Macarthur FC

mack

On 28/08/2020 at 2:08 PM, mack said:

Type of player we should be signing. A very tall striker who isn't a foreign player, who is young and comes from Western Sydney. Even if all you end up using him for is a Matt Simon role off the bench in the last 10 minutes, that's still something that can be valuable to a team.

At the very least he would provide a difference from the cavalcade of short, slow, old, slow and old or short and slow players.

“Short , slow, old “   :sorry:

I NEVER USED TO BE!!!   :aggressive:

....well, maybe short :P

20 hours ago, jockman said:

Stating the bleeding obvious...we knew  the bull$hitters were coming last year and would pose a threat to us on and off the field..covid or no covid..If as a number of folks believe  they are shaping up at least on paper to be a decent team. And we look at this stage are most likely looking at another average to poor season..

If it turns out this way ... covid some impact  and uncertainty around tv rights etc  sure yes. But the club cannot hide behind these issues. We were a shambles way before  this.   the club management still need to be held to account . As said several times already..are they really ok to be the third best team in sydney...

BUT we will be the 3rd best team in Sydney for the next season :db:

Edited by Sithslayer1991
32 minutes ago, mack said:

Memberships are up.

https://membership.macarthurfc.com.au/

Biggest wat is that their active support membership is $440 and their general admission on the hills with no seating is $280.

Probably trying to avoid what happened with the RBB where people joined because it was cheap, not because they wanted to be active.

But that is quite a price hike.

• 2 weeks later...

I reckon people are overestimating the level of support Macarthur is going to pickup from people in the Fairfield/Cabra/Liverpool/Bankstown area.

They might pick up fans from those areas, and some people might switch but the league as a whole has dropped so much support that Macarthur will be lucky to get 5000 people turn up regularly for their matches against non-NSW teams.

14 minutes ago, mack said:

I reckon people are overestimating the level of support Macarthur is going to pickup from people in the Fairfield/Cabra/Liverpool/Bankstown area.

They might pick up fans from those areas, and some people might switch but the league as a whole has dropped so much support that Macarthur will be lucky to get 5000 people turn up regularly for their matches against non-NSW teams.

I agree....I can't really seeing them get too many from Fairfield or Bankstown...i'd give them Liverpool but in essence they will be seen as a parochial Cambelltown/Macarthur outfit.

Yeah I'd move our border a bit south, particularly near Liverpool, but I'd also move the northern border between us and the smurfs slightly to the west. I know a few Hills types who don't identify as from Western Sydney. I'd also argue that the smurfs territory doesn't go that far north on the coast as there would be Mariners fans up there who could get to Gosford faster than Moore Park.

There are plenty of Wanderers Supporters around Fairfield , Cabramatta , Canley Vale , Canley Heights , St Johns Park ,, Bossley Park and Abbotsbury, 

Edensor Park may be Questionable as Sydney United are home there and Macarthur FC is a Croatian football club and that alone may attract some support from the above areas.

2 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

I agree....I can't really seeing them get too many from Fairfield or Bankstown...i'd give them Liverpool but in essence they will be seen as a parochial Cambelltown/Macarthur outfit.

I'd give them nothing.....  I know more people in Oran Park / Harrington Park that follow (and will continue to follow) WSW because we went out there first.
That also applies to Kemps Creek, Leppington, Casula and Bankstown. There will be turncoats, no doubt, but we are ALL of the WEST.

Btw, how did the map come up with those lines - not even a radius?  Liverpool is closer to Parra and about the same distance to our club.

I'm from Liverpool (but moving to Penrith soon) and without a doubt, I not changing to support Macarthur FC.

Infact, you go into Liverpool and without a doubt, there's always someone wearing Wanderers merchandise in Liverpool CBD or at some shopping centre like Westfields Liverpool. So it'll be interesting if anyone jumps ship to Macarthur FC.

In my opinion, Macarthur FC represents Campbelltown, Camden and Picton areas. A friend of mine who lives in Rosemeadow already mentioned that he'll be supporting Macarthur FC (he didn't really follow any A-League clubs, he does support Wollongong Wolves since he did live in Wollongong a while ago) and then said to me "Surely you'll be supporting Macarthur FC as well since it represents Liverpool" and I replied with "No, it f*cking doesn't!"

On 18/09/2020 at 3:32 PM, Keithie said:

Edensor Park may be Questionable as Sydney United are home there and Macarthur FC is a Croatian football club and that alone may attract some support from the above areas.

So Wanderers should hang on to the Serbian support?

The OG RBB membership/leadership all came from the Parks district (Bossley, Edensor, St Johns etc) iirc

There's a reason why the away games were viewed at Marconi. Its because it was nearby to everyone lol. Just because King Tom is in Edensor doesn't mean the entire suburb is Croatian. Bossley is hardly Italian these days, despite Marconi.

On 21/09/2020 at 3:04 PM, MathyouWSW said:

In my opinion, Macarthur FC represents Campbelltown, Camden and Picton areas.

This. I don't believe people from Liverpool identify as from CTown and surrounds.

Cows are having a laugh if they think they can claim all of Liverpool and Fairfield. Its just because the management has ties to SU58 and South Districts.

I'm still laughing/shaking my head they are training at Fairfield Showground.

7 hours ago, Erebus said:

I'm still laughing/shaking my head they are training at Fairfield Showground.

Really?

They should f*ck off to Lynwood Park in Campbelltown (Macarthur Rams homeground)
OR
Ron Dine Memorial Reserve in Camden (Camden Tigers homeground)