Jump to content

Macarthur FC


mack

Recommended Posts

Progress so far: Sponsorship, Charles Perkins Academy, training facilities and Foundation Membership sales are all very promising and good for football generally. The Foundation Member's shirt is particularly attractive. Will be interesting to see if they can exceed WSW's first membership numbers before a ball was kicked. I can certainly appreciate Flytox's keen interest given his origins in the area.

Link to post

Successful expansion teams are vital for the league to grow and thrive. Macarthur are doing lots of good things so far, and I hope it continues. I don't fear them or what they may do to WSW support, as if anything, it will make WSW step up their game to keep members and fans in those areas. And if people switch allegiance, than they obviously were never fully committed to WSW anyway. More supporters of the A-league in general is a good thing.

Link to post
11 hours ago, echidna said:

Progress so far: Sponsorship, Charles Perkins Academy, training facilities and Foundation Membership sales are all very promising and good for football generally. The Foundation Member's shirt is particularly attractive. Will be interesting to see if they can exceed WSW's first membership numbers before a ball was kicked. I can certainly appreciate Flytox's keen interest given his origins in the area.

Their foundation membership is similar to a sign up fee, with the offer of a 'free' jersey in return. It doesn't include a seating allocation to their home games in season 20/21.

Link to post
On 01/11/2019 at 8:57 AM, Flytox said:

The area they are marketing in has just under 10% of our members and just over 10% of Sydney FC members so although we call it "our territory" it is split because Sydney FC were around first.  It will now be split between 3 clubs.  When a western Sydney club was first "announced" Sydney FC lost about 40% of their members and no doubt most of them joined up with Wanderers when it first started up.  We will loose some members but it won't be too many.

 

On 01/11/2019 at 10:38 AM, ManfredSchaefer said:

No concerns whatsoever.

First off, as Flytox cites, they will be lucky to call upon 10% of our existing membership, plus the 10% smurf membership. The potential for any turnover in membership, particularly with us being back at Parra & (so far) doing almost everything right on & off the pitch should keep almost all aligned already to us with us. Plus, as previously discussed vis-a-vis the Members Committee, the club ain't going to be walking away from the Macarthur and south west.

 

Are you guys estimating about the amount of WSW membership in the Macarthur region or actually have inside knowledge about it? I've been interested in knowing about our membership base and the number of memberships from the different parts of West Sydney for a while but haven't been able to find anything. Super interested about membership numbers in Bankstown area which I call home. 

Link to post
27 minutes ago, Makedonche said:

 

Are you guys estimating about the amount of WSW membership in the Macarthur region or actually have inside knowledge about it? I've been interested in knowing about our membership base and the number of memberships from the different parts of West Sydney for a while but haven't been able to find anything. Super interested about membership numbers in Bankstown area which I call home. 

 

The numbers were in the Deloitte report and quoted by Bonita M, see below.  My recollection is that there were other figures that showed significantly lower impact on Wanderers when adjustments were made in the northern half of the SDSFA area.

"Impact on existing clubs

Perhaps the most telling set of numbers in the Deloitte data are those that look at the impact of the six shortlisted bids on the existing A-League clubs. 

The Deloitte data looked at the number of existing A-League clubs members in each of the expansion bid geographic regions. 

Table-A-League.png

 

https://footballtoday.news/features/long-read-unpacking-the-metrics-in-the-a-league-expansion-decision

Link to post
12 hours ago, Taurus said:

Their foundation membership is similar to a sign up fee, with the offer of a 'free' jersey in return. It doesn't include a seating allocation to their home games in season 20/21.

True, it is roughly the equivalent of a WSW Supporter membership, though given these are counted within our overall membership numbers, a pre-'kickoff' comparison is still valid. I think we had a total of around 3,500 members by first game day. Please correct me if I am wrong. Irrespective, it is a promising start for them one year out.

Link to post
35 minutes ago, echidna said:

True, it is roughly the equivalent of a WSW Supporter membership, though given these are counted within our overall membership numbers, a pre-'kickoff' comparison is still valid. I think we had a total of around 3,500 members by first game day. Please correct me if I am wrong. Irrespective, it is a promising start for them one year out.

Yep 3500 is the number of paid up season ticket holders we had for Rnd 1 v's CCM

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting article about the new team.   Wonder which A league team is likely to have the most players poached?

I hope that they prove viable for the sake of the league's future.

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/milicic-draws-blueprint-macarthur-fcs-ideal-marquee-player

 

 

Link to post
On 19/11/2019 at 2:26 PM, Flytox said:

Macarthur passed 2,000 Foundation Members yesterday.

impressed with them

11 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Not sure if its known but the Bulls are having an exclusive shop opened at Macarthur square opposite the hobby shop close to San Churros.

i read about that which is awesome i remember some garbage nrl club had something similar there

Link to post

Also after Appiah Kubi supposedly.      Just get Danny Choi back from Portugal, won't cost much and might be an absolute cracking signing. Deserves a chance after all the obstacles put in his way.

Link to post
30 minutes ago, papersun said:

Also after Appiah Kubi supposedly.      Just get Danny Choi back from Portugal, won't cost much and might be an absolute cracking signing. Deserves a chance after all the obstacles put in his way.

but-why.gif

Link to post
2 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

i love how they are staying local, not being like gws and pretending to represent western sydney and never going to parramatta, they know their territory and they are representing people from that area, needs less frank farina though

The only reason whiskey Frank is involved is the Charlie Perkins Academy.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...