Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mack

Western United

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Oh...:(

Their argument seemed valid - re Covid safe etc.

How is it valid? they were admitted to the league in part as they said they would not impact the crowds of the existing teams as long term they would base in west of Melbourne and short term they would play in Geelong. The Geelong ground is Covid safe

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

What was the point of putting a western melbourne team in if they are going to play at the same ground as the existing two melbourne teams? 
 

What a farce they shouldn’t have been let into the league until they had a ground to play at. Rather than an artists impression of a ground 

Yep.

Just goes to show how inept the FFA were under the control of Gallop and Lowy. WU still haven't put a DA into council for their stadium yet, yet this was one of, if not, the major drawcards of their bid.

Edited by Wanderboy

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Wanderboy said:

Yep.

Just goes to show how inept the FFA were under the control of Gallop and Lowy. WU still haven't put a DA into council for a their stadium yet, yet this was one of, if not, the major drawcards of their bid.

Yep, stadium is years off and now they want to play out of same ground as the two existing teams what a farce 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

Yep.

Just goes to show how inept the FFA were under the control of Gallop and Lowy. WU still haven't put a DA into council for their stadium yet, yet this was one of, if not, the major drawcards of their bid.

As to the Southern Expansion Bid, the Smurfs were deadset against a club on their doorstep.

The bigger issue was the scrutiny that Foster would have applied to the FFA (Lowy and Gallop) as a Club Board member.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Your taking about one of rats of Australian football in Mark Rudan pulling the strings.

It's more about siphoning off Melbourne Victory supporters and Heartle$$ supporters. The other outcome is to actually get a crowd from the other team.

 

3 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

What was the point of putting a western melbourne team in if they are going to play at the same ground as the existing two melbourne teams? 
 

What a farce they shouldn’t have been let into the league until they had a ground to play at. Rather than an artists impression of a ground 

 

3 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

How is it valid? they were admitted to the league in part as they said they would not impact the crowds of the existing teams as long term they would base in west of Melbourne and short term they would play in Geelong. The Geelong ground is Covid safe

 

3 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

Yep.

Just goes to show how inept the FFA were under the control of Gallop and Lowy. WU still haven't put a DA into council for their stadium yet, yet this was one of, if not, the major drawcards of their bid.

 

3 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Yep, stadium is years off and now they want to play out of same ground as the two existing teams what a farce 

 

9 minutes ago, mack said:

The A-League could have added Team 11, South Melbourne, Wollongong, Canberra or the Cronulla bid with Craig Foster on the board and any of them would have been more viable than WU.

All fair enough!  :hi:

 

 

 

 

PS I just love watching games at AAMI.  :cheeky:

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, WHACKO said:

Except for the seagulls. 

They're all part of the experience!  😁

 

PS I remember one being knocked out by being hit by a ball one game...poor thing!

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...