Macarthur FC

mack

The way Macarthur are going, they seem like that side that will be borderline breaking the salary cap, I know they lost the two spanish players and derbyshire but Davila, Noone and De silva all signing would cost a heap of money.

1 minute ago, Blake said:

The way Macarthur are going, they seem like that side that will be borderline breaking the salary cap, I know they lost the two spanish players and derbyshire but Davila, Noone and De silva all signing would cost a heap of money.

With the addition of the 2 new "designated" player spots i'd assume they are using those and are just under the cap. 

Wouldn't be surprised if they sign a few more quality players to be honest, I agree though looks like they are overspending on the cap.

7 hours ago, Blake said:

People said that about us last season when we signed a ibini, triosi etc. 

Didn't do us any good did it

While Juric is a risk with his injury history the Bulls are putting together a decent squad.

Still have Federici in goal, with Meredith, Jovanovic and Susnjar at the back. Juric, Davila, Noone, Da Silva, Rose (without the crazy hype train) and M’Mombwa should score plenty of goals.

They also have three visa spots available, and in Davila and Noone they’ve got two foreigners that are A-League proven. If they can sign a good visa holding midfielder they’ll be strong everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As of today (15th August 2021)

INS:
Ulises Davila - signed till 2023/24
Daniel De Silva - signed till 2022/23
Craig Noone - signed till 2022/23
Tomislav Uskok - signed till 2021/22
Tomi Juric - signed till 2021/22
Jordan Mutch - signed till 2021/22

OUTS:
Mark Milligan > retired
Benat Etxebarria > retired
Markel Susaeta > retired
Ivan Franjic > Free Agent
Loic Puyo > Free Agent
Walter Scott > Free Agent
Yianni Nicolaou > Free Agent
Milislav Popovic > Strumska Slava (Bulgarian Vtora Liga)
Kyle Cimenti > loan return to Rochdale Ilinden (injury replacement)
Matty Derbyshire > AEK Larnaca (Cypriot Protathlima Cyta) 
Denis Genreau > FC Toulouse (French Ligue 2)  

RE-SIGNS:
Liam Rose - signed till 2021/22
Antonis Martis - loan extension till 2021/22
James Meredith - signed till 2021/22
Michael Ruhs - signed till 2021/22
Charles M'Mombwa - signed till 2021/22
Moudi Najjar - loan option buy, signed till 2022/23
Jake Hollman - signed till 2022/23

RUMOURS:
None to the club.
But, rumour is that Aleksandar Jovanovic is scheduled to depart from the club and join Iranian club Sepahan FC. 

• 1 month later...
On 26/09/2021 at 9:00 AM, Paul01 said:

Wander what BS they are going to put up tomorrow 

"A-League Hub on Twitter: "Macarthur FC will make a major announcement on Monday. [@mfcbulls via @neal_symons]" / Twitter"

Lol, their "big announcement" was the club announcing that Adam Federici is the team captain for this season...

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, GunnerWanderer said:

ThAts a good signing I wonder how Adelaide let him go 

maybe they think he’s not as good as the younger brothers 

Maybe Adelaide have too much of a good (young) thing and can't give them all enough game time. 

10 hours ago, GunnerWanderer said:

ThAts a good signing I wonder how Adelaide let him go 

maybe they think he’s not as good as the younger brothers 

I got a feeling Veart has decided he prefers to have George Blackwood in the Reds starting XI and Al Hassan Toure and he wasn't impressed with Veart's decision. So, he decided to leave or the Bulls was offering him better money and decided to join them.

Milicic is most likely going to play him off the bench. I can't see him replacing Juric. He can also play on the wings so he'll probably come off the bench and replace Juric, De Silva on the left or Noone on the right if needed.

IMO, he should of stayed at Adelaide United (if he was offered the same money). He could of proved to Veart that he deserved to be in the starting XI over Blackwood. 

Federici just retired due to injury. He was doing training drills on camera three days ago and played in their pre-season game. Must have been a bad training injury for such an immediate reaction. They've got Suman as the backup, do they even have a youth team yet. Transfermarkt says they have another 21 year old called Ryan Wood. I would imagine they have to look at bringing in another keeper.

13 minutes ago, mack said:

Federici just retired due to injury. He was doing training drills on camera three days ago and played in their pre-season game. Must have been a bad training injury for such an immediate reaction. They've got Suman as the backup, do they even have a youth team yet. Transfermarkt says they have another 21 year old called Ryan Wood. I would imagine they have to look at bringing in another keeper.

Vedran! He can answer the phones too 

25 minutes ago, mack said:

Suman also on international duty at the moment. Don't know how long that will go on for.