Sign in to follow this  
mack

Adelaide United vs Western Sydney Wanderers 26/12/2018 7:20PM

we're fn ****.... total fluke our 2nd goal - we done absolutely fk all since that goal.... even with a fn extra man - and a 10 day break ffs....

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

how can we look so terrible with 1 extra person on the pitch?

True. We are no better than we were under Gumby unfortunately. I so wish that wasn't  true. For the past 2 years we've really only been able to beat the Nix and Mariners.

Edited by beatsurrender

We have to do better than that. We should have won with ten men.

I would have taken a draw before the game but the ways things went we should have won. We really need to get some new blood in....cannot wait for January.

36 minutes ago, dodson said:

Nothing better than a dodgy red then giving them a nice kick in the balls 

Elsey only has himself to blame why do that when you are on a yellow already 

you'd always take a draw playing away but yet again we do everything we can to bottle it .... 

TBF we were losing and didn't look like scoring before the red card, so in a way we did take advantage of the extra man.

I am lost for words. How do I feel about yer another uninspiring performance by this team? FU@@@D 

we look lost in the final third. Our game plan is incredibly easy to read. We have no penetration through the middle. We go wide and then Stuff it up with poor crosses. Defensively we are slow and scared, excluding Ziegler. Risdon would rather be anywhere else but here. He is not interested. Hamil has No confidence yet he is our captain. Go figure...

I hope this all changes next season. This season must surely now be finished for us. I can’t see anything changing for the better. I am sure we’ll not be acquiring any new players this January window. 

Bring on 2019-2020 season. 

Well hopefully in a weeks time we get some serious talent into the squad. We create chances, we don't score.

I don't agree with mack about Baumjohhan, he is a bright spot in the side, his lack of defence aside.Risdon will now go and play blinders for the Socceroos leaving his WSW form behind him. Riera is not the same player as last season perhaps he wants to go back home. Somethings got to give. We should of won this.

pass accuracy was terrible. and i lost count of how many times we turned over the ball straight after winning it. i thought young keeper looked ok, but seemed to me caught a bit flat footed for the second.

1 minute ago, Butts76 said:

pass accuracy was terrible. and i lost count of how many times we turned over the ball straight after winning it. i thought young keeper looked ok, but seemed to me caught a bit flat footed for the second.

The kid is 18. He did ok. I felt more confident with him there than Nizic. Positive sign for the future after Vedran. He will only get better for the experience.

In his post match interview MB wasn’t happy with the performance and so he shouldn’t be.  At least he tells it how it is and doesn’t mince his words. I like that. 

1 minute ago, sonar said:

The kid is 18. He did ok. I felt more confident with him there than Nizic. Positive sign for the future after Vedran. He will only get better for the experience.

for sure. i wasn't sure if he could have got to that ball before mileusnic, but if he went for it and didn't get there, would have been hammered for that. or brought him down for a pen. probably made the right choice, unlucky to be nutmegged.

When I talk about Baumjohann not being good enough, I don't mean he's not a good player, or that other members of the squad aren't worse.

My point is that if we are going to win another Premiership, or an FFA Cup, and have a crack at the Grand Final, we need our lynchpin attacking midfielder to be someone who is going to be in the top 3 players in the league at the end of the year. We'd also want in the top 5 our striker and goalkeeper and in the top 20 everyone else who plays regularly.

He is absolutely not been at that level or really even a glimpse of that level. We have the occasional few flashes of quality, but they aren't many. Tonight, we're a man up, at 2-2, with momentum after our goal, and you expect your best player to stand up. He was a little better in his defensive duties but you can expect that when the opposition have one less attacker. When we needed instinctive quality on the ball we got dithering, sideways passes and mediocre dribbling that lost the ball. According to the stats, Baumjohann has only 1 shot on target this entire season and that was his goal, and Honda has more shots on target than Baumjohann has in total.

It's not enough if we want to be a serious title contender.

1 hour ago, beatsurrender said:

We need to take the positives out of this 

At least we didn't lose 

51 minutes ago, mack said:

When I talk about Baumjohann not being good enough, I don't mean he's not a good player, or that other members of the squad aren't worse.

My point is that if we are going to win another Premiership, or an FFA Cup, and have a crack at the Grand Final, we need our lynchpin attacking midfielder to be someone who is going to be in the top 3 players in the league at the end of the year. We'd also want in the top 5 our striker and goalkeeper and in the top 20 everyone else who plays regularly.

He is absolutely not been at that level or really even a glimpse of that level. We have the occasional few flashes of quality, but they aren't many. Tonight, we're a man up, at 2-2, with momentum after our goal, and you expect your best player to stand up. He was a little better in his defensive duties but you can expect that when the opposition have one less attacker. When we needed instinctive quality on the ball we got dithering, sideways passes and mediocre dribbling that lost the ball. According to the stats, Baumjohann has only 1 shot on target this entire season and that was his goal, and Honda has more shots on target than Baumjohann has in total.

It's not enough if we want to be a serious title contender.

He’s the least of our problems