Western United

mack

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, mack said:

Less than 3000 people showed up in Ballarat.

I'm thinking that maybe this was the wrong bid to introduce to the A-League.

Brilliant expansion was going to breath new life into the competition, and we get a team with a beautiful artists impression of a stadium but no actual stadium 

15 hours ago, mack said:

Less than 3000 people showed up in Ballarat.

I'm thinking that maybe this was the wrong bid to introduce to the A-League.

They met #TheDavidGallopMetrics ahead of the other bids so their entry into the league is valid

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The threat doesn’t extend to champions Sydney FC, grand finalists Melbourne City and crosstown neighbours Melbourne Victory, who have pledged to keep paying players - no matter what the outcome of increasingly fractious talks between owners and Professional Footballers Australia.

As usual the actual big clubs are paying their players while the pretend big clubs are crying poor.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Would that be a bad thing?

Sounds sensible to me...and preferable to that place they generally play, where they attract few supporters.

23 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Sounds sensible to me...and preferable to that place they generally play, where they attract few supporters.

They are supposed to be a club that are suburban club based in Western Melbourne.

As well AFC Rules, unless an exemption is granted states 2 clubs only out of one ground.

2 hours ago, Paul01 said:

They are supposed to be a club that are suburban club based in Western Melbourne.

As well AFC Rules, unless an exemption is granted states 2 clubs only out of one ground.

Oh...:(

Their argument seemed valid - re Covid safe etc.

6 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Oh...:(

Their argument seemed valid - re Covid safe etc.

Your taking about one of rats of Australian football in Mark Rudan pulling the strings.

It's more about siphoning off Melbourne Victory supporters and Heartle$$ supporters. The other outcome is to actually get a crowd from the other team.

3 hours ago, wendybr said:

What was the point of putting a western melbourne team in if they are going to play at the same ground as the existing two melbourne teams? 

What a farce they shouldn’t have been let into the league until they had a ground to play at. Rather than an artists impression of a ground