Macarthur FC

mack

• 2 weeks later...

The FFA have decided to in no way promote the Wanderers or the RBB in ordee to facilitate growth and support for the new franchise. This I'm assuming will be to not generate new fans for us from the 'region' and encourage present one's to split. To not promote goes right down to their photographer's capturing Active WSW support. There probably is a fine line between not promote and dish and dissuade. Tears are not being shed for our present predicament. It suits a greater purpose. 

22 minutes ago, DamnedUnited said:

The FFA have decided to in no way promote the Wanderers or the RBB in ordee to facilitate growth and support for the new franchise. This I'm assuming will be to not generate new fans for us from the 'region' and encourage present one's to split. To not promote goes right down to their photographer's capturing Active WSW support. There probably is a fine line between not promote and dish and dissuade. Tears are not being shed for our present predicament. It suits a greater purpose. 

The twitter account claiming that looks as reliable as our defence.

The FFA have held their entrance back an entire season at the request of WSW...

56 minutes ago, DamnedUnited said:

I don't buy this as it would indicate an element of cohesion from the FFA........

On 22/12/2018 at 11:09 PM, SBW said:

Well I live in that catchment area, it hasn't really been much of a fuss out this way, little exposure from local media until the expansion talk started to heat up.

In saying that, I don't really mind them being in the A-League, but as Prydz said, they're probably 5 years too early.

Well I have spoken to someone who is a supporter of the bid. He has claimed that they are not targeting WSW members who live within their catchment area, I asked him what areas are they targeting, he said besides the MacArthur-Campbelltown area, they are also targeting areas along the M5/Hume Highway corridor between the Southern Highlands and Canterbury-Bankstown area, thats what he believes and he believes those areas have not been claimed by WSW yet.

They are also looking to align themselves with NPL clubs based in the South-West

Nope, I live in Goulburn and lot's of Wanderers supporters down here and in the Highlands. Any HAL fans here already support either WSW or ESFC.

Rumour has it that they will be called South West Sydney Wanderers, and that their core squad will consist of Covic, Tyson, Polenz, NTS, Beauchamp, Poljak, La Rocca, Bridge, Kresinger, Gibbs, Cole, Appiah, Jason Trifiro, Perkatis, Caira, Ono. It is yet to be confirmed if Hersi, D'Apuzzo and Haliti are going to come out of retirement.

1 hour ago, FCB said:

Rumour has it that they will be called South West Sydney Wanderers, and that their core squad will consist of Covic, Tyson, Polenz, NTS, Beauchamp, Poljak, La Rocca, Bridge, Kresinger, Gibbs, Cole, Appiah, Jason Trifiro, Perkatis, Caira, Ono. It is yet to be confirmed if Hersi, D'Apuzzo and Haliti are going to come out of retirement.

Any rumours who the coachovic will be?

On 23/02/2019 at 11:50 AM, FCB said:

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c738eaf656f696867

• mack pinned this topic