Macarthur FC

mack

Flytox said 500 sold tickets for the Macarthur FC launch. In the end there were 600 at $150 a head, which is pretty impressive.

Apart from a 20min delay in getting the official video sound to work and the incorrect spelling of Ante Milicic's name as 'Milic' on the big screen when he was introduced as the inaugural coach (must have been why he left early) it was a very positive start for the new franchise.

Hopefully many of the businesses represented will stay with the club for the ride.

The Indigenous Academy is a nice touch and Lang Walker told me that work on Campbelltown Stadium will start soon - though how much can be achieved by an Oct 2020-21 kickoff is questionable.

Irrespective it is all good competition and rivalry for WSW and boosts football in Sydney's west.

• 2 months later...
New A-League club loses CEO before a ball is kicked

NEW A-LEAGUE CLUB LOSES CEO BEFORE A BALL IS KICKED

By a Staff Writer Aug 23 2019 1:10PM

New Sydney A-League expansion side Macarthur FC have lost their CEO Archie Fraser just four months after his appointment.

The former head of the A-League and ex-CEO of St Kilda AFL club has quit to return to a new job in Melbourne, he said today.

“I am grateful for the opportunity to be the inaugural CEO of Macarthur FC," said Fraser.

"But after a few months in the role, I have chosen to head back to Melbourne to take on a role in the technology sector.

“My thoughts are that it was best to make this decision early, and in the best interests of the club before things really kicked off.

“I am confident that Macarthur FC will be a fantastic club and a great addition to the A-League from season 2020/21, and whoever is eventually appointed to the role will find enthusiasm from the local football fans, business community and local government Councils.

“It is a wonderful football area, with outstanding potential.”

Fraser will finish in the role on September 6.

Macarthur FC chairman Rabieh Krayem, will take over the executive duties until a new CEO is appointed, the club said today.

“We are sorry to lose Archie,” said Krayem.

“He is one of the most experienced and knowledgeable people in football in Australia, and we wish him well.”

5 hours ago, Davo said:

Bit more info (or at least wild speculation) here:

A-League expansion club Macarthur dealt blow by CEO's shock exit

This is the critical bit

"One sticking point, it’s understood, was Fraser’s attempt to grapple with the inordinate influence of part-owner, board member and football director Sam Krslovic, the former Sydney United powerbroker.

It’s believed Krslovic was the arbiter in the appointment of Ante Milicic for the club’s maiden A-League season in 2019-2020, with the current Matildas’ chief reporting directly to him"

So Krslovic wants to go back to his NPL ways.

• 2 weeks later...

Last Saturday at the NPL GF the Bulls were out in full force, getting a shiteload of new members signed up:

We are at @BankwestStadium for the @footballns @NPLNSW 1 Grand Final with @apialeichhardt
@SydUtd58FC @FFA @ALeague

2:51 PM · Aug 31, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
  • mack pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Flytox said:

I'm guessing JT's interview with Kevin Airs was driven by the state of WSW membership renewals??  I have friends in Campbelltown who aren't renewing and quite a number who had never committed to any A-League club that are intending to join up to the Bulls.

I think it was mostly just because WSW had a media day and did a bunch of interviews with anyone who asked.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Flytox said:

Work started on Macarthur's training complex today.  It will be completed in time for the start of their 2nd season.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/macarthur-fc-set-to-move-into-brand-new-training-base-from-2021-20191028-p5350w.html

Funny how a certain other club that has been in the A-League since its first season, a club that claims to represent ALL of Sydney, that claims to be the biggest in Australia, that has never shied away from spending bog dollars on football talent, is yet to match the investment in training facilities that another club which hasn't even signed a single player yet has done...

EH8zEeUUEAEPf-6?format=jpg&name=900x900

14 hours ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Funny how a certain other club that has been in the A-League since its first season, a club that claims to represent ALL of Sydney, that claims to be the biggest in Australia, that has never shied away from spending bog dollars on football talent, is yet to match the investment in training facilities that another club which hasn't even signed a single player yet has done...

EH8zEeUUEAEPf-6?format=jpg&name=900x900

I thought the same. Bulls will beat out Easts for the youth. Also means they are most definitively our main competitors getting the best players in Western Sydney along with Mariners 

17 hours ago, Flytox said:

Work started on Macarthur's training complex today.  It will be completed in time for the start of their 2nd season.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/macarthur-fc-set-to-move-into-brand-new-training-base-from-2021-20191028-p5350w.html

i love how things like this are happening, the more football facilities being built the better, nice to see another sydney based team who actually knows how to plan ahead

18 hours ago, Flytox said:

Guys, please post the article in full rather than just a link. #Subscriptionmedia

35 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Guys, please post the article in full rather than just a link. #Subscriptionmedia

Macarthur FC set to move into brand-new training base from 2021

Macarthur FC are set to walk into a state-of-the-art training complex in their second season in the A-League after breaking ground on the construction of a new facility in Campbelltown on Monday.

Five football fields, a gym, swimming pool, indoor futsal courts and administration facilities will be included in the new facility funded by the federal government, local council and Western Sydney University.

The Bulls will become the major tenant of the facility once it's completed in two years time, allowing the club to move in before the start of the 2021/22 A-League season.

The A-League expansion club will train out of the WSU campus for their inaugural season next year before moving into the 7000 square metre elite sports facility across the road the following year.

The proposal for the training base was understood to have been one of the items in the club's original bid document when vying for one of the two A-League expansion licences last year. Club sources suggest they have spent the past year negotiating the facility primarily with the Campbelltown City Council.

The design of the centre of excellence suggest Macarthur could be about to bid for a W-League licence as well, with fields, change rooms and other facilities set aside specifically for women's teams. The Bulls will house their A-League and National Youth League squads at the facility as well as their indigenous football academy, Dharawal FC.

Monday's announcement of the site sees the Bulls become the second football club in Sydney to have a large-scale, elite training base after Western Sydney Wanderers moved into their permanent home in Rooty Hill this season. They will have up to 10 football fields there as well as offices, gymnasium and other facilities. Sydney FC have flagged their intention to open a Centre Of Excellence but are yet to finalise a site for their club base.

Macarthur's inaugural head coach, Ante Milicic is set to formally begin working with the club this week while balancing his duties with the Matildas. Milicic has been living in Croatia in recent years but relocated back to Sydney this week.

HTH

This is a fantastic announcement by Macarthur FC. The more kids who hail from the west and remain in academies in the west, the less kids that will be syphoned off to the east.

As a matter of fact, in 10 years time, I can see ESFC becoming the "Smallest Club in Asia". That will be quite some achievement!!

3 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

This is a fantastic announcement by Macarthur FC. The more kids who hail from the west and remain in academies in the west, the less kids that will be syphoned off to the east.

As a matter of fact, in 10 years time, I can see ESFC becoming the "Smallest Club in Asia". That will be quite some achievement!!

In tens years they'll be releasing press statements to the effect of 'We look forward to finalising the location of our new academy from one of the three places we have identified and been researching since 2005."

5 minutes ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

In tens years they'll be releasing press statements to the effect of 'We look forward to finalising the location of our new academy from one of the three places we have identified and been researching since 2005. We currently favour a location in the heart of East Sydney on Norfolk Island."

Fixed.

5 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

even my Pitt town pirates will be bigger soon :P