Macarthur FC

mack

https://athletic.elcorreo.com/susaeta-benat-australia-sidney-20201103132417-nt.html 

looks like they may be singing Susaeta and Etxebarria

Former Athletic Club team-mates Markel Susaeta and Benat Etxebarria are set to reunite for Australian club Macarthur FC, according to El CORREO

Both deals are expected to be announced in the coming days with Susaeta no stranger to the A-League having played for Melbourne City last season. 

33 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Benat officially signed with Macarthur. Probably the signing of the season, will dominate the league if he stays fit.

This can't be right...

Benat is 80 on FIFA

80!

Other players who are 80 rated include: J Ward-Prowse (Southampton), Dani Ceballos (Arsenal), Arjen Robben (FC Groningen), Nani (Orlando City SC), Sergio Romero (Manchester United), Ricardo Goulart (Hebei China Fortune), Pedro (Roma), Granit Xhaka (Arsenal), Mat Ryan (Brighton & Hove Albion), Henrikh Mkhitaryan (Roma), Diego Costa (Atletico), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Moussa Dembele (Lyon), Hulk (Shanghai SIPG), Jack Grealish (Aston Villa)...

Surely not

2 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

This can't be right...

Benat is 80 on FIFA

80!

Other players who are 80 rated include: J Ward-Prowse (Southampton), Dani Ceballos (Arsenal), Arjen Robben (FC Groningen), Nani (Orlando City SC), Sergio Romero (Manchester United), Ricardo Goulart (Hebei China Fortune), Pedro (Roma), Granit Xhaka (Arsenal), Mat Ryan (Brighton & Hove Albion), Henrikh Mkhitaryan (Roma), Diego Costa (Atletico), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Moussa Dembele (Lyon), Hulk (Shanghai SIPG), Jack Grealish (Aston Villa)...

Surely not

No its true. He has been at Athletic Bilbao for years and is a very good player, he has been around that 80 rating for a while as well.

I read somewhere a while ago he was persuaded by Susueta to come here, especially because of the lifestyle and covid situation compared to other countries.

Rumours are Susueta will sign for them as well, they have a very good chance at winning the league should they play well as a team under Milicic.

Susueta has already signed. They've built a very good squad. Will be curious to see how Milicic sets them up, he's understudied with Popa and Postecoglou and had plenty of experience on his own with national teams. It's his time to show what he's made of with a club side.

2 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

No its true. He has been at Athletic Bilbao for years and is a very good player, he has been around that 80 rating for a while as well.

I read somewhere a while ago he was persuaded by Susueta to come here, especially because of the lifestyle and covid situation compared to other countries.

Rumours are Susueta will sign for them as well, they have a very good chance at winning the league should they play well as a team under Milicic.

59 minutes ago, Carns said:

Susueta has already signed. They've built a very good squad. Will be curious to see how Milicic sets them up, he's understudied with Popa and Postecoglou and had plenty of experience on his own with national teams. It's his time to show what he's made of with a club side.

Susueta is 75 on FIFA

We're all dead. Meanwhile, we could only get Dorrens who is 70.

1 hour ago, Carns said:

Susueta has not signed for them yet from what I understand? Nothing official anywhere, all just rumours.

Milicic in all his gigs hasn't performed in my opinion and the football he gets the teams to play is trash.

Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST
9 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Susueta has not signed for them yet from what I understand? Nothing official anywhere, all just rumours.

Milicic in all his gigs hasn't performed in my opinion and the football he gets the teams to play is trash.

My bad, heard it on the Fox pod but they must still be talking just a rumour.

Milicic has been an assistant or managed national teams. A national team is a very different beast to a club team (less time with players, not being able to "pick" your own players due to the cattle available).

He's built a very good squad considering the current A-league squads re: budgetary constraints and Covid. This is his moment to show what he's got. I think he'll do well, not necessarily trophies, but they'll be up there if he's competent.

16 minutes ago, GunnerWanderer said:

Looks like they will be very competitive, we're going to have to listen to the "Cowbells" (not kidding) each time they score.

We really need to ensure we are not the 3rd best team in Sydney. The pressure is on.

35 minutes ago, Ossified said:

Looks like they will be very competitive, we're going to have to listen to the "Cowbells" (not kidding) each time they score.

We really need to ensure we are not the 3rd best team in Sydney. The pressure is on.

Yes on paper they look to have a pretty strong squad.  Early days yet and we don't know what our Welsh and Scottish coaching team are capable of with the Squad we have but  after the rubbish we have been served up Since Popa left  I'm sort of already preparing myself mentally  for the "3rd" best team in Sydney Tag...I really hope I am wrong.  

2 minutes ago, jockman said:

Yes on paper they look to have a pretty strong squad.  Early days yet and we don't know what our Welsh and Scottish coaching team are capable of with the Squad we have but  after the rubbish we have been served up Since Popa left  I'm sort of already preparing myself mentally  for the "3rd" best team in Sydney Tag...I really hope I am wrong.  

Question are they bound by the Same Salary cap as the other A league Clubs, (except of course the ones who choose to ignore it and get away with it ...no names mentioned)

or do they get some sort of Exemption the first season ??  

5 minutes ago, jockman said:

Question are they bound by the Same Salary cap as the other A league Clubs, (except of course the ones who choose to ignore it and get away with it ...no names mentioned)

or do they get some sort of Exemption the first season ??  

Yes they get some exemptions. Not sure what they are.

Macarthur played the u23 olyroos today. Lost 2-1.

From what I saw they were really bad, barely challenged at all and the scoreline doesn't reflect how poorly they played.

Looked like they tried to play possession out from the back and it was terrible to watch.

Something i've come to think of Milicic teams recently. Didn't set the world on fire with a star Matildas team either.

For those interested in lineups for each squad

MACARTHUR BULLS FC:
16. Nick SUMAN
5. Mark MILLIGAN
6. Aleksandar JOVANOVIC
7. Ivan FRANJIC
12. Walter SCOTT (on trial)
14. Moudi NAJJAR
15. Aleskandar SUSJNAR
19. Michael RUHS
22. Liam ROSE
27. Matty DERBYSHIRE
29. Andony MARTIS

**Can't find any details if Macarthur Bulls had any subs** 

OLYROOS:
1. Thomas GLOVER (GK)
3. Connor O'TOOLE
5. Tass MOURDOUKOUTAS
6. Lachlan WALES
8. Connor METCALFE
9. Angus THURGATE
10.Denis GENREAU
17. Keanu BACCUS
20. Nathaniel ATKINSON
21. Kye ROWLES
25. Aiden O'NEILL

Subs:
12. Adam PEARCE (GK)
18. Nicholas SORRAS (GK)
2. John KOUTROUMBIS 
4. Josh LAWS
7. Cameron DEVLIN
15. Ryan STRAIN
16. Ramy NAJJARINE
19. Daniel BOUMAN
24. Jordan O'DOHERTY
26. Tass RUSSELL

Edited by MathyouWSW
4 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Macarthur played the u23 olyroos today. Lost 2-1.

From what I saw they were really bad, barely challenged at all and the scoreline doesn't reflect how poorly they played.

Looked like they tried to play possession out from the back and it was terrible to watch.

Something i've come to think of Milicic teams recently. Didn't set the world on fire with a star Matildas team either.

Its a practice game, to stay match fit.

12 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

For those interested in lineups for each squad

MACARTHUR BULLS FC:
16. Nick SUMAN
5. Mark MILLIGAN
6. Aleksandar JOVANOVIC
7. Ivan FRANJIC
12. Walter SCOTT (on trial)
14. Moudi NAJJAR
15. Aleskandar SUSJNAR
19. Michael RUHS
22. Liam ROSE
27. Matty DERBYSHIRE
29. Andony MARTIS

**Can't find any details if Macarthur Bulls had any subs** 

OLYROOS:
1. Thomas GLOVER (GK)
3. Connor O'TOOLE
5. Tass MOURDOUKOUTAS
6. Lachlan WALES
8. Connor METCALFE
9. Angus THURGATE
10.Denis GENREAU
17. Keanu BACCUS
20. Nathaniel ATKINSON
21. Kye ROWLES
25. Aiden O'NEILL

Subs:
12. Adam PEARCE (GK)
18. Nicholas SORRAS (GK)
2. John KOUTROUMBIS 
4. Josh LAWS
7. Cameron DEVLIN
15. Ryan STRAIN
16. Ramy NAJJARINE
19. Daniel BOUMAN
24. Jordan O'DOHERTY
26. Tass RUSSELL

They had subs. I haven't seen a full list but I know that Golec came off the bench at 1-0 up and helped them go on to lose 2-1

34 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Susaeta official. Built a really good squad for their first season. Not too sure about Matt Derbyshire and the random German centreback who hasn't played in a year, but otherwise looks pretty good.

Everyone is predicting them for a top 3 finish. After seeing highlights of their performance against the Olyroos the other day, I'm starting to think that might not happen. 

45 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

Everyone is predicting them for a top 3 finish. After seeing highlights of their performance against the Olyroos the other day, I'm starting to think that might not happen. 

Who's "Everyone"? They have a half decent squad which may lack depth. I'm sure they won't be taken lightly but much will depend on how good the coaching team is.