Macarthur FC

mack

We are loyal, tribal, proud, hard working, and inclusive.

Our bull demonstrates our physical power and our club name is strong, stable and synonymous to our region.

The three stars of the Southern Cross represent our connection as Australians and symbolise our links through Football - Community, NPL and A-League, each equally important.

Our club name, bull and three stars are enclosed, embodying our association partners, our community and our vision - with strength and endurance.

The black and white represents people from every culture and the touches of ochre pay homage to the Dharawal heritage.

Macarthur FC indigenous football academy.

Macarthur FC were pleased to announce today that they would create the first indigenous football academy in the A-League. Professor John Maynard will chair the indigenous advisory panel (another first) which will help guide the academy to developing and nurturing young indigenous players in our great game. Professor Maynard was pleased to announce the first three partners in the Academy would be the University of Western Sydney, Campbelltown City Council and the Walker Corporate Foundation.

Facebook 

Edited by Flytox

Hmmm

Samuel Bortolazzo @samuelborto97

FollowingFollowing @samuelborto97
More
Replying to @NEWCSY74 @Wandererstragic and 2 others

FYI and not to stir an argument, the design company behind the logo had major input and is run by 2 women.

4:23 PM - 15 May 2019

Mz-cRmBG_bigger.jpgChris @lastnite__
FollowFollow @lastnite__
More
Replying to @eldantehicks

Here's the answer to a question that didn't need asking - two women.

D6mIEtFV4AAIQ64.jpg

D6mIFRrUUAAMYLF.jpg
D6mIGJ7U0AA4lX6.jpg
6:48 PM - 15 May 2019

So from the accompanying video to the logo launch, it would appear that Smithfield and Fairfield are now in the Macarthur region as they are claiming Harry Kewell and Tony Popovic....and is that footage of the RBB at Campbelltown i can see? I could have sworn i saw my son.....

13 minutes ago, Potkorok said:

So from the accompanying video to the logo launch, it would appear that Smithfield and Fairfield are now in the Macarthur region as they are claiming Harry Kewell and Tony Popovic....and is that footage of the RBB at Campbelltown i can see? I could have sworn i saw my son.....

Pretty sure the drum said the cove and had a Sydney fc shirt on if i;m not mistaken. May be a different visual though.

3 hours ago, Potkorok said:

They're not telling me where our area starts and finishes.

I live in Gregory Hills, it's Western Sydney.

12 hours ago, Taurus said:

Appears the Macarthur Rams supporters are none too impressed

JF7htjJu_bigger.jpgAM @mlsvljvc
FollowingFollowing @mlsvljvc
More

D6kV0uRUEAAcGYr.jpg

D6kV0uKUIAA_wCA.jpg
D6kV0uZU8AAZm1A.jpg
10:28 AM - 15 May 2019

.......considering what she is that reaction was completely expected :P

i actually dont mind the name(dont like it but dont mind it) and i like the logo, the colours look very classy

On 15/05/2019 at 6:24 PM, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Pretty sure the drum said the cove and had a Sydney fc shirt on if i;m not mistaken. May be a different visual though.

On 15/05/2019 at 6:10 PM, Potkorok said:

yer i saw that video too, claiming they had a population based of 750 000 people? Campbelltown barely has 10 000 ppl and the area of Macarthur is about 300 000. Also it said the 5 ends of their shield represented the areas/councils they represent? Wonder what areas they are claiming? Is Liverpool/fairfield suddenly Macarthur region?  Anyways good to have another team in the A league, but a lot of their fans are goin to be ex wsw fans who have jumped on the latest bandwagon till they get over the latest faze in town.

Gino Marra‏ @Gino_Marra

FollowingFollowing @Gino_Marra

More

Replying to @doingtherounds @mturnerATB and 2 others

Designed by two women, met with local women, met with kids (girls) and also ..........did they same with males!! However no bulls consulted!!!

7:00 AM - 17 May 2019

The End 

Hahaha

https://www.goal.com/en-au/news/macarthur-fc-nickname-questioned-by-amateur-football-club/jez7ipz6ivsb1b43yhwxwvarb

Macarthur FC nickname questioned by amateur football club Fairfield Bulls

Last updated 34 minutes ago

Not everyone is pleased by the new franchise's choice of label...

Sydney amateur football club Fairfield Bulls has revealed their disappointment after new A-League club Macarthur FC chose the same nickname.

The South West Sydney franchise unveiled their name, badge and colours on Wednesday, and will a present on the club's logo, media and fans are already referring to the team as 'The Bulls'.

But Fairfield, who were in the top NSW NPL division as recently as 2001, believes that a different nickname could have been chosen to represent the region as the Bulls name has been a part of their club for 26 years.

"While Fairfield Bulls are happy to see an A-League team representing the South West region of Sydney, we would like to stress that there are many more relevant names that could be associated with the new A-League club," the club said in a statement to Goal.

"Fairfield Bulls have been known as "The Bulls" since 1993, through to our tenure in the NSW Premier League (current NPL1) and to this present day."

Macathur FC will commence in the A-League when the 2020-21 season begin in approximately 17 months.

Current Matildas coach Ante Milicic will take the reins after coaching the women at the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo.

Former Socceroos captain Mile Jedinak has been heavily linked with the club as their first marquee signing.

• mack pinned this topic