with rival clubs.

The A-League can ill-afford for a second expansion club to hit rough waters. Western United have endured a difficult first season in the competition as they await construction on their proposed stadium, with average crowds of around 5,000 at multiple venues scattered across the western part of Victoria.

• 3 weeks later...

@Zenith_SEM (Chris Tanner) on twitter:

"Campbelltown Croatia" NEWS - @FFA  & @ALeague bosses are opening their eyes with implosion of @mfcbulls under stewardship of "Honest" @Gino_Marra & "Citizen" @SKrslovic.. sackings, walkouts, broken promises, fake sponsors, fake academy owned by others, missed licence payments

sponsors withdrawing interest, illegal poker machine trading, fraudulent acquisition of other people's IP, abuse of office at @SDSFAFootball , no more "proof of funds" ... as a prominent rival bidder pronounced this week "everybody in the game has been duped" ... time for @rorkygreg to get rid of this future embarrassment

Is this the same site that supported the bloke that wanted to set up a western Sydney club but was bypassed by the FFA in favour of the first club that Tredenick that didn't get off the ground?

7 hours ago, Flytox said:

Is this the same site that supported the bloke that wanted to set up a western Sydney club but was bypassed by the FFA in favour of the first club that Tredenick that didn't get off the ground?

Yes, it's Chris Tanner who along with Peter Begley & Richie Williams was part of the bid that wanted to play all their games at ANZ Stadium and call themselves "Greater Western Sydney".

On 14/03/2020 at 2:16 AM, mack said:

Yes, it's Chris Tanner who along with Peter Begley & Richie Williams was part of the bid that wanted to play all their games at ANZ Stadium and call themselves "Greater Western Sydney".

By all means let them call themselves the GWS Giant-D*ckheads.

• 1 month later...
On 14/03/2020 at 2:16 AM, mack said:

That’s a great idea ANZ is a fine place for football 

• 2 weeks later...

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/bulls-lasso-trio-to-beef-up-a-league-roster?fbclid=IwAR1R66CeDy3R9jgKhZjW42rgdgGf6uNWdbcEpEAgdvojdxMgNomgGMUXQMs

"Bosnian-based defender Aleksandar Jovanovic, Brisbane Roar right-back Jake McGing and ex-Central Coast Mariners midfielder Liam Rose are all likely to be saddling up with the Macarthur Bulls in their debut A-League season"

It also mentions that Adam Federici is rumoured to join them as well. Big signing if that's confirmed.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...